I DECLARE MYSELF KING OF THIS FORUM!

Dutchy

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:13 am
@Izzie,
Thank you Izzie, you're on of my dearest followers, pecks you on the cheek. Smile
Izzie

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:28 am
@Dutchy,
Your welcome my Liege... I seek only to serve under your beakitude.

<preens feathers a little longer Wink>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:52 am
@msolga,
Hamilton, if my response seems rather mean to you ...

I find myself wondering why you are posting topics like this right now (having checked the Vancouver school year timetable).

I would have imagined (as a teacher) that you would be extremely busy right now, in a new school.
I would also imagine that you'd also be very preoccupied with making new friends (of your own age) right now, too.

Which subjects are you studying this year, BTW?
At what level?

I don't know .... I read your thread & Gracie's multiple threads (posted within school hours & out) ... and I find myself wondering ......

Why are you both spending so much online time with what my students would consider "old people"?

I've worked with adolescents for many, many years & I honestly don't think most of them would consider me some completely out of touch old grouch.

But ... most of my students would spend most of their online time with people of their own age.
That is not to say that "old" people don't have significant insights to make to their lives. I have contributed ( I really hope) in that regard.
But that has been on a person to person level. In"real life".

But could I ask you if you are posting similar posts (to those you've posted here) on more "youth oriented" sites?

MMarciano

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 05:02 am
@msolga,
I was thinking the same thing! Where in the world do they find the time?
msolga

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 05:05 am
@MMarciano,
...or the motivation?

As young people genuinely of that age?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 05:09 am
someone smell ham?
msolga

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 05:17 am
@Ragman,
Could you explain what you mean by that, ragman?

I'm sorry, but but I honestly don't understand.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 06:03 am
@Ragman,
I understand what you were asking now ....sorry it took so long to figure out what you were getting at.

Yes, there's a definite smell of ham ... for me, anyway.
jespah

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 06:38 am
I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords.

Oops, I've said too much already.

{runs}
msolga

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 06:53 am
@jespah,
Not at all, jespah

Anything goes at A2K these days, is that what you're saying?

JPB

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 07:00 am
Hamilton,

I missed some of your earliest posts. Are you a firstborn? Only firstborns get to be King - unless they knock off all their older siblings, that is. And, if you ARE a firstborn then that explains everything. Smile
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 07:32 am
@hamilton,
Shall I propose a coat of arms?

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Jobs_and_People/Royalty/King_bird.gif
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 08:14 am
@msolga,
Hi msolga! Smile

Im on sites with people my own age kinda. Most of my friends are a little older but yeah. I have a myspace (I don't get on it so it's probably expired or something. Haha!) I have a Facebook, I'm on it everyday but I mostly just IM my friends and comment on pics and play games. I use to have a Twitter but my dad made me delete it because he's a butthole. I use to have a bebo and IMVU too but I dont get on those anymore either. I get bored with stuff quick.

I'm not too busy with school. We have IS (Independent Study) at my school right before lunch for 45mins so I usually get all my homework and crap done there so that I don't have to do much at home. Schools boring and most of my teachers are really into lectures and I sit toward the back in most classes so I'm constantly on my iPod textin or on the Internet Haha! I just hope I don't get caught. That's a instant detention.

I don't posts the same stuff on Facebook and stuff because some of the stuff I post here are advice stuff or personal stuff that alot of my friends don't know about. I like being on able2know even though there aren't many other kids here. You guys are fun too. But yeah. I first joined a2k for advice about why moms get depressed and stuff about my dad. I didn't plan to stick around. Haha! Mr. Green Very Happy

I'm actually in Homeroom now. I'm gonna stop getting on my iPod in class. Well, I'll try atleast. Lol Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile

Oh! And what ham? I don't get it. Inside joke?
Bye Bye!! Very Happy

0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 08:27 am
@wmwcjr,
How doth I offend? If I could, I'd delete my post. Sheesh!
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 08:36 am
@wmwcjr,
What are you talking about Mr. W?
wmwcjr

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 08:53 am
@GracieGirl,
Good morning, Gracie! Smile

Someone gave me a "thumbs down" for my post above in which I proposed a coat of arms, which is the animated image of the King Bird turning to the left and right over and over again. I didn't think I'd offend anyone by posting that image. Certainly wasn't intended to be at hamilton's or Dutchy's expense.

I'm mystified, but I'm also thin-skinned. I should have kept my mouth shut (or not touched the keyboard of my wife's PC, rather).

Gotta go. I've got a workout session scheduled with my personal trainer at the local health club. Hope school goes well with you today.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 11:40 am
@msolga,
In fairness to Hamlet, the Vancouver schools haven't started the new session yet. The Canadian Vancouver is scheduled for the 6th, the Washington Vancouver is to begin the following day (that's if the Internet data is true).
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 11:46 am
Yeah! School started yesterday, but were almost always the first in the country.
We've got a queen, she doesn't do much but cost us money. I suppose one day young William will be our King. He won't do much either but cost us money.
Can I opt out of the monarchy?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 01:17 pm
@msolga,
No, she said she welcomes the alien overlords.
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2011 04:33 pm
@jespah,
yes; I am come...