Medical Have Serve Case of Shingles ,Left side of Head.

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Mar, 2004 08:17 pm
To all who are reading this topic, Joe Harris and I became online buddies back on the abuzz forum. I think we both answered some question about whether we like cognac or not. (Both of us do.)

Joe, I am glad you are happy with your computer room now!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 04:18 am
Joe
I'm glad it's getting better for you and I hope that you will soon be free of it once and for all.
0 Replies

sodaspop

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 04:27 pm
shingles pain
I recently had shingles on the left side of my belly/back, classic pattern. I found that 2 ibuprofen (400mg total) in morning and 2 in evening relieved the PHN pain that remains under the skin, after the sores have healed. Worked for me.
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 08:35 pm
Sodaspop;

Thank you for answering my post...For the pass two months I have been taking VIOXX 5MG...A pill either in the morning or at night has helped me.

The main problem with this pill is that it works very slow. I had taken ten pills(Ten days) before my soreness area began to diminish.

Now I have a small area on the left rear side of my scalp. The doctor said in another month I should be o.k.

When you have Singles everything becomes months. The doc has never said.."In a couple of weeks."

Dont get discouraged for it takes time....You will be o.k.

Joe Harris

PS. I have had the Shingles now for over six months..
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 07:02 am
Re: Medical Have Serve Case of Shingles ,Left side of Head.
joe harris wrote:
During the late summer I lost my desire for all foods. I lost weight and became ill.I became very depressed and had alot of stress. I developed a case of "Shingles" on the left side of my head.The doctor gave me"Valtrex" 3 aday for a week.Soon the blisters were replaced with scabs and then they went away but for the past two months the left side of my head is very sore.
Have anyone of you out there had the same situation ? If so please write to me for I dont know what to do to take the soreness away. I have tried medicine,pills,E-Oil with jell Aova Vera.
Nothings seems to work.The doc said this condition can last for months.

Joe Harris

Very true! The herpetic pain can last for some time. There are meds out there for pain relief. Has your Doc Rxed any for you? If not ask him/her to do so.

There has to be a fairly large literature on this subject out there, as many AIDS patients also experience a similar type of pain. Try to do an extensive Google search on the subject, if you have the time.

Good Luck. Cool
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 07:05 am
canicallu wrote:
i have been sufering for years with on again off again case of shingles. It seems to affect me the most when i am pregnant. This is my fourth pregnancy and the first time they finally diagnosed me. Many doctors have looked at it and noone new what it was. Even though we now know what it is there is nothing they can do for me. I am pregnant. It itches so bad i cant stand it. And burns. Some how mine has some type of yeast on it. Like atheletes foot. therefore the itch.... I dont wish this on my worst enemy......
so my prayers are with you Joe, and I surely hope all is well

Oatmeal baths could help. Have you tried them?
The oatmeal bath is an OTC, available at you drugstore. Used for measles Tx too. Cool
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 08:17 am
Miller;

Thank you for coming on line. I have not tried the Oatmeal baths as yet. I will try the Oatmeal anduse it like a shampo.My VIOXX 50MG seems to be working. Thanks again.

Joe Harris
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 11:46 am
joe harris wrote:
Miller;

Thank you for coming on line. I have not tried the Oatmeal baths as yet. I will try the Oatmeal anduse it like a shampo.My VIOXX 50MG seems to be working. Thanks again.

Joe Harris

You're welcome, Joe. Cool
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 06:15 pm
Montana;

I have reread your post of Jan.16th, where you stated that your mother had Shingles but ,"She roughed it out ". How long did her Shingles last ? If my present medication does not stop my soreness I believe I will let nature take it's own course.

Joe Harris
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2004 11:20 pm
Joe
Sorry it took so long for me to respond. It was about 7 or 8 years ago, so it's hard for me to say. My mother is not one to complain, so I couldn't really tell you how long the pain actually lasted. She is sleeping right now, but I will ask her tomorrow and get back to you on that. It sounds to me like yours is much worse than hers was because of the area it's located in. My mother had it behind her shoulder, but I do know that it was sore for quite some time. I will get back to you.
The very best to you in healing ASAP.
0 Replies