Custody and Depression

rae2000

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 04:38 pm
I have battled a recurring major depression for about 15 years now, have encountered it as "situational" as described by the mental health providers I have been seen and treated by. I have made two serious self harm attempts; one in 2000 and one in 2008. In late 2009, I had a beautiful daughter. She is the absolute light of my life. Her father and. I were never married. He claimed "domestic violence" against me I March of 2010, by calling police and telling them I threatened murder-suicide with my infant daughter. He was granted a restraining order for this. I could not afford an attorney to defend myseld, ans subsequently lost the case. I have been in counseling, psychotherapy, Domestic Violence Perpetrators group, and placed on probation for this allegation, and my history of depression is his entire case. After 4 months of not seeing my precious baby girl, I came up with the retainer for an attorney, that fit the case. She has been great. We petitioned the court for unsupervised visitation... and walked out with 50/50%. That was over a year ago. He has stalked me, harrassed me, illegally disclosed my mental health recordsto 3rd parties outside the court, denied my visitations due to inconvenience, even served a new restraining oder on Mother's Day weekend so he could take my daughter with him to get married in Las Vegas (his 4th marriage), and mby hands were tied until a week later when it was dismissed. It is a complete abuse of the system! We appeared in court again for this still temporary order, everything is on the table. And I am being found "unstable" due to my history. I feel that my depression has radically improved since 2008, I am no longer taking medication, but am still seeing a counselor and a therapist. My attorney is great, but we are losing because of his spite and anger, dealing only in past issues. I have a good job, but am overwhelmed by the cost of this, don't know how much longer I can afford my attorney, but can't stand losing my daughter over this. Any suggestions for getting the court to hear me out? We are in WA State.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,192 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BDV

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 05:40 pm
@rae2000,
The first thing you need to do is write down notes, times and dates of everything he does, this will benefit you massively, do not rely on memory, i'm not sure of US law, but people are allowed to recover from illness, u should get statements from your doctor, employer and friends to support this, also stop being honest as the system crucifies people who speak the truth.

Finally always remember your daughter will come to age eventually and will be able to freely visit you, thats when his one sided game will end and backfire big style in his face.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 07:20 am
@rae2000,
Is there a reason you cannot file a restraining order against him? It seems some of those items you mentioned would qualify. Could you call your lawyer to see if she could direct you and give you advice on how to do this? Hopefully she could just advise you without it costing more.
0 Replies