What ? No Chaz Bono discussion?

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 11:39 am
@BillRM,
I don't know about sad. Perhaps it is sadder still to be captured in a body that doesn't fit with your understanding of yourself. I don't understand this, but then presumably I am a well adjusted male. (to some extent). I have accepted that there are people with issues and struggles that I don't have the capability or knowledge to understand.

I do have compassion for all those who struggle with a life that is outside of our societies accepted norms. We do tend to be a judgmental lot.
BillRM

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 01:19 pm
@IRFRANK,
The whole subject of her ‘him’ is colored emotionally for me from seeing many times on TV what a cute little girl she once was in her parents arms and then seeing pictures of the not attractive woman she grow into.

Now there is no way we had the technology to change a person of one sex into a person of another sex all we can do is to distort their bodies with drugs and to surgery mutilate them into a poor image of the other sex.

Somehow the whole thing seems sad to me as “he” is not a man but instead a mutilated woman that once was a cute little girl.

I feel bad for her <him> that this person could not adjusted to the sex that she was born into and was driven into this solution that is not a good solution to say the least.

BillRM

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 01:59 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The whole subject of her ‘him’ is colored emotionally for me from seeing many times on TV what a cute little girl she once was in her parents arms and then seeing pictures of the not attractive woman she grow into.

Sorry the sentence above should had been

The whole subject of her ‘him’ is colored emotionally for me from seeing many times on TV what a cute little girl she once was in her parents arms and then seeing pictures of the not unattractive woman she grow into.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 03:31 pm
Well, I'm anti Chaz and pro Bono.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 05:23 pm
@BillRM,
I understand your comments, but I think you are very much seeing this from your own perspective. That is, creating opinions by trying to understand what would make someone want to do this based upon your own experiences. That's what makes this so difficult. I don't think we can possibly have the ability to understand what a person in this condition is going through. How strong the feeling might be, etc. At some point we have to accept that. 'She' feels that she is really a man and wants to live as a man. That doesn't have anything to do with whether or not she was a cute or pretty little girl. Many people have surgeries for much less of a reason and I do not understand why they would do that. I don't understand why anyone would get piercings. But, many people do and seem well adjusted to it. I accept that I don't understand and don't need to project any judgment that way. Living in a woman's body and believing (knowing) that you are really a man would be much harder to accept than thinking your nose was too big.

It doesn't have anything to do with how attractive she was or is.

It comes down to the realization that these people have much more difficult issues to deal with and this is not just a 'decision' one makes for convienence.

Unlike some people, I don't think this is something someone can be 'counseled' out of. It's not a mental defect, it's who they are.
BillRM

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 06:24 pm
@IRFRANK,
The problem however is she is not now living in a man body but she is still in a woman body that had been harm by drugs and surgeries that at best can only look like a man body with her cloths on.

Her normal lifespan had likely been greatly reduce beside.

She did not change her sex but instead she mutilation a perfectly good female body.

Too bad we do not have the technology to give her and others like her what they wish for but we do not have that technology.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 09:58 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
. . .
Her normal lifespan has likely been greatly reduced beside . . .
How do u know this ??
BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 01:38 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
How do u know this ??

From the known bad health effects of athletes and builder builders loading up on similar or the same hormones.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 03:47 pm
@BillRM,
If she was unhappy in those circumstances,
then it makes sense that she changed them to her liking.

@ of us owes it to himself to cram as much happiness
into his life as he possibly can. She did.

David
BillRM

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 05:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Whatever however it is sad t0 me to mutilate a perfect good female body and just ended up with a very surface copy of a male body.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 05:19 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Whatever however it is sad t0 me to mutilate a perfect good female body
Good enuf for u; not good enuf for her.
She took matters in HAND. KUDOs for that!

I can relate to that, a little bit, in that I disliked my last name, as a kid.
I liked my first name, David. I dumped my last name and chose a new one.

BillRM wrote:
and just ended up with a very surface copy of a male body.
She probably believes that circumstance will do
until future technology can improve it.

David
0 Replies