Favorite Movie Scenes

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 08:45 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

I read of another stunt of his that had him standing at attention on the deck of a sinking ship. He was attached to it, and sunk to the point that his hat was floating sadly on the surface. That was supposed to be quite a stunt, too.

Not sure where that's from -- either The Navigator or Sherlock, Jr. would be my guess.

Here's the famous "avalanche" scene from Seven Chances. Buster has to get home before 7:00 to marry his girlfriend, but he is caught between a rock slide and a horde of vengeful brides (too complicated to explain -- see the movie):

Letty

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 03:33 am
@joefromchicago,
Robert Downey, Jr. did "the little tramp" as well. He was awful in Sherlock Holmes, but not bad in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeWwhLZYYl8
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 07:05 am
I kinda liked the tornado scene in Wizard Of Oz: the technicolor portion being a metaphor of dying and waking up in heaven:

Sorry about the distracting counter overlay- couldn't avoid it.
0 Replies

calvinmark

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 02:46 am
Lots of movies i have watched. But my favorite movie scene is in "crazy stupid love" movie. When his wife's affair with boss.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 04:52 pm
The opening scene in Enter the Dragon:

0 Replies