What should I do??

Nienke

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 09:10 pm
I have a problem.
My boyfriend ,whom I love with whole my heart, has just declared that work and starting up his own business comes before me.
I got a bit angry with him today because he is away all day working, and when he finally has some time to see me, he is still working. He is always busy with his smartphone searching for clients he can help, but he doesn't have time for me anymore. He only listens half to what I'm saying and when he replies, he doesn't even look up from his phone. My grandma is in the hospital with heart complaints and he doesn't even ask how it is with her.
So I told him these things and he declared, that if he had to chose, he'd chose for the work. I'm afraid that he even choses work above himself.
Also he keeps saying things like this holiday we'll go on vacation, but those things never happen because at the last moment he desides he doesn't want to go anymore or something else comes up.
I'm kinda afraid to tell him these things. I'm usually not an easy talker and I don't easily tell my mind in a conversation, but he's always pushing me to just tell what I'm thinking, but if I tell him what annoys me, he just thinks I'm annoying
I just don't know what to do anymore. He sais that he expects me to break up with him, but I just don't want to lose him.
I could really use some advice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,165 • Replies: 7
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:16 am
He is starting up a business?

Try to understand what that means. You are asking for attention when he must give 150% of his attention to this startup.

I know it must be hurtful at this time, but try to get your needs filled elsewhere with family and friends.

If he is still acting like this in 6 months, write again.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 19 Sep, 2011 12:48 am
@PUNKEY,
I agree with Punkey.

The only way a business is successful is to put over 100% into it but he is a bit tackless, he could have explained to you how that works and that he'd love you to understand and support him, otherwise, do you think he is deliberately pushing you away, given he says he expects to leave and won't let you speak.

0 Replies

cuervo

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 12:48 am
@Nienke,
besides him what do you love i believe you are codependant and are counting on him to love you and if he loves you i believe that you think he must show/profess his love for you if he was to choose his work over you he would be choosing himself over you he believes you will leave him because he is already on this path and will not turn away from it but the true question is do you love him? if indeed you do then you would love him unselfishly and encourage him to persue his dream of running his company you too would want to skip out on vacations that would seem like a waste of valueable time time needed to move foward truth is when he finaly meets all his goals and turns to see that your still there he will surely value you as a true companion faithful and loving and will love you. my only other though is difficult to say but i think the truth is difficult to handle sometimes i think he is not paying attention to you because he may not feel the way you do about him and if you're out of the picture then he has more time to consentrate on his job at hand Then why is he with you in the first place you may ask Well thats easy men have emotional and physical needs that must be met having a girl friend is convienent. sorry if i offend you i feel for you because i too am a romantic like you who is stuck with some one who is not a romantic and you still have an opertunity to find some one that can treat you the way you want to be treated. Like the center of the universe!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 01:24 pm
Cuervo -

Here's some tools for making your posts more understandable.

Feel free to use them.

. . . . . ., , , , , ?? . . . . .
and
I A, W, (and other capital letters)
cuervo

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2011 11:51 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thank you. That is the fourth time it's been mentioned to me. I have a minimal amount of education. Never been much of a writer, but i didn't think this site would be full of fannatical english majors. I joined the Marines instead of going to college for this same reason I suck at writing. thanks for your advice I will consider it.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 03:00 am
@cuervo ,
Hey cuervo,

Quote:
Well thats easy men have emotional and physical needs that must be met having a girl friend is convienent. sorry if i offend you i feel for you because i too am a romantic like you who is stuck with some one who is not a romantic and you still have an opertunity to find some one that can treat you the way you want to be treated. Like the center of the universe!

Write from your heart, that's what's important...

In my experience, men definately have emotions, wish more women realised that.

I think with the OP the person has goals / dreams, much like you.. His is business yours is emotions.

My take is if you are not getting what you need, then you are not with the person you should be with..

Best wishes and you wrote well, from the heart , people who are "so active" on Forums sometimes get fed up with some things repeating I am sure Punkey didn't mean it the way you took it.....
cuervo

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 09:57 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you. I wasn't offended, Just truthful.
0 Replies