I hate conspiracy theories do you?

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 12:58 am
@parados,
I will say that when I see a person standing in public and speaking out like that I do normally think they are a bit odd and pay them no attention!

If we are going to be intellectually honest about the info she is talking about I am not sure that we would call her such names but if we are going to be emotionally honest I guess that words like that would be used by some people!

If she is a idiot what would you call this man?

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 02:28 am
@JLNobody,
Hey JL.
I haven't heard any conspiracy theories about that, but the guy who did it seems to be somewhat of a conspiracy nut. He'd demanded that the government resign before he would explain himself in some areas, and part of his extremist motivation for doing what he did was the "islamisation" of Europe.

By the way, Oslo is not my town, it's about an eight hour drive there from where I live, or a 40 min flight. I live in a much smaller town on the west coast of Norway called Haugesund.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 02:36 am
I just remembered a fun fact I came across. It seems slightly related to a thread about conspiracy theories.

In 2006 there were almost 500 terror attacks carried out in Europe. Out of all those attacks only one was related to Islamist terror..
In contrast, half of the over 700 arrests made that year related to terror were related to Islamic terror.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,476599,00.html

I've been told that the majority of the terrorist acts that year were committed by right wing extremist groups, but I have not found a source to back that claim.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 04:19 am
@reasoning logic,
I couldn't stand listening to her for any longer than two minutes. One thing that conspiracy theories do is to get us looking the wrong way. The following is not a conspiracy theory, rather it shows remakable clarity of thought. If you want to focus on something, focus on this.
parados

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 07:41 am
@reasoning logic,
You didn't ask if what the person in that video was saying was true or not..

Setanta answered your question. He just did it in a way you don't seem to understand but it's really quite simple. If the person isn't speaking truth they can be referred to as an idiot on the subject.
JLNobody

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 09:38 am
@parados,
Not an "idiot", only wrong on THAT point. They might be brilliant on other points. Of course, I don't think Setanta intends us to take all of his utterances literally. We finally realized that regarding Dyslexia (Bob Wells).
Setanta

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 10:04 am
@JLNobody,
Apostasy is a terrible thing, Boss . . .
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:25 am
@izzythepush,
That is a rather interesting video I am watching part two at the moment!

Quote:
I couldn't stand listening to her for any longer than two minutes. One thing that conspiracy theories do is to get us looking the wrong way.

Yes they can have you looking at things the wrong way, They get me to question things!

I could be wrong but the info she was sharing seemed to be factual but she was also giving her opinion about our state of independence!

I personally do not think that we can have absolute freedom from other powers trying to rule and manipulate our lives. I call people who try to rule and manipulate our lives, "parasites living off the backs of other people when they are doing it for financial reasons!
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:29 am
@parados,
Quote:
If the person isn't speaking truth they can be referred to as an idiot on the subject.

What was she lying about?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:34 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Apostasy

Yes I could see why you would think that she has committed Apostasy.

I guess that when you have rigid beliefs then you also have a reason for a word like Apostasy
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:37 am
@reasoning logic,
I'm glad you're enjoying it, it is a brilliant series. That woman with the megaphone, popped onto my screen just before I was going to bed. I did try watching it, but called it a day when I realised that's all it was. If someone has to shout their message at you, it's not really worth listening to.

What difference does it make whether or not America is completely legally independent of the UK? What matters is reality, if you look at recent history America calls the shots. America got the UK to back out of Suez, America got the UK involved in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The only instance where the UK put pressure on America was Kosovo, and then it was because Blair gave a speech to the American people who then put pressure on Clinton.
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:43 am
@reasoning logic,
What a jackass you are. My remark about apostasy was humor (something you appear not to recognize), and it had no reference to the goofy idiot with the megaphone. It was a response to J. L. Nobody's remark about Dys.

You should go out and buy the super pack of vowells.
reasoning logic

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:52 am
@Setanta,
Do you always take things so emotionally? Ok I was wrong I thought that you were referring to the lady big deal!

I thought that you may have been referring that you called her an idiot because she was going against the status Quo!
If you do not explain yourself then you can bet I will get you wrong!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:58 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You should go out and buy the super pack of vowells.

Not a good idea if your v's sound like b's. It was not what I asked for!
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:59 am
@reasoning logic,
Do you always assume that when someone posts something critical of you, they're being emotional? I assure you, you're nothing to me. Which is a major part of why i do not feel at all obliged to explain myself to you.

My post came immediately after MA's post (whatever screen name he's using right now). Not everything that people post is about you.
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 08:59 am
@izzythepush,
Hmmmm . . . reminds me of some odd M.P. skit . . . not the one with the dead parrot, but similar . . .
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 09:03 am
@Setanta,
King's Bollege Bambridge?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 09:04 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Do you always assume that when someone posts something critical of you, they're being emotional?
Only when they use language that seems to be emotionally motivated!!
Setanta

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 09:31 am
@reasoning logic,
Which is to say, yes, you always make such unwarranted assumptions. No surprise there.
hamilton

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 09:31 am
@Setanta,
well, everyone makes mistakes...