Definition of top-up fee

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 07:32 am
Dose "top-up" mean "the amount is fixed, you cannot pass the line"?

Will top up fee regulate that all universities in England can only charge a fixed amount for tuition? (You cannot pass the amount, or else, you are illegal?)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 668 • Replies: 4
No top replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 08:48 am
Has searched some information:

At the moment all universities in England can only charge a fixed amount for tuition. With Top up fee£ the university can legally charge as much as they want for the courses they offer. It is estimated that the average cost of would be about £5000 a year; five times what we are currently paying. However, the universities are allowed to charge less or more, depending on the reputation of the university and the course.

Okay, I've made misunderstanding... but now got clarified. Very Happy
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 12:26 pm
It's an awful idea, Oristar. I am completely opposed to it, and have written in to various newspapers against it. It will mean that poorer students will not be able to go to better Universities, only to ex-polytechnics. It's unfair.

0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 12:39 am
Yes, it sounds like that the idea is so arrogant to the poor and sucking up to the rich.
I'd like to read your article if it has been published online, dròm_et_rêve ; or, maybe you might posted it here if it has been published and you felt doing so is good. I'm learning how to write article in English, after all. Smile
0 Replies

axel foley

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 12:52 pm
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
It's an awful idea, Oristar. I am completely opposed to it, and have written in to various newspapers against it. It will mean that poorer students will not be able to go to better Universities, only to ex-polytechnics. It's unfair.

hi there, i am currently undertaking research into the issue of top fees and how the working class will be affected, i was just wondering what your views are on this topic, thank you for your time, anis.
0 Replies