How do you view death?

Pemerson

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 04:06 pm
I don't view death at all. Death happens.
JLNobody

Reply Thu 15 Sep, 2011 05:40 pm
@Pemerson,
Yes, and it's most likely that we won't (be able to) view (see, experience) our own death.
0 Replies

north

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 03:11 pm

reincarnation
JLNobody

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 03:47 pm
@north,
That sounds like religious fantasy to me. I wonder how many western buddhist endorse it. I don't, unless it is treated metaphorically. (i.e., I am one with all things and upon my (ego speaking) death I will survive in everyone else, metaphorically speaking).
north

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 04:37 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

That sounds like religious fantasy to me. I wonder how many western buddhist endorse it. I don't, unless it is treated metaphorically. (i.e., I am one with all things and upon my (ego speaking) death I will survive in everyone else, metaphorically speaking).

look at this way , life is an energy , and energy is neither created or destroyed
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 16 Sep, 2011 11:13 pm
@north,
...you see...but you are speaking of Energy and not energy...hehehe
...energy its consumed...while Energy its transmitted...
Cyracuz

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 04:18 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
What kind of strange distinction are you making now between one word?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 07:36 am
@Cyracuz,
none...it was meant as a smart joke, never mind...
JLNobody

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 01:20 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Nevertheless, the difference (upper case and lower case) IS evocative. It reminds me of the difference between the physical energy of Newton and the deeper and more general sense of Energy as in Nietzsche's Will to Power, a general quality of all of Nature.
What a shame he meant it as a joke!
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 01:25 pm
@JLNobody,
...it just shows how objects are concepts, smaller or larger, and concepts themselves are objects... (substantial in the relation) ...concerning my remark on Energy notice both things are true...is a "serious" joke J ! Why should I loose my time explaining it any further then that ? I am speaking to walls here...so its served as a joke. That way each one will "digest" it the way it sees fit...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 01:34 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
(edited above, please re-read !)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 01:49 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
What a snob! That's one who makes no effort to communicate because the stupidity of the Other makes it a fruitless waste of time and energy. THAT's a joke if you ask me. If you want to snub someone in English you should check out your usage, i.e., "Why should [you] lose [not "loose"] [your] time explaining it...
Pemerson

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 01:50 pm
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

I say that we are one with all things whether we exist in a human body, a squirrel or a cow, flowers or trees. We, are not the body, which will return to dust, (die) but we are spirit, which lives on. We are not separate from God, or each other.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 01:54 pm
@JLNobody,
...It was not adressed to you when posted...and you yourself should know better how communication goes around a circle these days...besides as you mentioned my English does n't help, so yes I think its all rather pointless...I am sorry for my blumpt honesty...
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 02:29 pm
@hamilton,
I know "off topic", alot of us gain hertitory problems from our genes, so on topic, I just hope I inherit the same experience as my grandmother, just go to sleep one day and don't wake up....

Deciding - cremation or burial is my fear as I don't like the thought of worms crawling through me just as must as I don't like the idea of being burnt, then again witches were, and I've been called that many a time...

runs, now waiting for osso to crucify me:) (laughs)
JLNobody

Reply Sat 17 Sep, 2011 10:38 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Crucify you? Don't worry. Osso's a bluff. All bark.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 01:55 am
@hamilton,
"Death" is a fake; it is idle superstition. It is only molting,
like a Butterfly leaves his cocoon n flies aloft,
or like a lobster molts off his exoskeleton n walks away.
The problem is misidentification of the person with his body,
his outer covering. www.IANDS.org

People who have returned from death in hospitals
have had no fear of re-death. Some of them disinherited relatives who thay saw
and heard bad mouthing them (while their bodies were dead), outside in the waiting room.

As Dr. Deepak Chopra put it:
many people think that we are human beings with occasional spiritual experiences,
but we are spiritual beings with occasional human experiences.

I have had some out-of-body experiences.

David
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 02:36 am
@JLNobody,
Smile

Okay, this will always be a debate, over religion, science and personal beliefs I think...

What about "cheating death", as they call it.. I have seen that so called 60 second video played before me, when I was beaten and almost strangled being pulled out of a nightclub at 17. I know, some would call it fear and so, you somehow see a whole life flash before you.... But, let me tell you, I felt I was close to death and I did experience that, and I believe in energy, and I believe in re-incarnation, so now I in big trouble:)

Science says animals do not weigh anything different when they die, yet clocks stop ticking, and fur is found by your feet as an example... Energy? Soul? I'm way not new age, I don't read the stars, I don't go to Church, I have just "seen" things that science will explain that I choose to wonder over and believe it's something bigger than that...

I could ramble alot of weird things but then you will all think I'm weird, so better you get to know me first and then know that I am, but still okay to handle:)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 03:28 am
@FOUND SOUL,
WELCOME to the forum, real estate proprietor.

David
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 18 Sep, 2011 03:54 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Well.... I need to make up a profile huh a bit longer than that
Wink But what a WELCOME

Just to add then? 4 years in the Investigations Industry working for well, Laywers for one, Restaurant Manager before that, and the last one? A Lawyer Wink Before getting into Real Estate....

Believer of no cruelty to animals... Previously on a committee to helping street kids, ex Mod on an American Forum 4 years YEAH I know I'm an Aussie, pfttt and been there once America, going again in a year or so can't wait, passionate about alot of things in life and I still view death with ahhh which way do I exit, ground or in fire... Crying or Very sad

Oh that should give you an idea of I be me, regardless ....