ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 02:00 pm
@Butrflynet,
I don't know the pros and cons of that, Butrflynet.. or even how to find out. Given it's ok, I'd love to see them, especially the art, but the others too.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 03:34 pm
Thanks for the heads up Montana.
I have such great memories of our movie discussions back in '04 and '05.

He was so very passionate about the art form; and he made me passionate too.
So long Mr Flickers.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:01 pm
So sad. Even though he wasn't here often, he and I would chat on FB.

A
Rest in peace
T
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:02 pm
@Butrflynet,
Please check with his niece how his family would feel about anything being posted here. Thanks.
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 04:35 pm
@ehBeth,
I've already sent his sister a message requesting permission and a link to this A2K topic.

Thanks.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 05:30 pm
I'm very sorry to learn of this. RIP.
Montana

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 05:39 pm
George had a beautiful home and he took pride in keeping it that way. He had beautiful paintings, aquariums, plants and so much more. He certainly knew how to decorate. He was a wonderful man all around...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 05:56 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
As I wrote earlier to ehBeth by pm,

I knew, a while back, that he was ill with prostate cancer (I think), but had lost touch with him since he centered his forum interest (far as I know) on facebook.

George was a big help to me back when we were fixing up the gallery in Eureka. Plus we used to pm a bunch re this and that. Funny, we first really got to know each other while arguing at abuzz. He, Paola L. (also passed), and I, doing the rounds of disagreement about Richard Meyer's edifice involving the Ara Pacis in Rome. Interesting in memory in that we all ended up friends, Paola and I meeting in NYC, and I had hoped to meet him in California back on my trip in late 2009, but my time got all clogged up.

Rest in peace, George.

George is there in my mind, speaking well.. He's part of who I am, while we argued.

Re a2k, he's the one who tried again and again to get me here and I treated that, like, so? I wasted weeks with his yammering and my own easy dismissal. (well, back then we sent this and that, the notice re a2k was just one more thing.)

My immediate flaw was that I never understood Raven's Realm, what Craven was doing, other things going on, so a notice about a2k was like, yeah?

Well, as said, I'll miss him.

kuvasz

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 07:10 pm
@Montana,
I met Lightwizard on Abuzz ten years ago. He was my friend and I will miss him.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 04:19 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, this news about George/Lightwizard pains me greatly. We communicated frequently on Facebook, but had not heard from him after I quit playing the Mafia Wars over there.

Another online friendship I cherished greatly. Rest in peace, George.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 04:34 pm
@PDiddie,
Good to see you around these parts, Mr. P.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 08:38 am
Oh...such a shame, I really enjoyed chatting with him some years ago. He was indeed a pop-media whiz. I hate death and yet I understand it's essential nature.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 02:08 pm
Well, bloody hell. I was hoping to see him pop up sometime. We had a few bantering sessions via PM, and I liked him a lot. This death thing never sleeps.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 08:11 pm
Thank you Butrflynet for directing me to this notice by Montana. Thanks to you to, Montana. George was a substantial person who played our game of commication and sharing well. I'll also miss him very much. I am in my 70s and losing friends to their mortality at an astonishing rate. But the loss of Bob and George is of a special case. That really says something to me about A2K. Please, the rest of you take your vitamins and get exercise.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 20 Feb, 2012 08:15 pm
My nick is "fbaezer" due to Lightwiz. He was just incapable of spelling correctly the original one, so I changed it for his (and, I suspect, others')
sake.
He was one of my very first friends in Abuzz, on the Movies forum.
Rest in Peace.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 05:13 am
Oh my gawd!!!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 06:13 am
Thanks, Montana. I was traveling last September when this thread was posted, and did not see it until Prince responded (waving hello to Prince.)
Damn! LW was such a great guy.
Joe Nation

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 10:56 am
@Phoenix32890,
Same here, Phoenix,

lightwizard was one of the good ones.

Joe(r.i.p.)Nation
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 22 May, 2012 11:02 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Thanks, Montana. I was traveling last September when this thread was posted, and did not see it until Prince responded (waving hello to Prince.)
Damn! LW was such a great guy.

Hello beautiful. Every time I go away and come back, someone I love is gone from A2K. Damn. I miss GW. He was such a nice man.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:49 am
Very sorry to hear this, but I was beginning to suspect as much. I liked that guy.
0 Replies