reasoning logic

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 05:37 pm
Christians arresting Christians?

0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 05:03 pm
@Cyracuz,
I wonder what texts could really be catastrophic to Christianity? What don't we already know?
Cyracuz

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 07:42 am
@Ashers,
Not to Christianity, to the church.
If some texts about Jesus existed that would undermine their authority, their monopoly on salvation, they would make hell on earth to keep them from the public. At least, that's how they used to do things. Today misinformation or just drowning people in information serves just as well.
Ashers

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 01:59 pm
@Cyracuz,
Yes I was just thinking about the group dynamic and two-way relationship of the church-congregation, in which both have a lot invested. It's hard to imagine any text or idea (practically speaking) that would cause such a relationship to unravel. I don't know, it seems like kind of an in/out scenario for acceptance of church authority in social life, you either do or you don't and that choice affects everything in one total, complete fashion. Such a comparison is hardly specific just to Christianity/church of course. Or another way of saying this might be that an idea is only as bright as the mind attuned to it. How "internal" doubt might affect groups on a larger scale is very interesting though or how accepted canon can develop in history. Maybe it's some wider force that is applied to the group totally etc.
0 Replies

kYRANI

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2011 09:31 am
@Cyracuz,
I agree that people can be drowned in information and that is why we need a further reformation. Reading the texts is not good enough. And in any case we have nothing reliable. All of Matthew, Mark Luke and John are not orriginals. They are "the gospel according to" in every case, so who are the authors here and did they make alterations to the orginals. Why don't we have originals? As for the Acts and the other books most of sthem (90%) were written by Paul who was a bounty hunter of Christians and participated in the murder of thousands. How can we trust anything he says? There is only one way to find the truth and that is that each person needs to look within and find that "peace that passes all understanding", that is the gateway to the spiritual realm and it is within every humane person's abiity to find it, save that they desire to do so. Once you know the truth for yourself no masses of information from science and religious organizations, government or anyone else can overwhelm you any more.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Thu 3 Nov, 2011 03:08 am
@kYRANI,
I agree also that people can be drowned with information and also believe in finding and obtaining peace by looking inward, but ALSO looking UPWARD...

but also, no they may or may not be the original authors, but in a way they were either way and it doesn't really matter...according to Christian Scripture, if one has the Holy Spirit in them, then when they speak, it is God in them speaking....So to me Matthew, Mark, Luke, And John whether wrighting the text or commanding a scribe to write the text...it was fulfilled because if it were wrong then it would have been rewritten like the Bible explains in Revelations....to the point of where it's saying...I (Jesus) verify the words and that they (Prophets, Prophetess, Apostle) etc...write, and if it is WRONG, it will be corrected...by the power of I (God) alone....as far as people saying Paul being a murderer so he's not credible, doesn't hold water to me...it's not what Paul did in the beginning of his life that made him one of God's people, that is CLEAR to see, but it is what he did with his life, AFTER he was spiritualy Baptized, and when "he" (Paul) "devoted" his life to God, and obeyed God, that rendered him an Apostle, and one with spirit...because think about it, from your perspective, not going to the extremes of the act of murder, but rather how we all do evil acts at times in our lives....what you post hits home to me and I can make connections with your posts...but you claimed yourself your not an evil person...which I believe, but at times by defintion you probably are or doing somewhat evil acts...and again, I see your reflection and see light, so therefor, I am listening and making connections with you...if you use the commit bad acts so NO CHANCE at redemption...anyway you boil it down none except Jesus and Mary, (if you even believe that) are worthy for ANY kind of life in ANOTHER realm...and I am not personally challenging you, (as I have stated, I see your light, and can connect with you) but on a smaller scale, tell me how your totally away from evil ALL the time? and how then if I were to extract your life even to the facts of splitting the hairs on your head how you would either (be worthy or some type of punishment for certain acts) by your definition (unless you feel people are forgiven of acts, which you claim certain people are not, and have ZERO chance) or how you doing bad acts from time to time, and labeling yourself as not an evil person on the whole (with which I agree) shows that your understandings, are either wrong, or they themselves need to be reformed? to the point, that it is possible for even extremely evil people to have a chance, or else there really is noway of describing why "they" (evil ones) even exist...(especially, if you except some form of afterlife, and most definitaly if you accept SOME form of God)
kYRANI

