qwon?

Nancy88

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 09:25 pm
The Z4—rescued from its stylistic weirdness two years ago with a much-needed redesign—is a hugely entertaining car, a silver-footed roadster with surprising amounts of grip, balance and responsiveness, all plugged into the driver's intuition by BMW's familiar patch cords. Actually, the Z4 seems to reclaim a measure of BMW's ultimate-driving qwon. The Z4 seems to reclaim a measure of BMW's ultimate-driving qwon. The company's sedans seem to be getting heavier and less involving.

This is an excerpt from the Pulitzer winner Dan Neil's article about BMW Z4, what's the meaning of the word qwon and the sentence.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 940 • Replies: 6
No top replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 09:43 pm
Not a word in English. I'd suspect a typo.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:20 pm
@MontereyJack,
I thought that also. But it can't be typo twice, can it?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 09:13 am
Does it have anything to do with quarter mile acceleration?

It's a nice-sounding word, if fact, Nissan is releasing a vehicle called Quon soon.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 11:16 am
I think it is a mis-spelling of kwon, a term from rap music which is a Swahili word meaning roughly "the quality of being the greatest one". Swahili is spoken in much of East Africa, and many African-language words pass first to black US culture, and then by a kind of osmosis into the vocabularies of white journalists who want to sound hip. Compare "juju" "mojo", etc.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 30 Aug, 2011 12:14 pm
Quote:
poondong qwon dong 4 up, 9 down

pussy! It is between the vertical lips of the woman genitalia.
where the poondong qwon dong at, i thought this was an orgy.

Dirty man talk - equivalent to sex with woman.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poondong%20qwon%20dong
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 31 Aug, 2011 05:17 am
Jesus Christ, Talk, what an idiot you are. Did you read that in context before you ran off to find a dirty word? You're like a little boy giggling on the schoolyard.
0 Replies