What could be causing this beeping sound?

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 07:17 pm
I know this is going to sound insanely stupid, and I know it's very circumstancial, but I'm about to go crazy with this beeping sound. For the last three weeks when I watch a sporting event on TV, and only at night, I hear the same four-beep sequence over and over and over. It doesn't matter which network is carrying the game, what city the game is in, or what the sport is, I hear the same exact noise. It's very faint in the background, but noticeable enough to make me stop watching games, and I've asked many of my friends and family if they hear anything at all, but so far I'm alone on that. Any idea what this could be from?

Mame

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 07:21 pm
@JetLife813,
Are you regularly wearing your tinfoil helmet? If not, that could be the answer.
0 Replies

jack356

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 07:22 pm
@JetLife813,
are you sure its on TV kuz if it is take it in to a technition
Mame

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 08:33 pm
@jack356,
Nooooo, I don't think so.... It's all about the tinfoil helmet. Trust me. (Been there, done that).

technition - and that's not how we spell technician. Just a point to ponder.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 08:50 pm
@JetLife813,
Do you live near a contruction site?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 09:16 pm
@JetLife813,
Hmmm. Four beep sequence you say. You are the only one to hear this sequence you say. Only on sporting events you say. Hmmm. Nope, I have no idea.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 09:23 pm
I think there was a similar question to this on a2k before, and that there was some useful answer.

So, I did a Search for beeping sound and found this -

http://able2know.org/topic/36509-1

There were five pages of answers to the search and I only looked at the first one.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 10:48 pm
In all seriousness, has anyone ever been with you when you've heard the beeps? Wouldn't it be better to confirm it with another human being within hearing distance...
How old are you? Hearing high pitch sounds usually diminishes with age.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 10:58 pm
@Ceili,
so, eventually he won't be able to hear it...?

in 40 years or so...
Ceili

Reply Sun 2 Oct, 2011 11:20 pm
@Rockhead,
No, I mean if a kid or teenager can't hear it, it's not external.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 07:01 am
@Intrepid,
Ha!! That was a big help, Intrepid Smile
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 07:11 am
1. look up on the ceiling or wall and see if there is a smoke detector in the vicinity. If there is, change the battery.
2. if no smoke detector is problematic, there's some electronic device that has a low battery or an error code. Perhaps your TV, cable box or even your cell phone?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 08:44 am
@Ragman,
I thought of that, but it's unlikely that no one else would hear the sound

Maybe he lives in an apartment and the sound, whatever it is, is coming from next door.
Ragman

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 09:13 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Who knows? Forgive me if I missed it but has he said that when he and another person in the room are present, he hears it and they don't?

Maybe the device is in his pocket? Or it's coming from a device inside the recesses of his chair?
Ragman

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 10:03 am
@JetLife813,
oh wait! What about the noice being your alarm clock on your watch or on your cell phone? The sound can be too muffled for anyone but you to hear it. Perhaps it's stuck inside the chair..etc?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 10:12 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Who knows? Forgive me if I missed it but has he said that when he and another person in the room are present, he hears it and they don't?

Maybe the device is in his pocket? Or it's coming from a device inside the recesses of his chair?

Who knows indeed, and who really cares all that much? It's an interesting puzzle though.

He hasn't been completely clear whether or not the people who tell him they can't hear it were in the room with him when he heard it, which would be helpful to know. Still, his ability to hear it when they cannot might only mean he has better hearing.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling we are never going to be provided with the answer to the mysterious beeper.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 10:43 am
@JetLife813,
I've heard a rumor - that the government is tracking responses to sports watching. Like when men scream at the TV and react as if the coach and team can hear their instructions. Just some sort of mental tracking by the government. So whenever some one puts the TV on to watch sports - the beep beep beep beep - is the sound of the tracking devise.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 02:05 pm
@Ragman,
I think it's inside his tinfoil helmet.
Ragman

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 02:07 pm
@Mame,
You say that like it's a bad thing! It's truly an art form to create a good one that keeps out ALL those bad rays and evil frequencies.
Mame

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 02:24 pm
@Ragman,
Well, here in Canada we have a football team whose fans wear watermelons on their heads Smile Wonder what that does for them!?