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2011 07:04 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
There is a huge difference between what was termed "amartia" or sin in the original Greek and what was a transgression. A sin can be called bad but it is essentially about "missing the mark", which is what the Greek word means. And yes this might be because we don't see the bigger picture, the one that takes in the other person when we do some act that is bad or unethical. However a transgression is a deliberate unethical act and done in the full knowledge of the "big picture". The question is what is evil?
I was told in a variety of way by different "evil" or what I call toxic people what was meant by "being evil". So from those remarks and my own observances I have arrived at the following definition:-
Being evil means gaining a "rush of pleasure", much like an adrenaline rush, from doing harm, and most commonly this is doing harm to an innocent person, ie someone uninvolved with and a stranger to the offender(s)/ evil person(s). And by innocent I mean someone who has not done anything harmful or offensive to the offenders/evil persons. And such harm as is done to the other person is done:-
1. either through passive participation (such as desiring to see harm done and/or benefiting from the harm done in some way), or
2. through active participation, which includes those calling forth for harm to be done, those aiding and abetting and those who do the actual harm.
In short evil is not just a bad or unethical action it necessarily carries a pleasure component with it and it is done in a systematic and ongoing fashion. Evil people are never simply potentially harmful, they are harmful every day of their lives. It's lifestyle. They call their foul play a game and they talk about scoring when they do harm or kill someone through excessive stress, eg heart attack.
I have done things from time to time that are bad actions but I am not evil because I do not do bad things for pleasure and I do not do bad things deliberately to harm someone else. Furthermore when I see I have done something bad I have remorse and look to not do it again, I learn from my actions and don't repeat them.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 03:18 pm
@kYRANI,
ky please check your in box for me... ty Wink Wink
0 Replies

voiceindarkness

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 10:54 pm
Revelation 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

I'll bet God and all of creation is looking forward to this.
Everyone is talking at once, but God is not saying a thing.
God has said all that needed to be said, His word passed through the darkness, to be revealed in the light.

Do you really think an event such as Jesus rising from death and ascending up to Heaven would have taken place 2,000 years ago with only a handful of witnesses?

God does nothing in secret. This event is yet to take place.
Jesus, the Messiah, King of Israel, died on Masada at 80 years old, and his bones were discovered there in 1964.

When God's two witnesses ascend to heaven, the whole world will see it. This includes Messiah The Prince, after this, will come the anti Christ, The Prince of Darkness.
voiceindarkness

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:31 am
@voiceindarkness,
The world is full of constant debates, and those who claim to be representatives of the Kingdom of God.
You hear constant debates about God, and his existence
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:04 pm
@voiceindarkness,
And what exactly are you answering in your 2 above posts about the original thread questions? rather, than professing who you "think" you are, on here, and your versions....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 9 Jan, 2012 05:08 pm
@voiceindarkness,
Quote:
Do you really think an event such as Jesus rising from death and ascending up to Heaven would have taken place 2,000 years ago with only a handful of witnesses?

In the first coming? Yes, that was the way to prove he is coming back again....

Quote:
Jesus, the Messiah, King of Israel, died on Masada at 80 years old, and his bones were discovered there in 1964.

This is your version, in which when directly asked to explain how this is so, You beat around the Burning Bush, to quote you!

Quote:
When God's two witnesses ascend to heaven, the whole world will see it. This includes Messiah The Prince, after this, will come the anti Christ, The Prince of Darkness.

Correct, but this does not follow from your former 2 positions listed above...
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 02:07 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
And what exactly are you answering in your 2 above posts about the original thread questions? rather, than professing who you "think" you are, on here, and your versions....
There is, "No God in Christianity".

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

In the first coming? Yes, that was the way to prove he is coming back again....
How is being told this happened 2,000 years ago, and only a handful of his followers witnessed it, proving anything?

Quote:
Quote:

This is your version, in which when directly asked to explain how this is so, You beat around the Burning Bush, to quote you!
I can fully explain it, but I don't feel like writing a book.
As I said before, Google...(The Jesus scroll: Donovan Joyce). I'll look up some scriptures and give them to you later, on how Jesus cheated death on the cross. It'll be a little work on my part, so open your mind a little when you read it, and don't just come back with a smart ass remark. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Quote:

How does it not?
Revelation 11...
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
(This is where Messiah the Prince is killed, And after three days and an half, rises and ascends up to heaven, and the whole world shall witness it.)
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 05:59 am
@voiceindarkness,
This...

Quote:
Revelation 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

God has said all that needed to be said, His word passed through the darkness, to be revealed in the light.

Does not answer if there is a God or not in Christianity...

It says you "think" it has yet to happen, that's all

Quote:
How is being told this happened 2,000 years ago, and only a handful of his followers witnessed it, proving anything?

