I hate conspiracy theories do you?

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:12 pm
@parados,
Sure the video has to be wrong about some things! how could anyone cover so much info and not get something wrong? I think that there are some things that it gets right as well!
This is the start of the thread in case you missed it!

I find many people talking about all kinds of thing that I think are complete nonsense and I came across a video that I think has some very good points but I also think think that there are some things within it that I would like to challenge the grate minds with, within this forum. I hope that people will try and point out what is wrong or correct about this theory!

Now that you have been tearing apart the video and pointing out what is wrong can you prove any of it right?

parados

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:19 pm
@reasoning logic,
What do you think the video go right?
So far.. they got it wrong about the Vatican stealing gold.
They got it wrong about the City of London.

Oh.. they threw in the thing about priests molesting children to poison the well. It really has nothing to do with the Vatican's wealth.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:22 pm
@parados,
Are you Catholic?
parados

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:31 pm
@reasoning logic,
No, logic really has little to do with religion.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:37 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Oh.. they threw in the thing about priests molesting children to poison the well. It really has nothing to do with the Vatican's wealth.

I thought that they were questioning the churches ability to preach morality at the same time holding so much wealth while there are many cases of molested children and a multitude of poor people!
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:40 pm
@parados,
Well, actually they got it wrong about the Vatican:
there's the state (Holy See) and there's "the Catholic Church" (did they mean the "Roman Catholic Church"? Or all the Catholic Churches = the Roman Catholic plus the 23 Eastern Catholic Churches [in full communion with the Bishop of Rome]?).

But I admit that you must have some knowledge of history to get this.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:42 pm
@parados,
I will say that you made some very good points and I do think you for that!
I seen some other things in the video that I never seen before and I would like to hear from you and others what you think!
It will take me a minute to find them though!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
Well, they really should sell the Vatican Museum. And a couple of churches and palazzi in Rome, which have extraterritorial status.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:50 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

I thought that they were questioning the churches ability to preach morality at the same time holding so much wealth while there are many cases of molested children and a multitude of poor people!

Since your ancestors got rich by screwing other people, have you forsaken all moneys and inheritance from them?

This is a silly argument that you want to believe but you are unwilling to apply it to all persons including yourself. People are good and bad. No one is perfect. The Catholic church certainly isn't. But when you demand others be perfect you damn well better be perfect yourself and since no one is perfect we see where this is going.
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 12:52 pm
Ok I found it! Very Happy here is a part of the video that really goes out on a limb, At least I have never seen anything like it! But I do find it interesting and wondered if any of you thought that some of it may be true!

This part goes on into 3 other parts I think
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 01:22 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Since your ancestors got rich by screwing other people, have you forsaken all moneys and inheritance from them?

I do not have a problem with them keeping their ill gotten wealth because I do realize that it is hard to let go of but I do think that it should be gradually taken away by the people or that the queen could show her respect for humanity over a few generations because I do not think anyone should have wealth like that. "especially land!
Why should you have to buy land from the queen if you need a place to dwell?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 01:31 pm
@parados,
Quote:
The Catholic church certainly isn't. But when you demand others be perfect you damn well better be perfect yourself and since no one is perfect we see where this is going.

Who's looking for perfection? I think that most everyone knows that it does not exist but even a small child has a sense of equality.

I think the problem lies in the majorities ability to understand the gains that can be achieved by them if they had a better understanding of ethics!
hamilton

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 01:36 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Who's looking for perfection?

everyone!!! Very Happy
reasoning logic

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 01:45 pm
@hamilton,
Maybe I need to get a better understanding of words? Smile
hamilton

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 01:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
dont we all?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 02:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I will be honest! I am sure that taxes have to be taken in in order to keep up a city but I do question is it a tax haven for corporations or elites is what I think the video may be referring to!

