Obunganomics: US loses its AAA credit rating

farmerman

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 02:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
Yes, I know. I really was being unfair to douche bags.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Ceili

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 02:46 pm

I think what you fail to understand is that... the majority of this debt is old and the spending habits of the US is as ingrained as the belief taxes are evil. Your entire system seems to be broken and this is not the fault of one man or party, this is the fault of the voters.
You vote to pay a pittance in taxes compared to the most of the other countries on either the A+++ or A++ list. You vote to spend more on wars, more on heathcare than any other country and for what? You vote in robber barons who make promises yet only protect their pocketbooks.
This is what gets me, this whole debacle from the housing bust to the debt crises has proven to the world, that although you say you are the leaders of the world, you rarely vote with that in mind. This debt thing could screw up a lot of economies - world wide.
And we have the mindless Obunganomic title of this thread to show a certain knuckle dragging part of the USA doesn't. *******. get. it. This is bigger than two party politics, it's proof positive the US is pretty fucked up and has been for a very long time. It's time for a paradigm shift and if congress needs the boot, hopefully the voters will figure it out. Otherwise, the dire predictions of high inflation and a perennially depressed economy wont be far off.
Ceili

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 04:48 pm
@gungasnake,
He didn't borrow the money alone, you helped. See that's how it works, you live in a country and you, yes you... have to accept this debt. You supported Bush and his wars, did you think you wouldn't have to pay for them? You support a shitty healthcare system that covers only the rich, who incidentally don't pay the taxes they should, but you vote for the candidates that help them keep their money. You should be proud of your choices.. No.
eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 06:45 pm
@gungasnake,
Gunk, you & that other piece of **** h2zero have got to be the two thickest bastards I've ever come across on the web.
Why don't you show your faces, afraid we'll see your big thick redneck heads. You pair of racist pricks.
**** for brains. You're the dregs of humanity.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-5DDed2p91K2KwXT__lSjwZN7hXPQMe85pX9-rj5Vr6OU6y5S-w
farmerman

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 07:09 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
I am waiting for the gunga dissection. Ill bet it will be full of all sorts of qualifiers that dont blame the Iraq war for any portion of the debt .

eurocelticyankee

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 07:23 pm
@farmerman,
You know FM, I really didn't want to get involved. There I was watching a movie,
happily minding my own business, but i took a glance at the computer during an
ad and what can i say, these two idiots grind my gears.
The most stupid one dimensional pair of dumb asses I've ever come across.
So probably against my better judgement I had to tell them such.
As for Ceili, that girl makes more sense in a sentence that the two idiots have in
every post they've ever made and the really funny thing is the pair of them are to
stupid to notice it. She'll make mincemeat of them.
The eternal amnesia concerning bush and his administration is always good for a
laugh too, if we don't talk about, it didn't happen, DUMB ASSES.

