Palestinian Solidarity Campaign disrupts Israeli Concert. Yeah!!!

BDV

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 07:59 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
i know my history of ireland very well, allot better than you, just because the truth doesn't fit into your narrow minded idealism doesn't make it fact... BTW being from dallas hardly qualifies u as an expert. Come to Ireland and we will teach you the correct information.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 9 Sep, 2011 10:15 pm
@BDV,
Oh good Lord, another poster who is unable to recognize sarcasm.

(I guess I need to more often resort to emoticons)

You can be forgiven for not knowing the storied enmity between Satanta and me.

I'm not questioning your knowledge, I was mocking Setanta.

Peace bro'
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 03:03 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Oh good Lord, another poster who is unable to recognize sarcasm.

That's because sarcasm is a feature of spoken English. I'm really surprised that people aren't picking up on your use of irony, because you're normally such a clever articulate chap.
Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 04:31 am
@izzythepush,
That was a complete waste of wit.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 04:53 am
@Setanta,
I dunno, you got it.
Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 05:12 am
@izzythepush,
However, i suspect your interlocutor didn't. Now, however, the nickel may drop for him, and we'll get some snide drivel suggesting that he understood all along.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 06:42 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
but I call Jews a solitary people.

And yet again, you are wrong. There are Jews all over the world.

But many remain solitary in their social habits.

There are Jews all over the world, because it is just a religion, and history forced them to go to different countries to survive. That does not detract from my believing they are a solitary people, especially those in Israel that do want to live in a setting that is predominantly Jewish.

0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 06:58 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Once again, you don't address the subjects of the post to which you respond--you go off into another flight of ludicrous Foofie fantasy.

Everyone in the west has "a dog in this hunt." Israel is not a place off somewhere in a void, it is at the crossroads of petroleum production for Europe and the United States. Once again, you attempt to frame this in terms of us and them, suggesting that what Jews do is no one else's business. It would pathetically hilarious how stupid and irrelevant your contention about Jews just wanting to live by themselves and be left in peace is, were it not for the tens of thousands, indeed, the hundreds of thousands, of Palestinians, Jordanians, Lebanese, Syrians and Egyptians--and i refer only to the non-combatants--who have been slaughtered in Israel's imperialistic wars. If Jews had just wanted to live in peace by themselves, why did they settle in Palestine?

I brand you--you in particular--racist. I'm not talking about all Jews, and you are not competent to speak for all Jews. You call me by a racist eptithet while pissing and moaning about how Jews have been treated for two thousand years and accusing everyone else of racism. I'm not responsible for that, and i'd not give a rat's ass what Jews did were it not for the profound and deleterious affect the stupidity, venality and greed of successive Israeli (Israeli, not Jewish) governments. No matter how Jews were treated for two thousand years, that is no justification for the slaughter of Palestinians, Jordanians, Syrians, Lebanese and Egyptian non-combatant men, women and children--which seems to be the preferred outdoor sport of the Zionists.

You don't speak for all Jews, so you can jump up and down ranting on your soapbox all day, and you remain a racist irrelevancy.

I never called you by a "racist epithet"?

You seem to want to start Israel history in 1967, or 1948, to show the problems that Israelis have caused for their neighbors. And, you blame Jews for being there? Israel became a state because the survivors of the Holocaust could not go home to their lands of origins. Many of the Poles and others did not want them back.

So, did the Jews create the hostility in 1948 so Arab armies attacked? Or, the other wars with Arab armies bent on the destruction of Israel.

Sorry, in my opinion, the situation in Israel is a direct consequence of the Holocaust which was also a direct consequence of two-millenia of church sponsored anti-Semitism. Now, in the agnostic 21st century you think the Israelis should just forget and go elsewhere, or believe that they can be safe in a pluralistic state?

