Help!

Nancy88

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 09:37 pm
Although the company in September will unveil a new generation 911 at the Frankfurt Motor Show, the Porsche 911 is the only sports car for which enthusiasts actually pine for the older, less evolved versions of the car. Reasons for this include the generations of gearheads who became imprinted like ducklings on the 911's of their youth, drivers seeking reflected glory (buying a 911 like the one Steve McQueen drove at the beginning of 'Le Mans'), and the fact that 'sports cars are sensual things, and the older cars are, well, more sensual,' said Mr. Neil.

Who can explain the above passage in simpleļ¼Œplain English...
I can fully understand the sentece -------- drivers seeking reflected glory (buying a 911 like the one Steve McQueen drove at the beginning of 'Le Mans'), and the fact that 'sports cars are sensual things, and the older cars are, well, more sensual,' said Mr. Neil.

Please help me explain the rest...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 538 • Replies: 1
No top replies

ryoung

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 09:53 pm
@Nancy88,
the Porsche 911 is the only sports car for which enthusiasts actually pine for the older, less evolved versions of the car. Reasons for this include the generations of gearheads who became imprinted like ducklings on the 911's of their youth,

What they are saying is the porshe groopies want the earlyer versions of the 911, that includes the gearheads (car nuts) that grew up with the older versions of the car.
0 Replies