The problem is not what the city is paying now, (loopholes aside), but what they may be paying in the future. At the moment tax on overseas earnings is charged at UK tax rate less any overseas taxes paid, so if the UK tax rate is 40%, but the income has already paid 20% in foreign taxes, they are charged 20%. 40% - 20% = 20%. What is being suggested by the Tories is that if any overseas tax has been paid, the whole lot is exempt from UK taxes.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 02:53 pm
@parados,
Quote:
What do you think the video go right?

I am not sure that it got this right but it claims that the worlds worst holocaust was here in America with the Indians! What do you know about this?

The sound is poor in the first 2 minutes!
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 03:50 pm
Wow, there's been a lot of replies since yesterday.

Quote:
The coup in Iran was in 1953, and it was initially instigated by MI6.
Thanks for the correction in date, though I was only a couple of years out. Whatever the background - the coup was run by Kermit Roosevelt - who was CIA.

Setanta wrote:
I can't think why you list this under conspiracy theories. Eisenhower certainly never tried to hide any of this, and although the details came out slowly, it's been known almost since the day of the event.

Quote:
I think you must be very confused about what constitutes a conspiracy theory. The take-over of the German government by the NSDAP in 1933 may be deplored, but there was no conspiracy involved. Hitler proceeded by constitutional means.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
I've never heard this to be a conspiracy - especially not a "very famous and true conspiracy".

I was using a very much broader definition of conspiracy to make a point regarding the validity or not of all conspiracy theories - the only difference between conspiracy and organised ***** is secrecy. Everything else is the same. In the case of the Iran coup - if they had not admitted it/it had not been known, there could legitimately have been a conspiracy theory (would it then have been consigned to the scrap heap, just because it is a 'conspiracy theory'?).

In the case of germany, Walter you perhaps need to read carefully, for I did not say conspiracy theory, and in inverted comma's the single word of 'conspiracy' - though there are multiple facets to this example. In germany's case there's no chance of secrecy for many things at the time, and no chance for secrecy after the fact.... but we have an incredible subversion of an entire nation through underhanded means (legal or not). It again is used as an example of moving a further 'degree' away from conspiracy theory, to known conspiracy (eg CIA coup in Iran), to let's say a government 'conspiracy' to gain absolute power and change the way a nation thinks and behaves.

Also note in the case of germany, at that point in time, their people didn't know that their beliefs were being manipulated through propoganda - the concept of it was almost unknown prior to it's 'invention'. If someone in Germany back then had said 'the government is telling us orchestrated lies through the media in order to get us to in believe events that never happened so that we/germany/the govt can do ***********' it probably wouldn't have been believed. At that specific time, such could be classed as a conspiracy theory.

djjd62

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 03:59 pm
i love conspiracy theories

i don't believe them, but i love hearing crazy tales and unbelievable stuff

i subscribe to the coast to coast am podcast, i treat it more like theatre than any kind of reality, forbidden archeology, hidden histories, the illuminati, fun, fun stuff
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 04:25 pm
@JLNobody,
There are so many failures on the part of Husband Kimmel (CinCPac) and Walter Short (?Army commander in Hawaii) that it would take me pages to list them. However, the entire FDR "let it happen" myth can be blown out of the water with the War Warning message sent November 27, 1941. That Kimmel, Short and MacArthur failed to properly respond can hardly be attributed to any nefarious purpose of FDR.

For literally generations, Americans had despised the Japanese, ridiculed them, legislated against them. That this despised "race" could project, plan, organize and carry out one of the boldest and most successful naval operations in history was something which it was impossible for the wost of the racists to swallow. It was easier for them (especially as so many also despised FDR) to suggest that the president had cynically betrayed thousands of Americans to their deaths than to admit that their racist bigotry had been wrong, and the Japanese were militarily competent.

The Pearl Harbor conspiracy story is probably the earliest and most popular of the conspiracy nut stories of the modern age. The fact that it is so easily debunked has, however, done nothing to diminish its popularity.