How do you know??????????????????????

kabby

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 04:07 pm
I am desperate for answers. If you are involved in a long distance relationship with someone who has no phone. I have known the person for many years and last saw them a couple of months ago. I know they have no phone. The person also does not have a car currently. I have went several weeks with no mail or phone calls from the person. (Thru the holidays and my birthday). I was devastated not to hear from them and yet I am not going to force myself on anyone. I wrote back and answered the last letter that was sent to me and then nothing came back. I was especially devastated because of the personal information that I so willingly shared in the letter. In other words, I bared my soul and I have thought that this old flame of mine to be my soul mate. My heart of hearts and to have no response I was going completely nuts wondering if I said too much, said too little, said something offensive and so on.
Meanwhile, yesterday out of the blue I get a phone call and it is just as if we were never out of contact for these last 6 weeks. I was miffed and said so and then I was told I am sorry but I don't have a car or phone and it is difficult and you must forgive me and not think bad things about me (because I said that I felt uncared for and that the person has a strange way or telling me they love me.) I want to believe them and not think that something or someone else has entered into the picture.
This individual works night shift and I work days and we have been in detailed contact prior to this. Many phone calls, gifts and letters have been exchanged.
I love this person very much and want to pursue a relationship and am even willing to relocate I just need to be sure. I have asked these questions and the answers have been given that they love me in return but am I wrong for thinking that actions speak louder than words at all times? Is there any time that these things should be taken into consideration? Please reply I am in need of as many opinions as I can get.
Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 919 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 04:11 pm
Kabby- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Read your post. Pretend that someone else wrote it. Step back and look at what the words are saying. I think that you will get the answer for yourself.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 07:11 pm
Kabby--

Actions do speak louder than words. Do you want to build your life around a person who takes six weeks off--including holidays and your birthday?

Before you relocate, look at all the implications of No Phone's actions.

Good luck.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 10:39 pm
Noddy24 wrote:

Actions do speak louder than words. Do you want to build your life around a person who takes six weeks off--including holidays and your birthday?

Before you relocate, look at all the implications of No Phone's actions.

Of course, love is always a risky thing...get to know this person better, before you take the risk.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 05:56 am
Kabby
Have you ever met this person?

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

kabby

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 11:27 am
Thank you for all of your responses. I will take what you said into consideration. I have met the person Montana. I believe that the person was not the "type" to do this type of thing. I will carefully weigh your responses and proceed from there. I don't want to have a relationship with anyone who takes 6 weeks off! That stinks!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 12:23 pm
Kabby--

No Phone may make a terrific long distance friend--but lovers must be more than friends. Meanwhile, you're thinking clearly. Good.

Good luck.
0 Replies

lost my calgon

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 04:22 pm
ummmm....is this person in prison? Or are they just trash? How do they work without a car? How do they get a job if there is no way for an employeer to reach them? Can you repeat after me..... L O S E R
Long distance relationships never ever never never never never ever WORK Surprised ...find someone with a life please!!!! A job...some responsibility...some manners....some respect!!!!!!
0 Replies

kabby

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 08:20 am
Thanks for the comments Lost my calgon. I know that you believe from reading my post that this person is a loser but I can honestly say that they are not a loser. They are not in prison. They are a law abiding person who has had some bad luck happen to them. Many years ago they made a mistake with their vehicle and lost their driving priviledges and have been diligently working to pay back restitution and have their priviledges restored. They are almost at that point. They obtain rides from co-workers and have also walked to work. They live close to where they work. They give gasoline money to the people that they ride with. I know this for this person has lived in my town before now. So I have had occasion to see them and witness their behaviours. The phone issue is a hard one. They use their next door neighbors phone but need to get there own phone. I know that long distance relationships are difficult and most do not work out. I have came to the conclusion that I deserve better treatment than this and am glad that I posted this question for it has helped me to delve into my heart and mind and figure out whether I want to be treated this way or not and I most certainly do not!
0 Replies

lost my calgon

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2004 09:44 am
kabby
I was thrilled to hear that you have moved on...you are a smart woman!!
I didn't mean to offend you about saying he was a LOSER, but I did scense some kind of against-the-law activity on his part.
They use to say that there were only 3 things you needed to survive...
Food Clothing and Shelter
I say there are 5 things you need to survive...
Food Clothing Shelter Good Credit and A Clean Record...
Find a man who can offer you all of these who lives within a 25 mile radius.
So proud of you....keep us posted when you find your "mr.wonderful" Laughing
0 Replies