I'm going back to my movie.....
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 01:47 am
@gungasnake,
Rant... it was 5 sentences. loosely... Here's a rant.
Gunja. I'm writing this really slowly. Try to keep up. I'm not sure how we got onto 9/11 the CIA or the FBI... Janet Reno, chic coms, WHAT? WTF?
I have no idea what that diatribe was on about...?
Look. Simply.
The debt is like a snow ball, rolling down a really big mountain, gaining in speed and girth, eventually it becomes an avalanche.
The debt is accrued. - look it up.
It didn't happen over night, nor did it magically occur in the last three years.
Try to think beyond your little bubble, think globally. I don't give a **** about two party politics blather. I'm an observer. I don't have to live in the **** hole you want to create.
I'm telling you very simply the way you think is like nailing a spike through your foot. It's not getting you anywhere.
Basically taxes, as evil as you might think they are, are necessary. They pay for things like sewage, garbage, roads, bridges, education, policing, war - and god knows you've all got enough of that. Taxes pay for our way of life. If you traveled beyond what ever box your stuck in, you'd realize that even though your nation was built upon a tax revolt, the simple things in life can be easily over looked when the basics are so readily provided. However, they must be paid for. If you want soccer fields, libraries or the need to bring democracy to nations half a world away, so be it. But... Pay for it.
I've been to India. There are more millionaires than there are Canadians. Fairly easy to do, I guess, when you pay people peanuts, where life means nothing - unless you have money. You, tea party fools, are walking a plank, contributing to a decaying society.
Do the candidates you vote for stand for anything beyond local one issue party politics or do they know the first thing about finance, or perhaps.. the world beyond your neck of the woods? Are they capable of understanding the consequences of this down grading or do they think this will teach Obama a lesson? Do you understand the difference??? I think not. At least not according to the links above.
I'm telling you this is endemic. It's an American identity thang... You think the world should play by your playbook, but Gunja, it's messed up. It's not a Democrat thing or a Repulican thing, its the whole kit and caboodle. I'm saying, instead of marching off to war to buoy your economy, you should overhaul the whole system.
Politics shouldn't be about abortion or the church someone goes to, it should be about big ideas, you know, going forward. Promoting schools, ingenuity, proper planning i.e good infrastructure, enforced laws that protect big business from manhandling the environment. These are some of the things government should do, look out for the average joe. Not protect the rich. And while I appreciate the cherry picking job on the plus 10 million group... There are plenty more people between the 250,000 and the 10 mil ceiling who aren't paying anywhere near the equivalent to the industrial world.
However, since I am not a citizen of your fine country, I have no idea of the tax break down. What I do know is that, per capita, Americans pay far less taxes than any of the other nations on the most desirable list. And... they get far less services. Why is that?
Less holidays, very expensive health care, more war...
So while you babble on about the cold war??? try to catch up.
This is 2011. You are in a whole lotta trouble, time to start swimming instead of holding your breath and treading water.
Ask Argentina about inflation...
I could go on.
I can't be bothered.
Goodnight.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 03:21 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Limbaugh says it about as well as anybody:

Quote:

...Now, this UK Daily Mail story that you will not see in the US media.

Only a fat, racist **** like Limbaugh would take the Daily Mail seriously. This is the paper that supported Hitler in the 1930s.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 05:19 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
Basically taxes, as evil as you might think they are, are necessary.

No they aren't. The United States went until 1913 without any sort of an income tax.

You really are incredibly stupid. The US still had taxes, but I'm not surprised that a lackey like you would object to income tax, as it is probably the fairest form of taxation. Don't expect the fat cats to let you into their country clubs though. Nobody wants to be seen in public with an obsequious toady.
revelette

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 07:10 am
@gungasnake,
The real impact of S&P’s downgrade is political, not economic.

Quote:
It’s tempting to dismiss Standard & Poor’s downgrade of U.S. long-term Treasury bonds as no big deal in the real world. It’s also tempting to describe it as a broad criticism of the whole political system, a pox-on-both-your-houses curse at the intransigence of both Republicans and Democrats.

Both of those conclusions would be mistakes.

t’s probably true that S&P’s first-ever downgrade of U.S. Treasuries from AAA to AA+ will have little impact on interest rates. Credit ratings, though hugely important, are only one of many factors affecting the cost of borrowing. The more important factors are broad forces of supply and demand for Treasuries, and the outlook for inflation and growth. That’s why Japan has been downgraded three different times in the past decade (it’s currently AA-) yet its long-term rates are lower than those on U.S. Treasuries.

It’s also true that S&P is hardly some kind of Delphic Oracle. It and the other rating agencies were almost criminally negligent about the risks of subprime mortgages during the housing bubble. And it’s not as if S&P told investors anything about U.S. fiscal problems on Friday that they didn’t already know.

So what’s new?

The big new element on Friday was an official outside recognition that U.S. creditworthiness is being undermined by a new factor: political insanity. S&P didn’t base its downgrade on a change in the U.S. fiscal and economic outlook. It based it on the political game of chicken over the debt ceiling, a game that Republicans initiated and pushed to the limit, and on a growing gloom about the partisan deadlock. Part of S&P’s gloom, moreover, stemmed explicitly from what a new assessment of the GOP’s ability to block any and all tax increases.

(more at the source)
farmerman

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 07:56 am
@gungasnake,
So now gunga admits that the GOP teabaggers are actually foreign subversives bent on destroying our country