@GracieGirl,
meanie...
you made me cry.
boohoo!
ya big bully!
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:32 pm
@hamilton,
No, your not crying! You like teasing, remember? Haha!!! I was just joking with ya. Razz Mr. Green
hamilton

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:33 pm
@GracieGirl,
sniff!
really?
i'm not crying?
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 04:47 pm
@hamilton,
HAHAHA!

Aww! I'm sorry.

Forgive me? (apologetic face)

Ha! Laughing
0 Replies

fobvius

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 09:24 pm
@GracieGirl,
Quote:
What do ya do when your bored?

Do you mean when I'm really bored?
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 10:30 pm
@fobvius,
Yea, sure! What do ya do?
Fido

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 06:57 am
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Yea, sure! What do ya do?
One does not do when bored... Bored is what people are by not doing...

Consider... If you go to your usual low wage dead end job you are doing nothing meaningful for about a third of every day... No matter how little your boss is paying you, he thinks it is too much if he leaves the smallest bit of meaning in it for you to experience...

He does not want you pulled along by the prospect of meaning found at the end of the experience... What he want is for you to feel driven... In the bubbles of imagination forming over your head he does not want a picture of him dressed as a Ku-fu driving you with a whip... He wants a picture of you driving you with a whip, and above the head of the driver another bubble of imagination with another driver with another bubble above and etc... When the hardest thing about your job is staying awake long enough to do it, and you feel like a monkey doing a monkey's job for peanuts his success is complete...

Only two thing would be necessary to find some meaning in it... One is to find your place in it, and see your contribution, and the other is to recognize how terribly demeaning it is, how pointless and without purpose and for how little do we sell our lives which are the source of all meaning... People live stolen lives, lives dear to them sold so cheaply as to be robbed from them out of a want of choice... Life which should be excitment and vitality and variety is reduced to monotony to deny meaning which is the ultimate value of life... It is illegal to take life, but wealth is made by stealing meaning which is the stuff of life...
hamilton

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 07:43 am
@Fido,
well, when you're bored, you arent doing ANYTHING interesting.
Fido

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:20 am
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

well, when you're bored, you arent doing ANYTHING interesting.
If you consider that we have but one life, and that you have to sell it in bits and pieces to have the stuff of survival, then there is no reason to be bored, and no reason we should accept boredom and the price of survival... If you let a worthless class of prople put you in a trick bag whene you are spending 60 minutes out of ever half an hour wishing the only life you have would move a little faster than a crawl, then they have won, and you have lost... It isn't about money... It isn't about power... If the rich can look forward to their days and we have to cringe at the very thought of tomorrow they have won...

If our lives are spent hating our lives until we get old and die because on the one hand we are moral, and don't want to live with the thought of hurting anyone, and on the other hand are gutless and fear the sure and certain reaction to our striking at those who rob our lives of meaning, then we are doomed... But what futility is ours, what pointlessness and dismay...
We do not have to stand back and watch as meaning is drained out of us like blood from a scapegoat... WE do not have to participate in our own demise... We do what we do hoping and expecting a better that will never come without our active participation... We accept boredom, and practice for it from our earliest days... It is foolish to spend life in this fashion, but we know no other, and can imagine none better...
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:23 am
@Fido,
Just because you get bored sometimes doesn't mean you hate your life Neutral
hamilton

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:29 am
@GracieGirl,
he's constantly negative. i've never heard a very positive thing out of him...
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:35 am
@hamilton,
Hmm... I can fix that! Very Happy Mr. Green Wink

Come on Fido, say something positive! PLEEAAASSSEEE! Pretty pretty pretty please with a cherry on top! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 08:23 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Just because you get bored sometimes doesn't mean you hate your life Neutral
I do not expect that people hating their jobs and all the demeaning aspects of life hate their lives... To be specific, they hate the demeaning aspects of life, and anything that makes us wish our lives away for even a moment are demeaning since life is all meaning...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 08:25 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

I must be an electron... I have to remind myself that I am playing with children, and if I am selling any ****; I better sugar coat it...

That reminds me of a joke...
hamilton

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 01:39 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

hamilton wrote:

I must be an electron...

so you're a fast man?
Fido

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 05:59 am
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

Fido wrote:

hamilton wrote:

I must be an electron...

so you're a fast man?
Just fasting, thinking fast, and thinking I am fast... Electrons are always negative in charge.. As opposed to a positron which are anhilated almost as soon as created by contact with an electron which is also anhilated..

I am only very fast in the sense of a fast fish, like the one Melville advertized... I am fast, as in fastened, as all good Fidos should be...
izzythepush

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 06:30 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

I am only very fast in the sense of a fast fish, like the one Melville advertized...

So you've got Moby Dick? I'd check into an STD clinic if I were you.
wayne

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 10:24 am
@Fido,
Well, there's still Alaska

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7jxFbscIJY&feature=player_embedded
hamilton

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 10:32 am
@wayne,
THANK GOD!!!
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 05:13 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Fido wrote:

I am only very fast in the sense of a fast fish, like the one Melville advertized...

So you've got Moby Dick? I'd check into an STD clinic if I were you.
Good one Izzythe... Where would I check into if I had one of you???