What do ya do when your bored?

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 03:46 am
I get on here, Facebook, youtube, netflix, Gameshed, or actionflash.com.
Or I check my email, watch a movie, listen to music, talk to people/friends.
Read a book or draw or dance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,965 • Replies: 56
No top replies

Fido

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:12 am
@GracieGirl,
I don't... Sleep and boredom have a lot in common with me... One thing that made sense to me was picked up in my futile effort to learn French... The Verb Ennuir, to bore, was conjugated as a reflexive verb by them... Just like we brush our teeth, or comb our hair, they bore themselves... They take responsibility for their own level of excitement... You can have life as you like it... Have you ever fallen out of a tree???... It took me a few times before I got it right, but don't worry; the ground is Okay...

You can have life like falling out of a tree so it comes at you so fast you don't know what to do, or you can stay in bed and stare at the ceiling and fear it all will come crashing in... No matter what you do, you will reach a point were life will come rushing at you just like the ground rushes at you when you fall out of a tree and it only gets worse till the end... I mean, When you are young, anticipation is like poison... It seems like birthdays and holidays and vacations will never reach you... And then at some point they start rushing by you like the limbs of a tree... You don't have time to blow out the candles and another cake is sitting there...Then the poison is not anticipation, but nostalgia which keeps your mind in the past when you need your full attention on what is about to happen... Life is terrible, and then it is gone...

No one has time to be bored... Take a lesson from the ants... You never see one of them with a smoke at the water cooler saying: Jesus, I'm Bored... They ain't got time for it, and neither have we...Look at nature always trying to beat the clock... Plants germinate and grow, flower, breed and seed and die, all the while edging out some other plant for the best sun or soil... Boredom is a luxury no one really enjoys, but it is the only luxury most of us think we can afford...
hamilton

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 09:29 am
@GracieGirl,
i like to be mean. people are funny when you tease them. you should try it some time....
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 11:35 am
@hamilton,
If your too mean you can really hurt someone's feelings. I don't like that. Be nice or be gone. That's my motto. Razz Mr. Green
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 11:36 am
@Fido,
You sound like you have a fun life. Always doing something. But even you've gotta get bored sometimes. Everybody does. Do you just take a nap when your bored?
Fido

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 12:56 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

You sound like you have a fun life. Always doing something. But even you've gotta get bored sometimes. Everybody does. Do you just take a nap when your bored?
Sleep for me is like television without commercials... I do this thing I call dreaming, but it often slides into the back side of nightmare... I think it is the Tahitians who say that everything you lose in your life time you can visit in your dreams... I have lost a lot, and where it is kept is high and dry...
hamilton

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 01:14 pm
@Fido,
wow. i've never met anybody who can control their dreams...
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 01:18 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

wow. i've never met anybody who can control their dreams...

It's called lucid dreaming and its far more prevelant then you think it is.
hamilton

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 01:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
hmmm...
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 01:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
that makes sense.
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 01:23 pm
@GracieGirl,
well, not that mean.
i like to tease, not hurt.
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 01:26 pm
@Fido,
Youve lost alot? I'm sorry, that sucks.
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 01:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
What's lucid dreaming?
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 01:27 pm
@hamilton,
Good to know! Mr. Green
hamilton

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 01:28 pm
@GracieGirl,
i've noticed you only make topics. why dont you go onto other people's topics?
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 02:20 pm
@hamilton,
Well, I guess I don't because everyone here seems way older than me and most of them seem like theyve been here for awhile and they're all friends. When I first joined a2k I looked at other people's post but they were mostly boring, I didn't know nothing about what they were talking about, or I didn't know the answers to the questions they were asking. Lol

I only get on websites like this when I'm bored or I really need advice about something from older people.

So now I just get on and ask questions and stuff then I log off and log back on a little bit later to see if someone replied. If they did I reply back. If they didn't I just log back off and check again later. Either way I'm not on long enough to read and answer other people's topics. Ha! Razz
hamilton

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 03:32 pm
@GracieGirl,
i see...
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:00 pm
@hamilton,
Okey dokey! Wink
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:10 pm
@GracieGirl,
older people. hmmph!!!
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:21 pm
@hamilton,
That wasn't suppose to be insulting. I wasn't trying to be mean but there are a lot of really old people here. Hahahahahaha! I'm just kidding! Mr. Green Very Happy Razz