What do you wanna be when you grow up?

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 03:38 am
If you already are grown up, what did you wanna be before you were grown up?

Fido

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:38 am
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

When I grow up I want to be older...When I was young, I hoped to die before I had to grow up, and I have yet to do either... Plenty of people have told me to act my age and not my IQ, but I refuse to do as I am told...When I roll out of bed in the morning and my moans and groans reach the kitchen before I do, I think: I am too young to hurt so bad... But I know I deserve every ache and pain... That is the price of heroism... That is the wages of hard work and self reliance... If I feel it sooner than others it is because I have worked harder for it....

Some people just live their lives... I adventured through mine... I explored my life... I found the limits of my life... I have loved women, and rocked babies in my arms and spit in the face of God; but then, I have buried children and family and friends of every sort...There is no part of heaven or hell I have not sampled on this earth in this life... I wanted to be free, and wanted to be alive, and I have bowed my head, and taken on shackles only for love... And when I die, I will not look back in longing because I have already squeezed the sweetest juices from the fruit of life....
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 10:23 am
@GracieGirl,
I'm 60, and I've given up wanting something, "when I grow up".

Life seems to choose for me. Sad

Doing something you want to do seems to be a pipe dream.

GracieGirl wrote:

Actually, a million years ago, I was taking a course to be a radio station DJ, but then the outfit that was offering the course went bust.
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 11:11 am
@Reyn,
No I think everybody has control in their life especially grown ups because you don't have parents that are always telling you what to do. Razz

A DJ sounds like a really fun job! Smile
Reyn

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 02:30 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

No I think everybody has control in their life especially grown ups because you don't have parents that are always telling you what to do. Razz

[sigh!]

If life was only that simple.

As I mentioned, I am 60 years old, and I have a mother that is turning 85 this month.

My mother has been diagnosed with dementia (along with multiple other problems).

My sister lives quite far away.

Guess who has been looking after her?

Guess who has no life?
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 02:36 pm
@Reyn,
Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I kinda put my foot In my mouth huh? That doesn't sound fun but atleast you still have your mom right? I've never even met mine.
Anyway, it's really nice that your taking care of her

Have a good day and god bless. (if you believe in god). Smile
Reyn

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 02:40 pm
@GracieGirl,
No problem. I'm just grousing today. It's a tough day.

You're young still. I hope your life turns out how you hope you think it will. Wink Smile

I like your topics, by the way. Keep up the good work!
GracieGirl

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 02:44 pm
@Reyn,
Thanks Reyn that's really nice! I'm sorry your day isn't going so well. But it's still early, things could start looking up. Lol. Anyway, here's to hoping for a better tomorrow! Very Happy
the prince

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 03:31 am
@GracieGirl,
air force pilot <top gun>

Sadly, I am already grown up
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 09:22 am
@the prince,
Air force pilot! That sounds awesome! Very Happy
Fido

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:06 am
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

Air force pilot! That sounds awesome! Very Happy
If I could ride roller coasters, as I love to do, without wanting to hurl after, I might consider flying...
GracieGirl

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:17 am
@Fido,
You mean flying in an airplane? Or flying the airplane? You've never been on an airplane?! Shocked
Fido

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 08:44 pm
@GracieGirl,
GracieGirl wrote:

You mean flying in an airplane? Or flying the airplane? You've never been on an airplane?! Shocked
Meant flying... Because I wouldn't be flying without ripping the wings off the bird, and then throwing up....

Let me tell one... A friend of mine used to sell drugs, -for a drug company, so he flew a lot... He was catching a flight to Traverse City because his las appointment of the day left him in Detroit... The commuter flight stopped in Lansing, and on got a real drunk guy with his real sober wife... Up in the air they began to hit bad turbulance, and the drunk guy headed for the john, and never came out, so after a while of the wife banging on the door, the stewardesss got the co-pilot to drag a box of tools back, and take off the door... And out came the man after a bit wearing the toilet seat... They had hit a good down draft while he was losing lunch, and his head fit through the toilet seat, but not out again... He must have seemed to everyone like we seem to turds in Detroit... I only mention Detroit because there it is the custom to flush before, and not after you do your business... There ought to be a sign on every road into Detroit: Enjoy the view and don't bother to flush after....
GracieGirl

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 08:05 pm
@Fido,
Oh! Eww!
ragnel

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 01:48 am
@GracieGirl,
Strange custom!

All I ever want to be is Michelle Pfeiffer. I'm older than she is and I guess I should have grown up by now. Well, there's always reincarnation to look forward to .....
GracieGirl

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 11:11 pm
@ragnel,
Reincarnation...
0 Replies