Hoffa Blusters...Tea Party Runs Behind The Screen Door

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 06:13 am
Isn't it odd how the Tea Party talks tough and uses war and shooting references, talking about 2nd. amendment solutions until Hoffa or someone else challenges them with their own rhetoric. Then they're shocked and outraged that someone would behave in such a thug like manner. Like the playground bully, one small push back and they reveal themselves to be playground sissies. In a pathetic way, it's really hilarious.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 5,059 • Replies: 83

Below viewing threshold (view)
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 08:26 am
so you disagree with Pelosi and think that we should all be talking about kicking each other's asses, right? Very productive. In addition, Pelosi's speech is in REACTION to GOP/TEA Party regular rhetoric. Were she to talk about playground fights and then puss out it would be a different story. You evaded the entire issue.
Below viewing threshold (view)
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 08:34 am
@H2O MAN,
no I don't but in any case that's not what I was speaking to. If Pelosi or the dems in general come out in support of Hoffa's talk, then there's a comparison. Otherwise this is just about tough talk until someone pushes back then retreat and righteous indignation. Classic bully is actually pussy stuff.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 08:54 am
@blueveinedthrobber,

Pelosi and the White House have been asked about Hoffa's speech and their 'no comment' response is tacit support.

I do agree with you on Hoffa being a big pussy... you got that right.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 08:57 am
you won't stop spinning no matter what, so I'm not interested in pursuing this.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 09:08 am
@blueveinedthrobber,

Understood, but why would you give up on pursuing the truth?
revelette

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 09:17 am
In light of the past year, he should not have the used the words "take them out' in any context.

However, fox did fudge what he said a little bit and the rest of media has ran with it as usual.

Quote:
Right-wing bloggers misled by dishonest Fox News video editing are attacking Teamsters President James Hoffa for supposedly urging violence against Tea Party activists during a Labor Day speech. Conservatives are also attacking President Obama, who appeared at the event, for "sanctioning violence against fellow Americans" by failing to denounce Hoffa. But fuller context included in other Fox segments makes clear that Hoffa wasn't calling for violence but was actually urging the crowd to vote out Republican members of Congress.

During the segment that the bloggers have latched onto, Fox edited out the bolded portion of Hoffa's comments:

Quote:
HOFFA: Everybody here's got to vote. If we go back and keep the eye on the prize, let's take these son of a bitches out and give America back to America where we belong! Thank you very much!

In an initial report on Hoffa's speech at 1 p.m. on Fox News, Ed Henry reported that Hoffa said that "we'll remember in November who's with the working people" and "said of the Tea Party and of Republicans, 'let's take these sons of bitches out.'"

Henry made clear during that segment that Hoffa's comments were references to voting out Republican members of Congress, not to violence. And roughly 20 minutes later, he explained on Twitter that the "full quote" of the "take these son of a bitches out" comment is "Everybody here's got to vote. If we go back & keep the eye on the prize, let's take these sons of bitches out":

But in a second segment that ran at roughly the same time as Henry's tweet, Fox News dishonestly edited the speech in the manner seen above. Andrew Breitbart's Big sites, Real Clear Politics, The Daily Caller, the Media Research Center, and the Drudge Report have all highlighted that footage, using it to condemn "the violence emanating from union thug bosses" and demand that Obama "denounce" the comments.

In the Fox News segment that included the dishonestly cropped video, Republican consultant Brad Blakeman decried the comments as "thuggery at its best" and "the kind of remarks you'd expect out of Tony Soprano," and commented that "when a union president says 'let's take these sons of bitches out,' that usually means someone's legs are going to get broken, somebody's going to disappear." Meanwhile, anchor Megyn Kelly somehow did not mention Henry's previous explanation that the comments were references to voting Republicans out of office.

Andrew Breitbart operative and CNN contributor Dana Loesch quickly followed up the attack on Twitter, claiming soon after the Fox segment and Henry tweet that Hoffa "threatens tea party voters" and that if Obama "doesn't condemn then he is sanctioning violence against fellow Americans by silence":

source
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 09:32 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

In light of the past year, he should not have the used the words "take them out' in any context.

His words are a call for violence against republicans and T.E.A. party members (Americans) and the Obama White House has 'no comment'. 'No comment' is nothing more than a green light approval for the radical left to escalate their war of vitriol and violence against the T.E.A. party, republicans, and conservative Americans in general.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 10:08 am
@H2O MAN,
I will pursue the truth with others who are interested in the pursuit. I'm outgrowing pissing contests, or making the effort to in any case.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 10:18 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
The truth ain't in you.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 10:32 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Who or what do you think The Tea Party actually is?

