Project Runway--Summer 2011

Sturgis

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 02:37 pm
@Roberta,
and prepare for another Food Truck race (have to check that name) starting up again soon on Food Network.

I too love seeing the food they prepare and wish I could wangle a judgeship some times the food looks so good. (lord knows I wouldn't have a hope of actually preparing those dishes).

And now back to Project Runway....

I miss Heidi's accent, it's faded.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 02:43 pm
@sozobe,
I would complain mightily about that to Lifetime. No reason for it other than they didn't think about it because they can all hear.
sozobe

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 02:45 pm
@Green Witch,
It's really, really standard. Hardly anything online is captioned. Various laws etc. in the pipeline but I'd have a hard time singling out Lifetime for that one.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2011 03:00 pm
@sozobe,
I had no idea, but not really surprised. Typical corporate tunnel thinking. However, I think it would worth an email to Lifetime. I'll see if I can find a source for someone who actually reads their email and might be able to give a response. It just niggles me.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 12:50 am
"Sexy like Queen Victoria." Shocked Drunk thud

I'm not suggesting that designers have to be historians. But I am suggesting that if you intend to make something Victorian looking, you know to know what Victorian looks like.

I thought the challenge was goofy. Didn't much care for the idea.

I agreed with the winner, although the other top two could also have won.

I think that any of the six in the bottom three designs could have easily and justifiably been sent home.

Am I the only one who didn't dislike Bert's choice of fabric?
Sglass

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 01:11 am
Glad you are enjoying Project Runway Roberta, my great nephew is the film editor. He has done an incredible job!
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2011 05:42 pm
@Roberta,
Goofy is an understatement. Those stilt-worker models looked exactly like the alien skitters on Fallen Skies when they walked (tried to walk).
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 01:30 pm
Yes, Nina is just a tad demaning.

I didn't see much day-to-evening in any of the designs.

I don't think I could have or would have picked a winner from any of the designs. And I certainly wouldn't have picked a metalic gold blouse as office wear.

I should have posted something last night. Less than a day has gone by, and I can't remember most of the designs.

I wasn't impressed.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 12:42 am
So, Heidi had designers make two outfits for her line last season. This season, one--so far.

I did not like one design. Not one. Didn't like any of them even a little!

And there was a little more drama than I care for. Bitchiness. Nastiness. Childishness.

I don't know if I'm going to make it through the whole season.

Is anyone watching?
sozobe

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2011 07:18 am
@Roberta,
I'm not... haven't caught one yet. Reading along tho.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 06:12 pm
@Roberta,
I'm watching. I feel the same as you, Roberta. Waiting for something good. I think they made a mistake when they extended the show to 90 minutes. Now they have to fill in with more drama and trauma.

How did you weather Irene?
Roberta

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 12:23 am
@Swimpy,
I agree, Swimpy. Too damned long. Too much drama. Who cares?

I know that many people are suffering from the effects of Irene. From my perspective on the upper east side of Manhattan, it was a lot of rain. Not much else.
Swimpy

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 11:54 am
@Roberta,
Glad to hear you didn't suffer from Irene. Now let's hope we don't have to suffer through the rest of PR Season 9.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 01:52 am
I liked the winning outfit, but it didn't look avant garde to me.

I also liked the tree skirt, but that didn't look avant garde to me either.

Maybe I don't know what avant garde is. Am I spelling it right?

Poor what's his name gets cut twice. He shoulda left on the fur and the brooch.

I liked the idea for the challenge. Those kids were talented.

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 07:51 pm
I finally caught up.
I really like Anya, but I don't think it's fair that one person should be so beautiful and so naturally talented. I thought Bert's axing was long overdue and Josh should be next. I was sorry none of the teams got the owl - that was a great looking bird.
Roberta

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 11:15 pm
@Green Witch,
I'm reaching of the point of fed up.

I don't understand why Anya won. There was a funny pouchy pointy belly to the skirt. And for something "wearable," a way to get it on and off would be nice.

I thought the guy with the feathery thing shoulda won. Too literal my ass. It was beautiful and reminiscent of the bird.
Swimpy

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 02:27 pm
@Roberta,
Are you like me and think that this will be the last season I'll be watching? If it wasn't for my little friend, who loves the show, I think I would not have watched this season at all. I want Josh out this next round, though. Then Anya, Victor and Kimberly can fight it out.

Anyone planning to watch the All Stars compete? I think that starts November 3.
Roberta

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 06:01 pm
@Swimpy,
Swimpy, I'm barely making it through this season. Bored and disappointed.

Not sure I'll be watching the All Stars. Depends on who's on.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 06:53 pm
I stopped watching at the stilt-walkers challenge. I can't imagine being criticized over somehow wrongly designing for a stilt-walker LOL! Ridiculous.

I'd watch all-stars, depending on who comes back. Mondo was so gypped, IMO, by that creepy girl (Gretchen?) who won last season. He deserves some revenge-sewing lol.
Swimpy

Reply Thu 20 Oct, 2011 09:11 pm
@Irishk,
yea, I'll give the all stars a chance.