You also, in my opinion, flippantly disenfranchise the 60 million Christian Zionists in the U.S., and others elsewhere, from their needing Israel to continue to exist as a Zionist state, based on their faith's theology. I understand that you have posted your lack of following your childhood religious teachings; however, I do find people from a Catholic background often showing an attitude that the world would be better off with assimilated Jews (aka, no Jews). That is just my opinion, since I have noticed that so many people of a Catholic background seem to find it very hard to commiserate with the Jewish awareness of almost being exterminated in WWII, and how that has resulted in a desire for a Jewish state.

Since I am aware that one of the negative stereotypes of Jews is that they "take over," I find the willingness of so many non Born Again people to disenfranchise the 60 million Evangelicals from a tenet of their faith, as "taking over," considering Israel is not their country, and neither is any other part of the Middle East. It only corroborates my belief that many Gentiles do not see that their negative stereotypes about Jews is just their projecting (reaction formation) of their own traits onto "the Jews."

Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:02 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Foofie wrote:
So the Celts were not ruling much of western Europe for 300 years, prior to being pushed into Hibernia?

That's right, that's not true--it doesn't even bear a distant resemblence to the truth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celts#Continental_Celts
Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

JTT wrote:

Quote:
but I call Jews a solitary people.

And yet again, you are wrong. There are Jews all over the world.

This is another example of Foofie acting as self appointed spokesmen for the diaspora. Most Jewish people I've met have been very sociable, great company and a good laugh.

But, the one's you have not met are the one's that might be solitary, in that they socialize with only Jews.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:11 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You also seem to be suggesting that Gentiles who defend Israel are not very different from those who criticize it as both are equally motivated by a overwhelming urge to stick their noses in the business of Jews.

I would not want to disenfranchise anyone from not being concerned about Israel as a Jewish State, when that concern reflects their vested interest in the Zionist State. So, by that definition, Christian Zionists (aka, Evangelicals/Born Agains) have every ethical and moral right to show concern about Israel, and comment ad infinitum. However, the other Christian Gentiles, or Humanist Gentiles should, in my opinion, stop their obtrusive behavior towards a sovereign country that they have no vested interest in from their respective belief system (other than the humanist belief that we should all live together as one human ant hill).
Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:11 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Are you asking or telling? Apart from this thread, you've made any number of vile racist remarks about the Irish to me in the past. That, however, is not the significance of my remark. You continually make a false distinction between Jews and those who are not Jews, and used such a term to refer to me. It's racist in it's use and it's intent.

You are so ******* clueless, it's incredible. I went back as far as 1919 for Zionist imperialistic ambitions, and went no further back simply because i had no certain sources to link for it. Israel became a state because Zionists were already there, already pushing Palestinians off their land, even before Hitler and the NSDAP came along.

Your historical fantasies have no foundation in fact. Your obsessive attempts to wrap yourself in the guilt flag of the holocaust are not relevant, because they don't bear on the issue of Zionist ambitions to carve a nation out of Palestine long before Hitler and the NSDAP came to power--and i have shown that with a source at the Jewish Virtual Library, a source which not only cannot be labeled anti-semitic, but which cannot even be alleged to be anti-Israeli.

You ignore that entirely. You will continue to ignore because it contradicts you silly, ignorant fairy tale castle of historical fantasy. You continue to display your racism and you continue to demonstrate that you know nothing about history in general, nor even about the history of the middle east in particular. Walter, by the way, posted evidence of Zionist expansionist ambitions dating back to 1901. The first world war wasn't even on the horizon then.

I am looking a far greater range of the history of the region than you are, leaving aside that history and fairy tale are indistinguishable in your world. I haven't blamed Jews for anything. I have consistently blamed successive Israeli governments for the nightmare there, and not because they are Jews, but because they are Zionists. Given your racist hysteria, i would be at pains to once more point out that not all Jews are axiomatically Zionists, and that not all Jews, or Israelis axiomatically support the policies of the successive Israeli governments.

Stop lying about what i post.
Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:12 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Well, and it's as absurd as suggesting that all people of Germanic descent are identical--there are Kelts and there are Kelts, and then there are Kelts.

