JTT

Thu 13 Oct, 2011 08:02 pm
@GracieGirl,
Quote:
Yea. I skipped a couple grades.

Which ones, if you don't mind me asking, GG?

I was set to skip but I put the kaibosh on that pretty quick.
ossobuco

Thu 13 Oct, 2011 08:02 pm
@GracieGirl,
It was so bad I totally backed off.

Now, a million years later, I'd have to wonder how he learned that move.

He might have even been as new to all of that as I was, but I doubt it. He was a fraternity person who was in my zoology class.

Probably eminent academically by now.
Pemerson

Thu 13 Oct, 2011 08:12 pm
uh, can't believe I read this whole thing. So, now we are at entering college at age 15? My sister graduated high school barely 16, moved back to our dad's house and re-entered high school there, small town in TX. Always, great grades.

Left that high school after her junior year, for some reason, and started working. After two years she got married, had 5 kids, joined Jehovah's Witnesses, cleaned houses. I didn't see her much during those years.

Let me tell you something Gracie. Very intelligent students sometimes don't have so much smarts, and need, need excellent teachers and parents who assist them, counsel them, let them know they don't know as much as they think. Very intelligent kids are often vulnerable to those with street-like smarts. They also want to be independent. If they aren't allowed that independence, God help the parent(s).

You are only 13, so possibly you are bored with your classes. If you aren't able to do sports, can you play games like chess, or? You'll need some kind of physical exercise to play this sort of game. I recall Bobby Fisher did calesthenics prior to this game. Nobody should be bored at 13! Karate?

Hey there, girl, you need your father. Can't you just humor him along, or something? He doesn't sound like the controlling sort. Do you now and then, say something stupid like, "Love ya' dad. I'm fine. I'm good."

My oldest son was like you. Had no patience being a kid, just wanted to skip over that. Didn't like school, didn't make such great grades. But he won a scholarship based on SAT test for being in highest percentile in math and science. So, he's been happy since. He computer designs gadgets (not exactly the right word) that measure power, fusion, etc., for the auto, medical, military industry, wherever they get a contract.

Incidentally, we always allowed him to make his own decisions. Maybe your dad does that? You do seem to respect him, though.
GracieGirl

Thu 13 Oct, 2011 08:30 pm
@JTT,
Nope! I dont mind. Ask away. Smile Ive already mentioned it a few times on other threads, but I skipped kindergarten and third grade. Im in advanced classes and a couple AP (college credit if I pass the $80 dollar exams at the end of the semester) classes. I skipped an English class this year too, so instead of going to English II (or English 10, same difference) I went to English III.

It was hard at first but its been easier this year. I fit in more because I look wayy different from what I looked like last year (older) and Im not as shy, and I get into more trouble. Haha! Mr. Green Laughing
GracieGirl

Thu 13 Oct, 2011 08:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Haha! I havent kissed anyone yet. Well I guess I have kinda but not like a real kiss thats all romantic and stuff. When I do have my first kiss I sure hope the guy doesnt have Liver Lips! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Thu 13 Oct, 2011 08:45 pm
@Pemerson,
Ok, I get it. Smile

And yeah, I get bored in my classes but I already do a sport- gymnastics after school and Im on the schools dance team.

I know I need my Dad and he's not really controlling he just gets strict and overprotective about things like school & the kind of people I hang out with. Other than that, he's fine and he lets me make my own decisions sometimes, kinda. I respect him and I love him but I still wanna move out, go to college and start my own life, on my own asap! Haha! Smile

0 Replies

JTT

Thu 13 Oct, 2011 10:48 pm
@GracieGirl,
I guess I haven't read all your posts. Sad that Crying or Very sad 'cause they sure are tres interesting.

Did your twin do the same? Did that put you with your older brother?
GracieGirl

Thu 13 Oct, 2011 10:52 pm
@JTT,
Haha! Thanks! Smile

Yep, Lissa skipped the same grades I did. Her GPA is higher than mine I think. I have a 3.4

My brother's 3 years older so he's still a year ahead of us but Im 3 years ahead of kids my age in English and I was in his class in the beginning of the school year but my schedule was changed.

My brother is in all advanced classes and he takes atleast one AP class but he's never skipped a grade.
GracieGirl

Thu 13 Oct, 2011 10:55 pm
Its my curfew! GoodNite! Very Happy
0 Replies

JTT

Thu 13 Oct, 2011 11:03 pm
@GracieGirl,
Wow, a whole family of Einsteins!

Good night, kiddo. Pleasant dreams!
GracieGirl

Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:54 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Wow, a whole family of Einsteins!

Haha! Thanks! Not a whole family. My brother has a C average and my dad never skipped any grades either. Me and my sis are the only geniuses in this family! LOL Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Wed 26 Oct, 2011 07:21 pm
Funny thing happened today at school. (Facebook Repost)

So I was at the library and I was sitting down and all of the sudden I feel somebody tapping my shoulder and it was some dude and this is what he said......

dude: Hey (smiles) I think you're so hot
me: Umm....(awkward)
dude: Do you have a boyfriend?
me: Yes (No, and Im not looking for one so buzz off!)
dude: Do you think we can hang out sometime soon?
me: I have a boyfriend (Go away!!!)
dude: Do you think we can talk sometime
me: Um......I dont know (HECK NO!)
dude: Why not??
me: Ummm....Its against my religion (and i get up and walk away and sit in a different chair)

LOL! Lying comes in handy! Razz

There's a talent show and pep rally tommorow at school. Not gonna do homework for 1st period, we'll have a sub and we'll only be in there for like, 15 mins. WooHooo!!!
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Wed 26 Oct, 2011 07:25 pm
Am I the only one who thinks Voice Within by Christina Aguliera is AMAZING?!

Ticomaya

Wed 26 Oct, 2011 07:52 pm
@GracieGirl,
Yes, you are.
GracieGirl

Fri 28 Oct, 2011 11:23 am
@Ticomaya,
Haha! Noo way! Are you kidding?! Christina Aguliera was ( WAS) awesome. This is like one of my favorite sings. It's soo sad. Why don't you like it? Razz

Are you a fan of Cody Simpson? I know you hate Justin Bieber. Lol Very Happy
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Sat 29 Oct, 2011 08:58 pm
HOW AWESOMELY SCARY IS MY NEW AVATAR?!?! Mr. Green Mr. Green
Ragman

Sat 29 Oct, 2011 09:00 pm
@GracieGirl,
Still cute. You can't hide it!
GracieGirl

Sat 29 Oct, 2011 09:02 pm
@Ragman,
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Liar! There's absolutely NOTHING cute about that picture!! Hahahahaha!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Mr. Green

But thanks for the compliment! You're awesome!
0 Replies

Reyn

Sat 29 Oct, 2011 09:15 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

HOW AWESOMELY SCARY IS MY NEW AVATAR?!?! Mr. Green Mr. Green

Very awesome, cutie! Very Happy
GracieGirl

Sat 29 Oct, 2011 09:32 pm
@Reyn,
Haha! Awesome, YES! Cute, NOOOOOOOOO!! Razz

You guys are suppose to be scared!!

How about this one.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/383758_113611632083348_100003035366452_96318_316953793_n.jpg