cover =?

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 01:43 am

Context:
I remember him as if it were yesterday, as he came plodding to the inn door, his sea-chest following behind him in a hand-barrow--a tall, strong, heavy, nut-brown man, his tarry pigtail falling over the shoulder of his soiled blue coat, his hands ragged and scarred, with black, broken nails, and the sabre cut across one cheek, a dirty, livid white. I remember him looking round the cover and whistling to himself as he did so, and then breaking out in that old sea-song that he sang so often afterwards:

More:

http://robert-louis-stevenson.classic-literature.co.uk/treasure-island/ebook-page-02.asp
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 383 • Replies: 5
No top replies

McTag

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 03:55 am
@oristarA,

Brilliant story.

I think "corner" has been wrongly written as "cover". Look it up in a different version of the book.

"Them as die'll be the lucky ones."- L J Silver
Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 05:00 am
I have a copy of Treasure Island . . . around here somewhere. I'll go look it up . . . maybe . . . later . . .
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 06:44 am
@McTag,
What does the "corner" refer to then?
McTag

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 06:50 am
@oristarA,

He was behaving furtively. He was expecting me to come after him, and they did. He was in fear of his life. "Corner" refers to any corner of any building he was near. He was continually checking no potential attackers were creeping up on him.
oristarA

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 07:53 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

He was behaving furtively. He was expecting me to come after him, and they did. He was in fear of his life. "Corner" refers to any corner of any building he was near. He was continually checking no potential attackers were creeping up on him.

Thank you.

The "no" here refers to "any"?
0 Replies