Favorite Movie Scenes

ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 10:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'll agree that I had no idea this was popular in Britain.

I'm even quite stupid on what Britain is - a conglomerate? Or what is european.
gungasnake

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 10:55 pm
@Ben Smith,
True Romance is probably Tarantino's best film.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 11:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yes, I would. Likely re the spoken dramatics.

My shoulder is not chipped. I'm a longtime film watcher and I love films from different years. You are the one who is attacking defensively.

My father was the one who provided the footage (via secured permissions by him) and then edited for the flight scenes for Twelve O'Clock High.

Don't diss me.
His name doesn't show up on the usual links, which is aggravating.

I suppose it would be appropriate that I would add those scenes here.
Not now, though, as I am sleepy.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 11:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Anyway, I think those film sequences were important at the time and even now.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 11:38 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah right.

I love you Osso; you and your quirky self.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 11:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Yeah right, what?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 01:32 am
@ossobuco,
Your right, TheGreat Escape is based on real events, and the survivors are quite often interviewed on the news every time the anniversary comes up.

The UK is a single political entity made up of four countries, England, Scotland, Wales (Britain) and Northern Ireland. It is governed from Westminster in London, and all of the countries except England have their own regional governments/assemblies.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 01:50 am
@izzythepush,
Hi, Izy, and thank you, that is clarifying, but no. I'm talking to both Izzy and Fizzy.
Unless I get confused.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 01:57 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think I need to reply to this.
Finn and I spit.
There is some regard. Well, not the **** much.
But still, regard.
He will work it around to his pov, but in this case I've the history.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 02:31 am
@ossobuco,
It might help to refer to Finn as Finnbar. As in Finnbar Saunders. http://hcc.techradar.com/files/hcc_content/finbarr_saunders.jpg
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 04:32 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It might help to refer to Finn as Finnbar. As in Finnbar Saunders. http://hcc.techradar.com/files/hcc_content/finbarr_saunders.jpg
but that is someone else; creates confusion
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 05:41 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
The Tunnel King - Charles Bronson, playing a Polish character (My personal favorite)

Three great 1960's action movies with large casts were: The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, and The Dirty Dozen. Charles Bronson is the only actor who was in the character ensemble of all three movies.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:31 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Unless I get confused.

Oh come on now, that never happens.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:39 pm
@ossobuco,
I never spit. Far too vulgar.

Speak for yourself, I have tremendous regard for you. It's a great luminosity that can shine some light through the haze.

Have you mastered the ability to live with the POV of someone other than yourself? Remarkable! Please share the technique.

What has history to do with your cringing over the portrayal of The Cooler King?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:41 pm
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
The Tunnel King - Charles Bronson, playing a Polish character (My personal favorite)

Three great 1960's action movies with large casts were: The Magnificent Seven, The Great Escape, and The Dirty Dozen. Charles Bronson is the only actor who was in the character ensemble of all three movies.

Yes indeed and in each movie his character really stood out.

He had a strange but potent charisma.

I wonder when he realized the fact, and if it surprised him.

wandeljw

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 09:20 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think Bronson was a tough guy in real life as well. He worked with actor David McCallum in The Great Escape. He told McCallum privately, "I am taking your wife away from you." Bronson went ahead and actually did that. The woman was actress Jill Ireland.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 08:42 am
One of the greatest performances in movie history:

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 10:53 am
@wandeljw,
agreed
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 11:42 am
@wandeljw,
Have you been following the spat between ECY and OSD?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:26 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I haven't seen the movie other than that first run in the theaters, 5x.

I never noticed McQueen's glossy hair back in the day. Now I would think it's out of context for the situation in the film. When I notice what I think are context goofs, they make me "cringe". Wince might be a better word. I propose that if I saw the whole film again, I would catch other stuff, including possible discourse, but of course I'm not sure of that. I assume I would still love the film , if not nearly as much as when I went to the theater to see it five times in probably that many weeks in, gads, 1963.

The history was a red herring, in that I was riffing on my experience watching movies. I read Reporter and Variety before I was ten, am full of observations however biased or bias free, and always have been, on movies or other matters. Change is possible (see 'glossy hair').

Izzy, on Britain, you don't mean Wales is Britain, and not the rest of it, do you?
I equate Britain and UK, but am not sure I should. Also, I have seem to have picked up mixed signals on whether Britain (etc) is in Europe - which I think it is - and I think I run into that when people start talking about what is Europe in a conversation that also includes some talk about the Euro.

Back with a new video, a kind of spoiler, if I can find it online.