What could be causing this beeping sound?

Ragman

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 02:40 pm
@Mame,
Carmen Miranda would be so jealous as she tried wearing one, but you might say...alas...(apologies in advance) it wasn't a smashing success. Mr. Green
Penguin2099

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 02:52 pm
Its Really pissing me off !!! I hear to and it only seems to be on sports and live tv. i'm only getting a 3 tone pulse but really annoying
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 03:02 pm
Looks like you all have company. More than a few people are hearing the beeps but no one has come up with any definite answers yet.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/Annoying-cell-phone-background-noise-on-Fox/td-p/348499

Apparently, the Emmys had a similar problem:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2011/09/sheen-baldwin-and-cell-phone-interference-behind-the-scenes-at-the-emmys/

0 Replies

Footbal Fan

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 11:42 am
@JetLife813,
I hear it too. I thought it was only during the NFL games, but I also heard it on ABC during an afternoon college football game. I've also seen this question posted elsewhere on the net, so we are not alone!
Rockhead

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 11:49 am
@Footbal Fan,
it is something that is part of the satellite feed.

the only times I see it is on a satellite broadcast...
0 Replies

mi

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 06:59 pm
@JetLife813,
This doesn't sound stupid. I too have heard this noise during sports and other live television. I and my girlfriend (who also hears it) attributed it to some live tv signal gibberish that we would probably just have to deal with. We first noticed it maybe 3 or 4 months ago. But tonight, my gf is watching Wheel of Fortune (not live) and we are both hearing the beeping sequence. I figured I would check online for an answer and googling "what is the very low beeping I hear on television" brought me here.
I would say it is more like a 5 or 6 note sequence that seems to repeat every 5 seconds or so. It sounds electronic and the sequence is about 2 seconds long.
I thought it was only FOX but Wheel is on a different channel. Commercials are on now and I do NOT hear the sounds. Wheel just came back on and I only hear the sound when there is a lot of background noise (applause) but it seems to stop during more quiet and silent parts.
0 Replies

Vidi03

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 01:36 pm
I heard the beeping you are talking about at the Oscars last night. Was driving me mad. My friend heard it too but not everyone else in the room. So weird. It went on the entire show, only not during commercials or before.
0 Replies

john hassen

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 02:28 am
@Ragman,
Hello Community,

You did the right thing by turning it off. When you say constant beeping sound, do you mean it is a series of beeps that is constant and not turning off. The different sounds mean different things for diagnostic purposes. Continuous tone is either temperature sensor or a short in the system, (wiring), the O2 sensor, or the oil module. Beeping is the oil alert. Perhaps a faulty input signal, a faulty oil alert module, or a true alarm because it is either low on oil or the pump is not turning. So yes, low oil could cause the alarm to go off. Before you run it one more second, you may want to top off your low oil, then to be safe mix oil with your fuel at 50:1. If it's not oiling, you will save your power head. If it is oiling, you will gum up a spark plug after awhile maybe. Wait, you said it was 2-stroke scratch that thought.

Best Regards,
John Hassen Smile
Ragman

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2012 08:19 am
@john hassen,
What are you smoking?

Did you read any of this before replying? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies