18
   

Name the most dangerous woman in the United States

 
 
Lustig Andrei
 
  2  
Reply Sat 30 Jul, 2011 01:39 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quite a few of those quotes, BBB, are not only quite clever but right on target. "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." I couldn't've said it better myself.

Again, I disagree with the totality of her philosophy but that doesn't blind me to her quite genuine talent and wit. And I really don't believe her influence on 2oth century politics and thought was all that great. Dangerous? Pfahh!!
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 01:11 am
If I'm limited to one, than I have to agree with roger: Nancy Pelosi, simply because of the extent of our power and her idiocy, not malicious intent.

You do realize don't you than Rand is dead?

edgarblythe
 
  0  
Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 07:04 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
The evil that (wo)men do lives on after them - or something like that.
0 Replies
 
Baldimo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 11:36 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Ms. Rand also wrote about the evil of socialism and communism. She was trying to warn the world. If you think she was that dangerous then she was doing the right thing.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 12:05 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
I'm sure you didn't write that screed, BBB. I wonder what left-wing blog it came out of.


after the second paragraph, it's a direct c/p from wikipedia from the objectivism section. Lots of references provided there to the individual details.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Greenspan

~~~

She wrote a not-bad teen romance, but I think her books are painful for adults to try to read.
H2O MAN
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 12:08 pm


Quote:
Name the most dangerous woman in the United States


Nancy 'the crack whore' Pelosi
0 Replies
 
failures art
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 12:56 pm
There is a funny irony about Randian objectivism and contemporary conservatives.

As an atheist, I've been told by many christian conservatives about the evil extrapolation of my worldview on politics regarding things like evolution, etc. I'm frequently told that I cannot be moral.

Odd then that the exact type of atheist they condemn me for is the atheist I am not--but Ayn Rand definitely was. Isn't this double talk?

A
R
T
BumbleBeeBoogie
 
  0  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 08:40 am
@failures art,
That is so true!!! You are so smart and they are so stupid.

BBB
0 Replies
 
RABEL222
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 03:36 pm
@failures art,
Christianism and intellegence are not synonymous.
0 Replies
 
LionTamerX
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 03:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
She wrote a not-bad teen romance, but I think her books are painful for adults to try to read.


This is exactly right. I feel a twinge of a headache, just remembering how awful and imprecise was her use of English.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 04:32 pm
@failures art,
Your immorality has nothing to do with you atheisim Deist.

How many fundamentalist Christian conservatives do you know who are big fans of Rand?

Let me see if I understand you: Your atheism is not a product of reason, but one of faith and mysticism?

Rand was an atheist who based that worldview on her concept of Objectivism; a concept which can roughly be reduced to rationalism.

Since, by your own claim, you are not the atheist she was, one can only assume you have come to your worldview through something like a metaphysical vision.

Very interesting.

I would love to learn about the moment you fell off your horse on the way to Damascus and were blinded by The Void.

Finn dAbuzz
 
  2  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 04:53 pm
Rand, like most of us was a flawed human being.

Just like Barack Obama...oh wait, maybe that was a poor choice for comparison.

She was also a flawed novelist and philosopher, but then who have not been?

Susan Sontag and John Dewey?

What is more disgraceful than ironic is the fact that Liberals who would, otherwise by default, celebrate the accomplishments of any intellectual and artistic woman during the first half of the 20th century have put Rand through a critical filter that is able to separate microscopic particles.

And now we have one of their kind declaring her "the most dangerous woman in the United States," and her confreres piling on and even suggesting that it's hard to imagine anyone more dangerous.

Ayn Rand, the most dangerous woman in the United States?

If this is true, it speaks very poorly of the capacity for danger presented by American women since the formation of our nation.

Perfect Liberal nonsense.

If Rand was, as every critic in the NY Time Book Review insists, such a literary and philosophical hack, how can she be so dangerous?

This is the classic paradox of Liberal disdain:

All of their opponents are morons, but at the same time diabolical agents of manipulation.

It used to be funny, but now it is simply tiring.

0 Replies
 
failures art
 
  1  
Reply Tue 9 Aug, 2011 07:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Your immorality has nothing to do with you atheisim Deist.

That's very noble of you to admit. My moral value, be it positive or negative by my own or other's measure is not bonded to the fact that gods are excluded from the list of things I believe in.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

How many fundamentalist Christian conservatives do you know who are big fans of Rand?

Rand has been very fashionable in Conservative politics since the Tea Party AstroTurf was rolled out. Or have you forgot the chants for the Tea Party to "go Galt?" Perhaps, you don't realize that Ron Paul named his son Rand after Ayn Rand. What about the Heritage Foundation holding Altas Shrugged Part 1 (no sequels to be made) watch parties?

It seems that Conservatives are keen to hold Rand up high, and simply ignore her atheism. Menahwhile, it is her philosophical beliefs that they condemn in me--or rather project upon me.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Let me see if I understand you: Your atheism is not a product of reason, but one of faith and mysticism?

You're not this dumb. My atheism is a product of reason. Both Rand and I do not believe in gods. We differ in what the implication of that conclusion is on human behavior and on what is most beneficial for individuals and to society.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Rand was an atheist who based that worldview on her concept of Objectivism; a concept which can roughly be reduced to rationalism.

"Objectivism" is a name. It is a philosophy that no so unlike many claims to be based on rationality. It has no special claim to it.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Since, by your own claim, you are not the atheist she was, one can only assume you have come to your worldview through something like a metaphysical vision.

Very interesting.

Very dumb, Finn. How you lead yourself to such a conclusion is beyond me.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I would love to learn about the moment you fell off your horse on the way to Damascus and were blinded by The Void.

More like a pale blue dot, champ.

A
R
T
iamsam82
 
  2  
Reply Mon 30 Jul, 2012 04:27 am
@failures art,
Stephanie Meyer. Unless we all work hard to stop her, she might write another book.
0 Replies
 
georgeob1
 
  1  
Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:34 pm
Acvtually Barbara Boxer is the most dangerous woman in America.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/06/2020 at 06:31:34