I hate conspiracy theories do you?

izzythepush

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 01:33 am
@reasoning logic,
We've got a tv programme dedicated to that sort of thing.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 04:03 pm
@izzythepush,
I seen that before, "it is cool how that works.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 04:04 pm
I think H20 would like this one!

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2011 07:40 pm
0 Replies

north

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 07:07 pm

a quote from the book by Jim Marrs ( Rule by Secrecy )

" The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes "

- Benjamin Disraeli
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 07:11 pm
@north,
It does seem that way!

This is the best one I have seen yet!

0 Replies

north

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 07:40 pm

again from the book by Jim Marrs ( Rule by Secrecy )

" the word ( conspiracy) is derived from the latin CONSPIRARE , literally meaning to breathe together , to act or think in harmony. In modern times , conspiracy has taken on a sinister connotation. Most dictionaries now offer two definitions of the word:
1. To plan together secrectly , espeically to commit an illegal or evil act, or 2. To plan or plot secretly. One deffinition is vile . the other less so.

Secrecy is the connecting tissue found throughout man's past . There are secrets between individuals and groups as well as secrets to be kept by both church and government authorities. there are political secrets, even of finance and commerce.

Obviously , a conspiracy amoung co-workers to by the boss a present is not same level of conspiracy as bank robbers scheming their next job. Likewise , the small merchant who keeps his business plan secret from his competitors is not participating in a conspiracy equal to corporate leaders plotting to fix prices.

The key to an evil conspiracy is the intent of the secrecy "
0 Replies

north

Reply Sat 24 Sep, 2011 07:49 pm

same book as my last post

" Secrecy is the freedom of Zealots dream of : no watchman to check the door , no accountant to check the books, no judge to check the law . The secret government has no constitution .
The rules it follows are the rules it makes up. "

--- Bill Moyers
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 29 Feb, 2012 05:35 pm
0 Replies

bulldogcoma

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 04:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
If people write off legitimate conspiracy theories due to others perpetuating nonsense then I believe its a matter of personal responsibility. People don't write off Christianity because of the crusades. Building a strong individualized knowledge base is the important thing, because we can never expect people to stop perpetuating nonsensical ideals. We just have to know how to compartmentalize factual (or plausible) idealism and theories based on reasonable social stigmas. Try to get to the root of an issue by building up the causes and make inferences as to who the beneficiary may be. We'll never know for sure if such theories are true or not, but even bad ones can give us a base for coming to conclusions about incongruencies in the system and why they arose.
djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 04:30 pm
@bulldogcoma,
bulldogcoma wrote:
People don't write off Christianity because of the crusades.

i did, as soon as our regions strolling minstrel brought news (in those annoying songs he always sang) of the crusades to our village, i wrote off christianity as a bad bet

an interesting note, the songs our minstrel sang where locally known as twitterings, so we first heard the news through some medieval version of twitter, everything old is new again eh
parados

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 05:57 pm
@djjd62,
And the traveling story tellers would relate stories by word of mouth so were sometimes known as face stories and the longer ones were face book.
0 Replies

bulldogcoma

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2012 07:08 pm
@djjd62,
Not saying I'm all for it just saying there's extremists in everything and you shouldn't judge a whole by its broken pieces.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2012 07:18 pm
0 Replies