Project Runway--Summer 2011

Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 02:45 pm
@sozobe,
As far as I remember, soz, they always sketch. And the sketching precedes any purchases.
sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 02:49 pm
@Roberta,
I'm trying to figure out how that would work when they don't shop at Mood, though -- when there's some sort of surprise challenge.

For example, I remember the car parts challenge -- I just don't think there was any sketching before that.

http://jeannewilliamson.blogspot.com/2008/08/project-runway-car-parts-challenge.html
Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 03:05 pm
@sozobe,
You're probably right. If they don't know what they're going to be using, it's unlikely that they'd sketch first.
sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 03:11 pm
@Roberta,
Right. Do you think they sketch after though? I seem to picture them just having things all spread out on a table and kind of squinting at 'em and figuring out what to do in their heads rather than sketching.

I think I might skip sketching. Would give a little more wiggle room time-wise too.
Roberta

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2011 03:42 pm
@sozobe,
In those situations, I think sketching is optional. Some people do because it's the way they operate. And some don't.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:25 am
@sozobe,
Quote:
Do you think they sketch after though? I seem to picture them just having things all spread out on a table and kind of squinting at 'em and figuring out what to do in their heads rather than sketching.

I think I might skip sketching. Would give a little more wiggle room time-wise too.

Roberta wrote:
n those situations, I think sketching is optional. Some people do because it's the way they operate. And some don't.

Pulled up the season 9 episode (epi.2) with the pet store visit, they selected materials prior to the return to the workroom. Some were sketching some were just putting things together. Seems to be optional so maybe have some sketchpads at the ready for the guests.
sozobe

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2011 10:27 am
@Sturgis,
Perfect! Thanks so much Sturgis. I do plan to have little notebooks available to all of them for any sketching plus noting measurements, etc.
0 Replies