TOMORROW! TOMORROW! A MOVE TO VANCOUVER, TOMORROW! ONLY A DAAAYYY AWAY!

hamilton

Wed 31 Aug, 2011 11:40 am
@izzythepush,
ok...
well, i dont know any other cities districts...
izzythepush

Wed 31 Aug, 2011 11:46 am
@hamilton,
Well, what about Southampton? You can say you live in Highfield,

http://www.crowninnhighfield.co.uk/Resources/crownfrontlge.jpg
Which is quite nice. Or Millbrook,
http://www.thurmanrye.co.uk/photos/69/75/697500.jpg
which isn't.
hamilton

Wed 31 Aug, 2011 11:49 am
@izzythepush,
well, I live in Southampton.
in a basement. a nice basement, though.
izzythepush

Wed 31 Aug, 2011 12:10 pm
@hamilton,
We don't have basements, he have cellars. I don't think a lot of houses in Southampton have cellars. You could live in a ground floor maisonette, if you like that basement feel.
hamilton

Wed 31 Aug, 2011 12:11 pm
@izzythepush,
i like the basement feel.
0 Replies

Ceili

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 04:55 am
Hamilton, I don't think Mame is trying to get too much info out of you. Vancouver is a huge city, as discussed before, it made up of many, many cities. Depending on where you are living, not precisely!!!! Mame, who no longer lives in Vancouver, but did for many years, could probably give you some good advice of where to go, what to see and how to get there. In the nicest possible way, of course.
For example, if you live downtown, you might want to steer clear of East Hastings, or at least the old Carnegie Library and area. Or don't go off route while hiking through Stanley Park or Grouse Mountain, but you must absolutely bike the Sea Wall in Stanley Park.
However, if you live in Port Moody. There is a great train, that will take you lickety split, into Van 5 times in the morning, and out 5 times at night... but you'll probably have to stand the entire trip.
I think I can speak for Mame and most of us here, we just want you to have a great time in a great city. But I do understand the trepidation. That being said. I'm glad you like your new digs.
Vancouver can be a dismal city when it rains, but when the sun shines, it's a jewel. Two years ago, I took the ferry to the island, and there were several killer whales swimming in Horseshoe Bay. It was a rare occurrence. They were hunting dolphins, who were also swimming about. It was thrilling, magical. Vancouver is full of those kind of things. Blue mountains, ocean and sky, framed in vibrant green and redwood, totem poles, and more concrete architecture than almost any city on earth and yet, it's stunning not drab.
It's also busy, big and beyond comprehension sometimes.
Mame

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 05:27 am
@Ceili,
absolutely, thanks ceili.

hamilton, you can always pm me and i can help you get around the city. I've lived all over the Lower Mainland, from Maple Ridge to West Vancouver, Coquitlam to North Van, Granville Street to Cambie... I spent my whole life there. But it's up to you.
hamilton

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 11:07 am
@Mame,
thanks mame. whenever i have questions about the city, I will.
I'm not scared to share what part of the city I'm in, it's just I'm scared my mom will find out that I did, (if i did) and probably make me leave this site. she was upset that i mentioned THE CITY that i'm in, and the name of the one i've left. i appreciate that you guys are mostly trustworthy, and that there has NOT been any known kidnappings or what ever through this site, but if i start to give what my PARENTS think is too much, then I probably wont be back until i have my own house and car, which wont be for a few years.
hamilton

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 11:09 am
@Ceili,
thanks Ceili, I appreciate this. I know you guys are just trying to help, but, well, yeah. It's all on the internet, so i cant exactly be too careful.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 11:20 am
@hamilton,
I think you're doing the right thing, listen to your parents. I'm afraid the cat's out the bag, we already know you live in the biggest bloody house in Vancouver.
hamilton

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 11:22 am
@izzythepush,
yup. i got lost on the way to the bathroom last night.
http://comedians.jokes.com/daniel-tosh/videos/daniel-tosh---mtv-cribs
izzythepush

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 11:24 am
@hamilton,
I do most nights, but then I realise I've spent the last half hour dreaming about looking for a toilet.
hamilton

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 11:25 am
@izzythepush,
lol.
0 Replies

panzade

Thu 1 Sep, 2011 05:22 pm
@Ceili,
A wonderful summation of the city's charms.
Even though I'm glad to be living in S Florida I still enjoy my visits to Van every year.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Sat 3 Sep, 2011 09:31 am
I hope your liking Vancouver Hami! Mr. Green
hamilton

Sat 3 Sep, 2011 04:01 pm
@GracieGirl,
thanks! so far, so good!
GracieGirl

Mon 12 Sep, 2011 09:15 pm
@hamilton,
Great! Im glad Hammie! Mr. Green
hamilton

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 08:46 pm
@GracieGirl,
thanks, Gracie. It means so much to have you guy's supporting me.
Well, it's been about three weeks, I think, so here's how it's been going.
Everyone is very nice. not as nice as Gracie, but still, very kind and understanding.
The air is cleaner, and that's something I notice every time I step out side of my basement I've been living in. It's nice taking walks along the sea wall, and my mom, who runs along it every now and then, see's otters playing often.
I've been seeing lots of very nice houses, cars, people, and the place is just overall nice. It's been a little cloudy, but that's expected. I miss home, of course, but still, I've made some new friends, and just texted someone from my old swim team about two hours ago, about a song i got stuck in her and every one elses head. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaIZ0mUJzr0)
GracieGirl

Wed 14 Sep, 2011 09:26 pm
@hamilton,
Aww! You're totally welcome Hammie! Mr. Green Very Happy Wink Mr. Green Im glad your liking it over in Vancouver! Sounds great and I bet its beautiful there! My grandparents moved to Ontario awhile back and I visit them every summer for about a month or so. I love Canada, my grandparents are Okay but Canada's awesome. Lol Im just terrified of flying. Laughing

But yeah, anyway That's great Hammie! And thanks for the compliment! Mr. Green

P.S. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song! You've definitely earned yourself some cool points! Laughing

My friends dont agree with me but I think these remixes are awesome too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBNObUU4xS0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6pnAeQr8cE&feature=related
0 Replies

AlliTiger

Fri 4 Jan, 2013 03:08 pm
Awesome! Good luck! Make sure you don't forget anything important. Wink
0 Replies