Not identical, just big boned.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:13 am
@Foofie,

And? Did you really read and understand what that wiki-article says?
Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:19 am
@Foofie,
Your link demonstrates that Kelts occupied western and central Europe for thousands of years, not 300 years. Your link nowhere demonstrates that Kelts "ruled" western Europe at any time. Your appalling ignorance is truly on display here. Caesar was able to knock off the Kelts in Gaul precisely because they had no concept of a centralized government, and because even individual tribes has no leaders with any authority which they could exercise on any but a temporary and restricted basis. Even when Caesar had surrounded Vercingetorix at Alesia, not all of the Keltic tribes came to attempt his rescue, and not even all of the members of his tribe, the Arverni, joined him in fighting the Romans.

Your link doesn't in any way authorize a claim that the Romans "drove" the Kelts into "Hibernia." There never was an Hibernia, other than in the Roman imagination, and the Romans not only didn't drive the Kelts from western Europe, nor attempt to do so, they employed them as the heavy infantry of their legions for literally centuries.

You are a marvelous example of the dictum that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. In your case, you must be really dangerous, because your historical knowledge is very tiny.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:28 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Foofie wrote:

Are you asking or telling? Apart from this thread, you've made any number of vile racist remarks about the Irish to me in the past.

I never called you by a racist epithet. I might have talked about the Irish in a less that positive tone; however, history tells us that they have not always been lace curtain. You have read Studs Lonigan the Trilogy, by James T. Farrell? Well back in 1920's Chicago, the Irish were still referred to as the Wild Irish.

Now that's not calling you anything. I am just pointing out that the Irish have a reputation to live down, just like Jews have the reputation of Fagin to live down. But it is not personal.

For all I know you are much like anyone invited to the Queen's Teas. However, if I have reticence towards people of Catholic backgrounds, especially the ethnic types (Irish, Polish, Italian), it might just be that my observations of these people has often resulted in my thinking they have little desire to commiserate with the feeling of Jews regarding almost being exterminated in WWII. Like the comments I have heard that the one good thing the Nazis did was get rid of the Jews. So, my attitude reflects that a goodly number of Catholic ethnics seem to subscribe to a popular culture that in the past demonized Jews, and today sort of thinks of them as an archaic people, best left to be obsolete at some point.

Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:29 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

And? Did you really read and understand what that wiki-article says?

In my opinion, a cute innuendo to imply my lack of intelligence.
Setanta

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:43 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
I never called you by a racist epithet.

Foofie wrote:
Like I said, Goyisha kopf.

That was the second time you have referred to me with that term in this thread. It is a racist epithet.

Quote:
The title means “gentile head” in Yiddish. When uttered by a Jew, it usually implies “stupid.” As in, to have a goyishe kop is to be stupid, or, at best, ignorant.

Source

The comments you have made about the Irish have been insulting, and marvelous displays of your historical ignorance. The Irish have nothing to "live down," no more than do the Jews. This is just another example of your ignorance and your racism. You are a truly disgusting individual.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 07:55 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

In my opinion, a cute innuendo to imply my lack of intelligence.

Well, if that's what you think.

I just want to point at the fact that certainly the Celtic tribes ruled over largest parts of (Western) Europe, but neither during 300 years nor as a 'unity'.

And what you wrote about Hibernia and the Celts, well, it really seems again that the didn't read what you linked.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 11:17 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Jews have the reputation of Fagin to live down.

You're the one who keeps on going on about Fagin, whilst at the same time indulging in racial stereotyping. I'm Rex Harrison , Setanta is Jimmy Cagney and Walter enjoys torchlight parades. BTW the English working classes don't exactly get off scot free in Oliver Twist, Bill Sykes is a much greater villain than Fagin.

Quote:
For all I know you are much like anyone invited to the Queen's Teas.

What the **** are the Queen's Teas?