Heat wave breaking.... wildfires starting.

Rockhead

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 12:26 pm
@shewolfnm,
are you getting pictures...?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 12 Sep, 2011 01:33 pm
@Mame,
My family's fine; people are understandably nervous about fires in general.

The smoke has definitely affected air quality. We have two with asthma, so we're trying to stay out of it as much as possible.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 04:47 pm
We've been noticing a hazy smoke in the air all day. I thought it was someone nearby burning leaves. It turns out that it's from the Minnesota wildfires.

Quote:
Smoke from a forest fire in northeastern Minnesota carried south by wind is entering Illinois, filling the sky over parts of northeastern of the state with a gray, smoggy haze.

"The whole sky is kind of a film of clouds over it," said Lake Villa resident Marie Braden, 49. "I had my windows open earlier, but had to close my windows. I just can't breathe with this." More
DrewDad

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 12:57 pm
@JPB,
ZOMG! Water falling from the sky right now!

I hope Bastrop gets some of this....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 01:59 pm
Still waiting, here.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 07:54 pm
All of Calabasas is now under mandatory evacuation. We're safe in Orange County. One thing I did not miss about living in CA.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 06:01 pm
We've seen some terrible fires down here in San Diego, but the city has learned to invest in good equipment, planes with fire retardant materials, more fire fighters. Also, when there is a "red flag" alert, fire engines are stationed in the inland areas already and any reports of a small fire, gets immediate attention and thus far, it can help to keep fires under control. Nonetheless, we're all vulnerable here in California - it's bone dry everywhere!
0 Replies