British Inheritance Laws - early 1800's

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 06:38 pm
Anyone know where I could find some reliable info on this topic? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,689 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Letty

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 07:50 am
Hey, beautyforashes. Welcome to A2K. I can't help you, but there are quite a few Brits on this forum, and perhaps one or several will reply to your query.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 08:42 am
When looking for a specific law in Great Britain, you should know of the differences in e.g. Scottish and English law.

This is a more general view about the history of the European Inheritage and Succession Law:
Quote:

source: Encyclopedia Britannica

You will find a more specific -but popularly written- answer from a dictionary of that time here:
The Victorian Dictionary: THE LAW OF WILL-MAKING

Sorry that I can't give you more information re Scottish Law (although I'm friendly with the Dean of the law department of a Scottish University Laughing ).
0 Replies

Forget me not1214

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 09:58 pm
I tried to locate this quote on Britannica and I couldn't find it and it would be highly useful in a research report i need to write and with proper citation this information would prove highly beneficial.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
When looking for a specific law in Great Britain, you should know of the differences in e.g. Scottish and English law.

This is a more general view about the history of the European Inheritage and Succession Law:
Quote:

source: Encyclopedia Britannica

You will find a more specific -but popularly written- answer from a dictionary of that time here:
The Victorian Dictionary: THE LAW OF WILL-MAKING

Sorry that I can't give you more information re Scottish Law (although I'm friendly with the Dean of the law department of a Scottish University Laughing ).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 01:54 am
I'll tried to re-find it - unfortunately I wasn't successful (until now).

(It's from the dvd-version, so it's there/here ... :wink: )
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 08:15 am
Here we are (quotation is as if taken from the [online] premium service [which actually is the very same to the dvd-version, as I confirmed]):

(quoted in MLA-style:]
Inheritance." Encyclopædia Britannica. 2004. Encyclopædia Britannica Premium Service.
20 Apr. 2004 <http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?eu=109289>.

[quoted in 'Britannica-style':]
"inheritance" Encyclopædia Britannica from Encyclopædia Britannica Premium Service.
<http://www.britannica.com/eb/article?eu=109289>
[Accessed April 20, 2004].
0 Replies

Forget me not1214

Reply Sun 25 Apr, 2004 05:30 pm
thank you so much!
0 Replies