How is telling people your the Messiah, with which very few will be saved Prove your the Messiah??

But to answer your questions, It shows "faith", the very thing that determines if your saved or not...Think about it, only a few saw it, and now billions embrace...So if it happened your way, it destroys the notion of "faith" itself... If it was not told 2000 years ago, why do you believe billions believe in Christ today??? Is it because of your actions, and your scripture this happened??

Quote:
As I said before, Google...(The Jesus scroll: Donovan Joyce). I'll look up some scriptures and give them to you later, on how Jesus cheated death on the cross. It'll be a little work on my part, so open your mind a little when you read it, and don't just come back with a smart ass remark.

Honestly, I am not even interested in it now, so save your time....If Jesus cheated death, than he is not a Messiah to anyone...it destroys the whole Idea of him being a Messiah, and just another man with a gift....plain and simple, he would have been a man who only was a Prophet like many say, including (I think some Buddhists, and Islamic, and other various people and religions etc...)

Quote:

Quote:
How does it not?
Revelation 11...
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
(This is where Messiah the Prince is killed, And after three days and an half, rises and ascends up to heaven, and the whole world shall witness it.)

It doesn't because you have your own scriptures or Ideas as to how Jesus died, and who he actually was, and is...apposed to what people know and are taught...And you use your own scripture at times, (like above, about the whole Jesus cheating death and dying at the age of 80, about how the Messiah Prince will be killed...in which it is the 2 Prophets who will be killed, Jesus will not be killed, he already was, and that is why people know him today, and why he is already considered by billions to be just that, the Messiah...) but then now, you listen and embrace what the Christian Bible says in quoting revelations, and the 2 witnesses in the end times...You listen at times, and reject and follow your own scriptures in saying in one breath, The Bible is right at points but wrong on others....

So either, you believe Christians are wrong for following false doctrines...Which is completely insane, for a supposed Messiah to say, For they preach, and obey, and follow to embrace (for the sake of argument, you!) Or you believe your scripture is exactly correct, in which I have said, and will say again, not many at all will be saved...For not many know your scriptures, and even many who follow Christianity, like myself, don't believe you! Why would you as (for argument sake) the Messiah chose this path???

I quoted the passage of Jesus came to save not condemn...I think it is John 3:17....But by your version...you embrace the passage of God came not to send piece but a sword....So if both passages are correct, then the Christian Bible is correct, that this time is not upon us now, for the Holy will be taken away before the tormenting of the 2 witnesses...for argument sake (you, and your wife)

But that is not what you claim, in embracing your own scriptures, your saying your here, and I guess tormenting the world., at your very command...(which you can also explain how your doing so if you would like to) and that billions who are here now are doomed...based on both your scripture, and the Christian Bible....So that does not seem to me like something the Messiah would do if the goal is to be saved...
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 03:16 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Quote:
This...

Quote:

Does not answer if there is a God or not in Christianity...

It says you "think" it has yet to happen, that's all
No, I'm telling you what I know to be true, straight up. Cool

Quote:
Quote:

How is telling people your the Messiah, with which very few will be saved Prove your the Messiah??

But to answer your questions, It shows "faith", the very thing that determines if your saved or not...Think about it, only a few saw it, and now billions embrace...So if it happened your way, it destroys the notion of "faith" itself... If it was not told 2000 years ago, why do you believe billions believe in Christ today??? Is it because of your actions, and your scripture this happened??
Your tripin all over yourself. Rolling Eyes
It,s just faith in the words of Christians, and their religion, which evolved out of the minds of men. Wink
God is not establishing a religion, or a church, He is establishing a Kingdom of Kingdoms, as Lord of Lords, and King of Kings, infinite in number, as the sand of the sea, and as the stars of heaven, the children God promised Abraham. Very Happy
Quote:

Quote:
As I said before, Google...(The Jesus scroll: Donovan Joyce). I'll look up some scriptures and give them to you later, on how Jesus cheated death on the cross. It'll be a little work on my part, so open your mind a little when you read it, and don't just come back with a smart ass remark.

