The A2K NFL Fantasy Football League Is Back For 2011-2012!

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 06:10 pm
@realjohnboy,
And you are a great pimp, RJB!

A deeper league does not make it any less fair, of course. If we open it up to 12 (or 14), we can still draft with only 10 participants. But obviously we cannot do the converse (have 12 teams if we've only set it up for 10).
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 06:17 pm
@Ticomaya,
I just pm'd RJ that I'm here if you need me for the roster, but have the same question about my online longevity as I did re the baseball season. No guarantee I'd stick through December. Plus new blood for the game is good..

I actually wish we had two teams of ten or twelve or fourteen.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 06:28 pm
@Ticomaya,
I sent out 4 emails today and scored three players! Cyclo and Mysteryman. Osso wrote that she would like to play but may not have her own internet connection for awhile. She will not sign up yet, waiting to see if we need her to get from an odd to an even number of players.
So we are up to 8 or 9 players. I will ask Rhys to bump the limit to 12.
I seem to be the only one with an issue as to whether we stop there or go for 14.
mysteryman

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 06:30 pm
I'm in, but dont blame me for my team name.
My wife picked the name.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 06:44 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Plus new blood for the game is good.

New blood! New blood!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 09:21 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
I'm in, but dont blame me for my team name.
My wife picked the name.

I believe you.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 09:31 pm
George ... I just gave you a POSITIVE manager rating at the yahoo site. Let me know if you are rewarded in some fashion.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 10:09 pm
@realjohnboy,
12!

Cycloptichorn
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2011 04:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
We are up to 9 or 10 heading towards 12. I think I can get to 12 with a bit of effort. I would like to see the draft moved from next Saturday (8/13) to the following week (8/20) or even until 8/27. Well ahead of the start of the season (9/8).
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 09:25 am
Zombie Woofs are in.

Will miss the draft, though. My niece is getting married at that very time.

(Honestly, I'd rather be at the draft, but family is family)
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 10:00 am
@fbaezer,
Excellent! Getting Fbaezer was easy.
We have hit the league ceiling limit of 10 so I will suspend any further efforts.
If anyone else would like to join, please post here and if the league does get expanded we will let you know.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 04:28 am
Rhys has expanded the league to 12 and changed the draft to Sat, Aug 20th.
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 04:31 pm
@realjohnboy,
Okay. So I need to find two more players but I have an extra week to do it. Help me out here, folks.
If you follow the NFL a bit and if you are willing to invest perhaps 15 minutes a week for 17 weeks, we need you.
You could receive fame and fortune if you join us here. Well, that is a bit of a stretch, but...
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 05:02 pm
I would like to purchase a ticket to participate in requiring a trophy.
alex240101

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 05:16 pm
The Sandhill Cranes.

http://www.nisk.k12.ny.us/birchwood/links/grade4links/images/imagesthanksgiving/Sandhill-Crane.jpg
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 05:18 pm
@alex240101,
Alex becomes player #11. He was on my list of trollees but I took a break after Rhys moved the draft date to August 20th.
George posted the info you need, Alex, on page 1 of this thread. Please join soon.
We have 1 spot left. Osso said she would like to play but it depends on her access to the internet.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 07:12 pm
@realjohnboy,
I've just looked at last year's players - maybe you've already done that. I only count ten from this year's thread (could be I can't count), but I can't see the roster.
How about Thack, aka Heisenberg Unknowns; Free Duck, then aka Beefeaters; Jeremy (Cyclo's friend, aka Soup Kitchen)? Trying to remember if Lmur played Fantasy Football... maybe I'm mixing it up with the Pick 'um threads.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 12:33 pm
@ossobuco,
All 11 of the people signed up for this year played last year when we had 14 participants. Besides the Sandhandlers (osso), I can't track down Beefeaters (Sarah) and Heisenberg (Thack). I don't think the latter two are on A2K -I could be wrong - and they hid their email addresses.
So we have one spot to fill prior to the draft on August 20th.
Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!
thack45

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 04:41 pm
@realjohnboy,
Yeah I'm here. And I've been keeping an eye on this thread, trying to decide... Sorry I hid my email, it's an impulse when I sign up for anything. What time will the draft be?
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2011 04:51 pm
@thack45,
Hi, Thack. Welcome and if you are interested in joining the password etc is back on page 1 posted by George.
The live draft is scheduled for Saturday, August 20th at 9:30 pm.