edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:37 pm

Why Can't The English, from My Fair Lady
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Found it, and it is a spoiler.

From a long favorite movie, Cutter's Way, w/Jeff Bridges, John Heard, Lisa Eichhorn. A bit over a 4 minute clip at the end of the film. I thought there was - and there may be - something wrong with my computer sound, or the video sound, but it improved later in the clip, or my hearing of it did.

John Heard and the White Horse (takes a while)

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 02:09 pm
@ossobuco,
England Scotland and Wales together are Great Britain. The United Kingdom includes Northern Ireland, some Ulstermen consider themselves British, but a lot don't. The political entity that is the UK and has David Cameron as its prime minister is officially called, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. We don't have the Euro, we have pounds sterling. We are in the EU though.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 02:17 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks. Now to memorize that..

well, I know about the euro and sterling and from moment to moment know that y'all are in the EU but have been confused by some posts in the past on what's considered Europe, which I take as actually different in what is included, as a matter of geography, in that it is more extensive (or is it) than the EU.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 02:21 pm
@ossobuco,
Exactly, Switzerland is in Europe, but it's not in the EU.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 05:51 am
Lightwizard, an A2K member who recently died, worked on the lighting crew for this classic movie.

0 Replies

zhianzee

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 09:47 am
@wandeljw,
It will always be the hand of Kate at Titanic. Smile
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2011 10:20 am
@edgarblythe,

"How'd you get the beans above the frank?"
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2011 10:12 am
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 05:10 pm
My favorite scene from Neil Simon's Barefoot in the Park. When I took an acting class in high school, I had to play the husband in this scene for my final grade.

Rockhead

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 05:33 pm
@wandeljw,
I always liked Neil Simon plays...
wandeljw

Reply Sun 4 Mar, 2012 05:39 pm
@Rockhead,
Great dialog in all of his plays. I was happy when my high school drama teacher assigned me a scene from one of his plays. We had to study the lines from the actual broadway version. The movie did not change any of the dialog from the original broadway version.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 05:04 pm
The chariot race in Ben Hur:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwi3xROzpSE
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 07:28 am
James Garner, Bruce Dern, and Jack Elam have fun with Western stereotypes in Support Your Local Sheriff.

0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 04:59 pm
Wonderfully choreographed sword fight between Michelle Yeoh and the younger female lead in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 09:19 pm
Quite possibly the most dangerous stunt in film history:

wandeljw

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 10:17 pm
@joefromchicago,
Exactly. No CGI in those days. Buster Keaton had perfect control. Jim Carrey said that when he watches Buster Keaton he realizes that he himself will never attain Keaton's level.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2012 10:30 pm
@joefromchicago,
I read of another stunt of his that had him standing at attention on the deck of a sinking ship. He was attached to it, and sunk to the point that his hat was floating sadly on the surface. That was supposed to be quite a stunt, too.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 12:47 am

One of my all time favorite movie scenes
was toward the beginning of Jurassic Park,
the FIRST time that a dinosaur person is shown. Good acting

David
wandeljw

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2012 07:03 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

One of my all time favorite movie scenes
was toward the beginning of Jurassic Park,