Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 04:44 pm
Responding to several posts.

Obama deliberately chose SS checks as the obligation he informed us he couldn't guaranted.

It takes a real Obama syncophant to deny his choice was based on political calculation.

Plus, he is lying (another sin y'all found to be among W's most heinous)...he can guarantee SS checks will be issued.

Your selective outrage was entirely predictable.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 05:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh_son_of_a_seventh_son
ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 05:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm backing up, I may think I took the quote out of context.

I still think it was a prod to the GOP followers, and a taunt to the gop leaders, however true the ss thing is as a real possibility.

I think it scares average vulnerable seniors whatever their party choices if they have one and thus is a (#%#%) move.

Not in the plus column.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 05:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What am I, chopped liver?

I have long noticed that you tend to put people into rigid categories. All feminists think this. All liberals do this. And so on. This pattern tends to take away from your status as a reasonable arguer.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 05:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

I recall that during the W years, my friends on the Left consistently, and continuously decried the use of fear as a motivator of the American people.

<snip>

So now I'm wondering how these ferocious foes of fear mongering are reacting to President Obama announcing that he can't guarantee that social security checks will be issued if the Debt Ceiling isn't raised.

go ask your friends. that's the best way to find out.

asking here isn't going to tell you anything about your 'friends on the Left'.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 06:41 pm

Another case of liberal fear mongering
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 06:45 pm

Archived: Obama, Democrats: Fear Mongers are Terrified of November 2
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 08:52 pm
@ossobuco,
Who is the 7th Son?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 08:59 pm
@ossobuco,
I seem to have offended you. I didn't intend to. I typed my last post on a cell phone while waiting for my flight to take off. I didn't have time to respond to each poster that essentially made the same pro-Obama argument. It wasn't intended as a response to your posts. Frankly I didn't think yours required a response...your made sense.

I don't believe all liberals think a certain way...just most.

I don't think all or even most feminists think a certain way...except for the liberal ones.

It's unfortunate that your pique led to a insult, but if that's the way you feel about my arguments, so be it. I still enjoy your posts.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:06 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I have no idea or interest..
Irishk

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:08 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Iron Maiden
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Oh but it has, and pretty much what I expected.

I see you're having a problem with my using the term "friends."

I quite like some of the Liberals in this forum (to the extent one can like someone in an Internet forum), and feel friendly towards them: Art is a good example; Max too for the most part.

I don't consider Osso a Liberal, but do, despite her latest post, consider her a A2K "friend."

I don't consider you a Liberal either and feel (obviously unrequited) affection for ehBeth.

Actually there are only few people in this forum that I really dislike, and I don't think I consider them Liberals either...well, maybe one.

They needn't like me of course, nor need any of A2K's Liberals.

I have plenty of friends in the Real World, and some of them happen to be Liberals. When I saw the light in 2001, I didn't reject all the liberal friends I had accumulated over the years (with one notable exception), I just felt more in tune with all the conservatives friends I had accumulated over the same period.

I'm hardly an expert on the relationships between A2K members. It took me quite some time to figure out that Diane and Dys were a couple. I have a feeling that you and Setanta also have a personal relationship. The mutual animosity he and I have for one another is pretty clear, and if he is someone dear to you, than I can fully understand why I might irritate you. I can't understand why he might be dear to you, but then I only know Setanta, the A2K personae. If he is dear to you, then there must be a side to him that I've not experienced, or you're a sucker for punishment.

In any case, what does it matter? Where all Bozos on this bus, and this bus encourages us to be just that.

Or it can have nothing to do with Set and you simply consider me a Jackass.

I can live with that.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Well, I'm a liberal fem, not all so early as I haven't read any of the books, including Friedan, which I tossed, on something in it about not obeying your husband, relatively early in the book, when I still thought that was the right course. I almost remember doing it, it was in my living room, taking it to the kitchen waste basket. This was very early in the context of modern feminism.

That was a problem in my life then, connecting to a man I could obey.
So, let's say I started out startled.

Time marches, and that can be a good thing.

Anyway, we are all not aligned in some pocket of despond, and are likely to argue among ourselves. A lot of us do love men.

Apology understood, and thank you.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:29 pm
@ossobuco,
Yet you posted the link.

I'm confused.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:40 pm
@Irishk,
Or Alvin The Maker.

Mose Allison has a great song entitled "The 7th Son."

"Everybody's talkin bout the 7th Son; in the whole wide world there is only one: I'm the One. Yes I'm the One. I'm the One I'm the One, the one they call the 7th Son."

I don't know that I have ever heard an Iron Maiden song, and if not, I have no regrets. This is probably silly, because I do like some Metal, however, to me, Iron Maiden is to Metal as Boston is to Rock (and regrettably I have heard Boston songs).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:41 pm
@ossobuco,
However, on politics, I'm fairly rad, just trying to make do, since I am not a fan of a lot of stir it up stuff, which I take as childish and destructive.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I was explaining another's reference. No good deed goes unearthed.
0 Replies