body contour

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 05:33 pm
When used to describe a girl's or boy's, is the usage of body contour proper? Should we use "body line" or "figure line" instead?

Context:

Finally, Zasloff explores the ability of the dolphin's wound to heal in a way that restores the dolphin's body contour. He says the dolphin's healing ability is less like human healing and more like regeneration.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 500 • Replies: 6
No top replies

JTT

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:36 am
@oristarA,
In the sense that it is being used here with dolphins, I can see that it might be possible to use it for humans.

When used to describe a girl's or boy's [something], is the usage of body contour proper? Should we use "body line" or "figure line" instead?

OR

When used to describe a girl or boy, is the usage of body contour proper? Should we use "body line" or "figure line" instead?

When used to describe girls or boys, is the usage of body contour proper? Should we use "body line" or "figure line" instead?

oristarA

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 07:13 pm
@JTT,
Thank you.

If a girl's body curve is very pretty, how masters in English literature would desribe it?

Those from masterpieces will be especially appreciated.
JTT

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 09:55 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
If a girl's body curve is very pretty, how masters in English literature would desribe it?

You'd have to read those books to find out, Ori.
oristarA

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 07:29 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

You'd have to read those books to find out, Ori.

Well, that's it.

But cannot you give one example? Just one is enough and all.
JTT

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 08:46 am
@oristarA,
My memory doesn't work that way, Ori. If I've ever read such a description, I sure don't remember and I don't have the time nor the inclination to go searching through novels.
oristarA

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 05:02 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

My memory doesn't work that way, Ori. If I've ever read such a description, I sure don't remember and I don't have the time nor the inclination to go searching through novels.

Okay.

Would you mind introducing one of the best descriptions (worked by youself) in your mind about it?

0 Replies