What do ya do when your bored?

hamilton

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 05:15 pm
@Fido,
an std clinic? Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 05:28 pm
This will sound snotty, but I have never understood being bored. So much to look at, so much to think about.
But that is speaking just for myself.

But, I was lucky, I was given the tools to look and think. Or I think I was. Sometimes I think I was given matters to argue with, as a kind of argue slate.

My presumption, snotty, yes, is that people far and wide are not fostered when they question anything. Given the internet, questions get more prominent, but in small microcosms of life, simple questions can be dumped on, and some brains smothered.
jcboy

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 05:34 pm
@ossobuco,
I don’t think it sounded snotty. I never get bored, I’m much too busy to get bored, I work, go to school. Have two cats two dogs and two tortoises, not to mention getting everything done around the house and have a social life. I’m not sure I would even know what its like to get bored. Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 06:07 pm
@jcboy,
You're engaged and watching, listening.

I won't say that people who live in very low resource places don't do this - I strongly think it happens -

I think first world folk are living on another planet (the planet part from another a2k thread). There is a huge amount of distraction orientation, and when the pulse stops for a bit, ennui prevails.
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 06:07 pm
@ossobuco,
that makes sense. i usually dont get bored, and it's never for long...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 06:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Kids do get bored though, osso. They are so peer oriented that when school is out and no friends in the immediate vicinity, they get easily bored, especially 13 - 15 year olds. They're no longer kids and they're not yet full blown teenagers, which means they are not interested in kiddy stuff any longer but they're not ready yet for the things teenagers do, it's a difficult age, really.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 06:42 pm
@GracieGirl,
Gracie sweetie, I know that you're growing up without a Mom, so you just can't hang out with her and do "girly things" like shopping, manicure etc.
but can you tag along with a girlfriend and her Mom? How about your
grandmother, does she live close by?
ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 06:42 pm
@CalamityJane,
Well, I don't disagree. When I was thirteen and fourteen and fifteen, I had almost no friends at all for the summer, and I do mean, at all.

No wonder I'm so weird..

Agree with your comment to Gracie.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 10:40 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't think your snotty ossobuco. Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 10:42 pm
@GracieGirl,
I can be if I work at it..
and sometimes even when I don't.
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 10:42 pm
@jcboy,
Ohh! Wats your tortoises names?
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 10:43 pm
@ossobuco,
Haha! Smile
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 11:01 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thanks Calamity Jane your really nice. Very Happy

Yea, I usually go shopping and stuff with my friend Laurie and her mom because I've known them for a really long time. It's fun and her mom is awesome most of the time (she's kinda naggy) but it's not the same as having my own mom.

My dad doesn't get along with my grandparents. They live in Canada and we live in America. So I talk to my Grandma on the phone on holidays and birthdays and stuff and I visit Canada every summer for a month but I'm not Don't worry Pallas, like I said before, I've got everything you need. I'll make sure you and your cats are happy! ;-)
really close to her. I love my Gram and Grandpa but I don't think I know them very well. And my Grandpa's really mean so I dont like him. My aunt Jess use to hang out with me and my sis and do girly stuff but she's having a hard pregnancy so she's not around much anymore.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 11:55 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Where would I check into if I had one of you???

You would never have one of me, I'm an original.
Fido

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 02:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Fido wrote:

Where would I check into if I had one of you???

You would never have one of me, I'm an original.
Even if you are a prototype or a lost cause, you are one... So; why would I never have one of you, even if the only one??? That bad, or too dear???
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 10:35 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

Even if you are a prototype or a lost cause, you are one... So; why would I never have one of you, even if the only one??? That bad, or too dear???

You need to concentrate on your sentence construction.
Fido

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 09:07 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Fido wrote:

You need to concentrate on your sentence construction.
I said what I wanted to say in relation to what was said exactly as I wished to say it without one extra word... What did you not understand???
0 Replies