edgarblythe

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 12:53 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,

Aw, he just said that to get the nomination. I bet Cheney is not even available. If I am wrong, it was nice knowing you.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 01:33 pm
don't accept any hunting invitations unless you REALLY know the people
Josef cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 02:37 pm
@JTT,
So you contend that it is not correct?
Josef cv

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 02:39 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Why would anyone want to be known as "blueveinedthrobber?" Is that what your mind dwells on? Sounds sick to me, but we all think of ourselves as something, don't we?
JTT

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 02:49 pm
@Josef cv,
Quote:
So you contend that it is not correct?

You have an ambiguous referential pronoun there, Jo. 'it', unlike 'guys', is a pronoun.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 02:51 pm
@Josef cv,

BVT is suffering from a case of Penis Envy
JTT

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 03:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
@Josef cv

Do you recognize a kindred spirit, H20man, or is this your spawn, the result of you sharing your milt with pond scum?
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 04:25 pm
@H2O MAN,
that's all ya got eh?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 04:26 pm
@JTT,

Speaking of pond scum, who will be dragged out of the muck
to face Obama for the democrat nomination for president?
Foofie

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 06:28 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

I thought the Democrats will just nominate him, and then look for a possible new VP? Perhaps, I am guessing, Hillary might be thought of as a VP, so she could get a chance for the Presidency in 2016, and give the Democrats two historical firsts?
JTT

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 06:51 pm
Romney Prefers Sociopath For VP

The rest of the world must be breaking up in fits of laughter.

One of the top Repug candidates wants a war criminal, a terrorist, a torturer, a murderer, a thief, a ... for his VP.

Third world countries must be shittin' bricks.

Quote:

August 2008

Dick Cheney's Morality

by Jonathan Wallace [email protected]

Cheney has said several times that he doesn't care what the public or press think of him; only history's verdict will count. I think history will view him as the Patron Saint of Waterboarding.

Wikipedia defines "waterboarding" as follows (footnotes omitted):

Waterboarding is a form of torture that consists of immobilizing a person on their back with the head inclined downward and pouring water over the face and into the breathing passages. Through forced suffocation and inhalation of water, the subject experiences the process of drowning and is made to believe that death is imminent. In contrast to merely submerging the head face-forward, waterboarding almost immediately elicits the gag reflex. Although waterboarding does not always cause lasting physical damage, it carries the risks of extreme pain, damage to the lungs, brain damage caused by oxygen deprivation, injuries (including broken bones) due to struggling against restraints, and death. The psychological effects on victims of waterboarding can last for years after the procedure.

And here is a famous 1968 photo of a North Vietnamese POW being water-boarded:

[see image at]

http://www.spectacle.org/0808/cheney.html

This practice was illegal in the U.S. military at the time, and the soldier who gave the order was ultimately court-martialed and discharged.

Are you really ready to believe this is not torture? More than anything else, Cheney's cynical re-definition of a clear English word makes me seriously worried that we are finally reaching the 1984/Humpty Dumpty state in which a word can mean its own opposite, or anything else--an era where spin is everything, facts nothing.

The Wikipedia article also mentions that:

In 1983 Texas sheriff James Parker and three of his deputies were convicted for conspiring to force confessions. The complaint said they "subject prisoners to a suffocating water torture ordeal in order to coerce confessions. This generally included the placement of a towel over the nose and mouth of the prisoner and the pouring of water in the towel until the prisoner began to move, jerk, or otherwise indicate that he was suffocating and/or drowning".

The sheriff was sentenced to ten years in prison, and the deputies to four years.

I wonder how James Parker feels today, if he's still alive, about having served ten years' hard time for a practice now glorified by our vice president.

Dick Cheney on waterboarding, during an interview on radio station WDAY on October 24, 2006:

Hennen: "Would you agree a dunk in water is a no-brainer if it can save lives?"
Cheney: "Well, it's a no-brainer for me, but for a while there I was criticized as being the vice president for torture. We don't torture. That's not what we're involved in."

Ibid

JTT

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:16 pm
@JTT,
* the soldier who gave the order was ultimately court-martialed and discharged.

* The sheriff was sentenced to ten years in prison, and the deputies to four years.

* Dick Cheney was sentenced to the speaker's tour where he could brag about his war crimes.

Yet another shining example of the old rule of law US of A.

Doesn't it just make your heart fair to burstin' with pride in your country?

0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 07:29 pm
@JTT,
and this is the GOP'S MODERATE candidate.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 11:54 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Romney Prefers Sociopath For VP

The rest of the world must be breaking up in fits of laughter.

We're not laughing over here. The last time that man was whispering in the president's ear, we ended up fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 01:42 pm

America is happy that JizzytheLush is not allowed to vote in this country
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 01:44 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

I thought the Democrats will just nominate him, and then look for a possible new VP? Perhaps, I am guessing, Hillary might be thought of as a VP, so she could get a chance for the Presidency in 2016, and give the Democrats two historical firsts?

It's becoming crystal clear that even the Obamabots have fallen out of love with Obama.

The democrat party needs to fins a new lead jackass.
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 01:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
An ignorant, gap-toothed, inbred Georgia cracker like you hardly speaks for America, h2oman.
Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 05:41 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Foofie wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

It's becoming crystal clear that even the Obamabots have fallen out of love with Obama.

The democrat party needs to fins a new lead jackass.

I think they would want a woman so the Democratic Party could get the two historical firsts into the history books for posterity. In my opinion, Hillary could be the new Lazarus.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 05:43 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

An ignorant, gap-toothed, inbred Georgia cracker like you hardly speaks for America, h2oman.

When it comes to cousins marrying cousins, many of the 19th century immigrants have that in their family tree, due to marriages back in the old country. So many white ethnics do not know how inbred they might be.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 07:06 pm
@Foofie,
There are clues however....
0 Replies