Honestly, I am not even interested in it now, so save your time....If Jesus cheated death, than he is not a Messiah to anyone...it destroys the whole Idea of him being a Messiah, and just another man with a gift....plain and simple, he would have been a man who only was a Prophet like many say, including (I think some Buddhists, and Islamic, and other various people and religions etc...)
Do you know what Messiah means? Confused It means King. Neutral Jesus was the last rightful King of Israel, but Israel had never repented, just ask John, the baptizer unto repentance. He couldn't baptize all of Israel, so God's covenant with Israel was broken.
He gave a new commandment, that you would love one another, look around that didn't fly ether. Rolling Eyes
He is about to confirm the covenant of obedience to the command of Love, Love your brother. For as he said, whatsoever you do to the least of these in the Kingdom, you have done it unto me. Cool God, who is Love, is hidden in the heart of his children. Very Happy

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
How does it not?
Revelation 11...

It doesn't because you have your own scriptures or Ideas as to how Jesus died, and who he actually was, and is...apposed to what people know and are taught...And you use your own scripture at times, (like above, about the whole Jesus cheating death and dying at the age of 80, about how the Messiah Prince will be killed...in which it is the 2 Prophets who will be killed, Jesus will not be killed, he already was, and that is why people know him today, and why he is already considered by billions to be just that, the Messiah...) but then now, you listen and embrace what the Christian Bible says in quoting revelations, and the 2 witnesses in the end times...You listen at times, and reject and follow your own scriptures in saying in one breath, The Bible is right at points but wrong on others....

So either, you believe Christians are wrong for following false doctrines...Which is completely insane, for a supposed Messiah to say, For they preach, and obey, and follow to embrace (for the sake of argument, you!) Or you believe your scripture is exactly correct, in which I have said, and will say again, not many at all will be saved...For not many know your scriptures, and even many who follow Christianity, like myself, don't believe you! Why would you as (for argument sake) the Messiah chose this path???
Blah, blah, blah, and the beat goes on. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
I quoted the passage of Jesus came to save not condemn...I think it is John 3:17....But by your version...you embrace the passage of God came not to send piece but a sword....So if both passages are correct, then the Christian Bible is correct, that this time is not upon us now, for the Holy will be taken away before the tormenting of the 2 witnesses...for argument sake (you, and your wife)
The Holy are yet to be revealed, Wink by the Holy Ghost within, Cool which will shine the light in the darkness. Laughing This will piss the devil off Evil or Very Mad as he is cast out of heaven, Shocked and the temple is cleansed. Cool

Quote:
But that is not what you claim, in embracing your own scriptures, your saying your here, and I guess tormenting the world., at your very command...(which you can also explain how your doing so if you would like to) and that billions who are here now are doomed...based on both your scripture, and the Christian Bible....So that does not seem to me like something the Messiah would do if the goal is to be saved...
Confused All who will hear me, will see me, and become like him, for they will see him as he is. Cool
Will will torment the whole earth, with the truth, they can't handle the truth. Laughing
izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 04:03 pm
@voiceindarkness,
Quote:
Blah, blah, blah, and the beat goes on.

How very holy of you.
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 04:09 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
that this time is not upon us now, for the Holy will be taken away before the tormenting of the 2 witnesses...for argument sake (you, and your wife)
The reapers come when the earth is ripe. Rolling Eyes wheat will be harvested, tares will be burned, Grapes will be crushed. Cool The barley harvest was the first fruit. Smile

Revelation Chapter 14
1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 04:10 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Quote:
Quote:
Blah, blah, blah, and the beat goes on.

How very holy of you.
Righteous. Wink Drums keep pounding rhythms to the brain, laudy daudy dee, laudy daudy die, and the beat goes on. Cool Are you too young to know Cher? Laughing
voiceindarkness

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 04:33 pm
@voiceindarkness,
laudy? lawdy? I'm not sure, lordy? Confused You know? The Sher song...
Aw, never mind. Neutral
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 07:42 pm
@voiceindarkness,
that this time is not upon us now, for the Holy will be taken away before the tormenting of the 2 witnesses...for argument sake (you, and your wife)

Quote:
The reapers come when the earth is ripe. Rolling Eyes wheat will be harvested, tares will be burned, Grapes will be crushed. Cool The barley harvest was the first fruit.

Revelation Chapter 14.........

So the world is going to end in 3.5 years to you?? why are billions still left on earth who embrace Jesus Christ, then?? Again you have advertly dodged my question(s) as to how you are the 2 witnesses, and how your tormenting the world with truth?? and have quoted scripture...

And in any event this,

Quote:
The reapers come when the earth is ripe. Rolling Eyes wheat will be harvested, tares will be burned, Grapes will be crushed. Cool The barley harvest was the first fruit.

Does not seem like you will be tormenting the world with words, and be hated so much that your killed for it...

But you could answer my questions if you would like to...without dodging them directly....