Every religion proven to be based upon a foundation of lies

wayne

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:43 pm
gungasnake wrote:

The real world imposes limits to it. People I either have reasonable relations with or know nothing about I treat as I would have them treat me. Assholes like izzythepoop I treat like assholes.

The real world isn't imposing the limits, you are.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:47 pm
@wayne,
In the real world, if you go soft on assholes, the assholes win. Pretty simple really.
Questioner

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:50 pm
@gungasnake,
Thus Republicans.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 08:53 pm
@gungasnake,
A justification is a justification, fool yourself all you like.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 02:39 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
I'm saying that I live in the real world.

Ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The most hilarious posts i've read here in ages . . .
izzythepush

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 03:35 am
@Setanta,
Well if Gunga is spending so much time and energy looking at men's bottoms, he's going to have less time to spread hate and pseudo science. That's got to be a good thing.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 06:25 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
In the real world, if you go soft on assholes, the assholes win. Pretty simple really.

Do you think that this man has a real world view on the causes of behavior?
If you do not, "what do you think he is wrong about?

gungasnake

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 07:56 am
@reasoning logic,
Interesting comment about head hunters. Nonetheless....

I once watched a PBS program which had me rolling on the floor it was so funny. A couple of PBS yuppies were interviewing a Pacific islander and the answers they got to questions were very far from what they expected or what their ideology had conditioned them to expect. They asked the guy about head hunting and they clearly expected to hear something like what your man Fresco has to say, and that isn't what they got at all.

The islander noted that his grandfather had spent 20 years in a French prison for taking heads and that nobody ever got a decent nights sleep on those islands in those days i.e. they were either worrying about other people trying to take their heads or they were out trying to take other people's heads. The guy said that in those days no woman would marry anybody who hadn't taken at least one human head and it was a sort of a right of passage. The guy noted also, naturally enough, that no useful work ever got done under those circumstances and that the economy of the islands had been in the toilet since the days of Adam and Eve and Alley Oop.

The guy also noted that all of that had ended with the introduction of Christianity to the islands and described Christianity as the greatest thing which had ever happened in the world, and you can imagine the look on the two yuppies' faces when the guy said that...

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 08:14 am
@gungasnake,
I think I see where you are coming from. I do think that Christianity has evolved compared to many other societies and it would seem as a heaven in a way compared to other societies but I would not be ignorant to the history of our own mores that can be found in the old testament.
Many religions justify the actions of their past and the actions of their present mores.
When we are open minded to other point of views we start to see the reality that we are exposed to.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 08:52 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Excellent point,but I lack the ability to explain it properly.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 08:54 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Experiments at Stanford and Yale supports your claim.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 08:59 am
@JLNobody,
At least with the so-called end game of science, it continues toimprove on "truth."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:03 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I think the word "rationality" is subjective toeach person.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:06 am
@fresco,
Good point; it's all based on socialization and culture. I've often said that religion is an accident of birth.
Miller

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I've often said that religion is an accident of birth.

Maybe, but then there's a high conversion rate, during adulthood to a different religion once the individual becomes "enlightened".
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:13 am
@Miller,
But that still follows from socialization andculture.
Miller

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:20 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

But that still follows from socialization andculture.

No, it often follows from education. Many Christians may convert to either Judaism or Islam following an educational experience ( such as college courses ).
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:24 am
@Miller,
So you are claiming only people with education switch religions?
Where's your proof? I became an atheist as a young teenager. All my siblings are christians.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
Not to change the subject but do you know where farmerman has been?
I have not heard from him in a month, We had a good discussion a few pages back where his expertise could have been used!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2011 09:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
I would think that new info {education} is what causes all beliefs but I am sure that I could be wrong!
0 Replies