How to understand the weird logic?

JTT

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 11:06 am
@Setanta,
Setanta opines

Quote:
what was simply an overwrought attempt to depict bucolic upstate New York while making Ichabod Crane look ridiculous.

immediately after telling us how it is ludicrous to opine on such matters.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 11:06 am
@fresco,
In Southampton we have a different problem, our homegrown talent going to the bigger clubs, Theo Walcott and Alex Chamberlain to Arsenal and Gareth Bates to Spurs.
fresco

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 11:51 am
@izzythepush,
I blame media money turning locals into mercenaries, but I'm probably an anachronism.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 12:05 pm
@Setanta,
Wrong "oh"....try the vocative "O" ..and it's much more anally suggestive !
Then again, you are not exactly poetically aware are you ? Evil or Very Mad
Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 09:28 pm
@fresco,
The obscure usages of an insignificant little island which dangles from the ass of Europe like a dinglebery is of little interest to me. I'll bet you're big fun at parties, huh?
JTT

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 09:51 pm
@Setanta,
Set, why not just admit that you slipped up? It's not like this is a one time thing that is going to be the ruin of your image.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 12:35 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
The obscure usages of an insignificant little island which dangles from the ass of Europe like a dinglebery is of little interest to me.

Hehehehe...(sic)
What a fibber ! I bet you could bore us to death with your "knowledge" of British History. And I notice your default mode to lavatorial language is quintessentially "British schoolboy" ....a colonial inheritance no doubt!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 03:10 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The obscure usages of an insignificant little island which dangles from the ass of Europe like a dinglebery is of little interest to me. I'll bet you're big fun at parties, huh?

An island whose insignificance is so great that you're talking its language.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 04:33 am
If dingleberry is in use by "British schoolboys," i'm not surprised. I've noticed many examples of linguistic borrowings from the Americans--such as the spelling of magic, tragic, etc. What little sense there is in the language you speak and write you've borrowed from the American language.
wayne

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 04:43 am
@Setanta,
I've always wondered how that got morphed into dingleberry in the first place, must be a politically correct Dangleberry.
Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 04:47 am
@wayne,
Actually, that's not something which would interest me--however, if it serves, as so many simple things do, to jerk the respective chains of the Limeys, i'm all for it.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:20 am
@Setanta,
You're not going to 'jerk' many 'chains' by sounding like Foofie.
Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:39 am
@izzythepush,
Which is why i make a successful effort not to sound like that pathetic clown. Got a response from you, didn't it?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 06:09 am
@Setanta,
Yes, but don't you think it's a bit ironic, you decrying the insignificance of the UK, from a country where our queen is your head of state?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 06:16 am
Not my head of state, i ain't no Canajun . . . and i would never take out citizenship precisely because, as the native son of a republic, i would never willingly be the subject of a monarch.

Here, now, let's drag this discussion even further atray.
0 Replies

helares

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 07:21 pm
The secret lies in understanding what an eelpot is (a trap with a funnel shaped entry that makes it easy to get in but difficult to get out - check the internet for a picture).
oristarA

Reply Tue 5 May, 2020 12:48 am
@helares,
helares wrote:

The secret lies in understanding what an eelpot is (a trap with a funnel shaped entry that makes it easy to get in but difficult to get out - check the internet for a picture).

I thought exactly the same way as I happened to read this thread just now.
0 Replies