Since you believe there has been a consolidated Tea Party reaction to Hoffa's words you, obviously, don't understand what the Tea Party is.

Fox News is not The Tea Party nor is the Republican Party and it's spokespersons.

In any event, what reaction would cause you to not think of Tea Party members as pussies? A similar threat directed at Hoffa?

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 10:50 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
for them not to have harped on and on about 2nd. amendment solutions, being locked and loaded, etc. and then suddenly becoming shocked and indignant when someone addressed them in their accustomed manner would go a long way towards not thinking them pussies. I'm a little guy, not much to me physically and I've spent my lifetime dealing with people like that who think they can talk tough and try to impose themselves on me by it. In EVERY case, when I've pushed back they've backed down. I may not be a political analyst with a degree but I know a bully when I see one and I know they're like balloons. One pop and they collapse. Wink In addition if the Tea Party is separate from the GOP then why do they enter GOP races and primaries and use the GOP organization to yell from behind? Why not just stand on their own like the big brave mavericks they style themselves as? I haven't seen a Tea Party box on any ballots.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 11:12 am

Obama and his union thugs will back down because American is sick and tired of Obama's thuggery.

I honestly don't think Obama and his union thugs know the giant their combined rhetoric is awakening.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 06:34 pm
@H2O MAN,
Same stupid bullshit from the same stupid liers who wouldent recognize the truth if it ran them down.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 06:54 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

for them not to have harped on and on about 2nd. amendment solutions, being locked and loaded, etc. and then suddenly becoming shocked and indignant when someone addressed them in their accustomed manner would go a long way towards not thinking them pussies. I'm a little guy, not much to me physically and I've spent my lifetime dealing with people like that who think they can talk tough and try to impose themselves on me by it. In EVERY case, when I've pushed back they've backed down. I may not be a political analyst with a degree but I know a bully when I see one and I know they're like balloons. One pop and they collapse. Wink In addition if the Tea Party is separate from the GOP then why do they enter GOP races and primaries and use the GOP organization to yell from behind? Why not just stand on their own like the big brave mavericks they style themselves as? I haven't seen a Tea Party box on any ballots.

You are generalizing to a fault, just as I would be if I asserted that all Teamsters agree with Jimmy Hoffa's sentiments.

The Tea Party is not a political party and it is not the GOP. Proof of the distinction is Tea Party support of 2010 candidates that bounced GOP Establishment favorites.

You're dead wrong in claiming the Tea Party "yells from behind the GOP." They yell at the GOP almost as much as they yell at the Democrats.

You don't see Tea Party on any ballots because (again) it is not a political party, or for that matter a very organized group. "Tea Party" is simply a name for a a large group of like minded individuals who are organizing at local levels.

No one speaks for The Tea Party, not Sarah Palin, not Michelle Bachman and not Rick Perry.

The Tea Party was born of spontaneous grass roots level activism. As a child of the 60's you should appreciate it, not scorn it.

There are, without a doubt, a number of individuals who have attempted to take leadership of The Tea Party and wield it for there own political purposes, but none have been successful, but there are many who have tried to take ownership of the distorted opposition to the Tea Party and they have been successful.

The so-called Tea Party Republicans in the House aren't leaders of The Tea Party, they are men and women that self-identifying Tea Party members sent to Washington because they believed they shared their principles.

You really should spend some time finding out what the Tea Party is really about, instead of slavishly accepting all of the bullshit being spread about it by Democrats and Union Bosses.

Attend a local Tea Party rally. Unless you spend your entire time looking for the one or two nuts that frequent any large gathering, I'm sure you will be surprised at what you find.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 06:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
to make it easier for those at home, try this...

substitute the word Idiots for Tea Party in the article above.

it works surprisingly well...
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 06:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
a great majority of the Tea Party people I see are old white people who want to gut social programs while collecting medicare and social security.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 6 Sep, 2011 07:05 pm
@Rockhead,
Better yet substitute Vapid for Rockhead...it works even better.

Why do you insist on flapping your gums when you obviously know nothing about the subjects you are weighing in on?

I know you think your posts are illuminating flashes of clever insight, but they are little more than a kid calling out dirty words in a darkened theater during the matinee screening.