Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 11:20 pm
How do you find your dad when your mom knows nothing about him....She only gave me his name and said they lost touch 20 years ago....I've talk to her young man to mother and she still doesn't know anything so I'm trying not to give up....but at the same time I have given up....its like there's no hope at all....
My mom is African American, I was told my dad is Puerto Rican and I really need to know my identity....There's a big part of me missing and I believe its because of me not knowing my other half of where I came from....I really hurts....so I try not to think about it....but it always comes to mind
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,110 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Fido

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 06:43 am
@27carlos,
Papa was a Rolling Stone
Where ever he laid his hat was his home.

The first place to start looking would be Puerto Rico, and trust me on this, there are a lot of them, and they like to dance... You might go looking for a father and find a child, if you get my drift... If you have had the love of your mother you have had just about the best that life can offer you... Being a father means finding how inessential you are to the whole process of child rearing.. If you want, really, to get a rough idea of what to look for, get a genetic test... My people from Puerto Rico, Daughter in Laws family, come from all over: French, Spanish, African, right down to Island Native... I think it is wonderful... Mixed up genes make the best people, just as mixed up genes make the best dogs... I can't stand pure breds..

A name and approximate age is more than a lot of people have to start with... Find the guy, spit in his eye, and say thanks for all the help in life dad... But; don't give up... You have family and they may want you, and need you... And You want your Father to be proud and it is hard to love a quiter..
27carlos

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 01:16 am
@Fido,
thanks man....im just still tryna make it....sometimes i get an urge to look for him....so i try....then i failed....i get another urge about a month later....and fail again....maybe I'll find him by mistake or something.....but I just dont get how when my brother was ready to find his dad.....my mom knew just about everything....and he met just about everybody in his family this summer.....but I'm her first born....and she knows nothing....thats another reason why it hurts and why I'm so confused....
Fido

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 02:02 pm
@27carlos,
You should by now be sort of eclectic... No father has all the elements of character a son needs... So look at all good men as examples and use them as examples so long as they remain good... It is like me and Jesus, too... I do not expect Jesus to be personified in the wealthy and care free... I expect Jesus to be revolting or disgusting, to have his hand out, to not be nice, but always be needy... If you find your father, he may need your help more than you need his... What then??? Because we all think we need God, but what if God needs us to do his thing??? It may be that what you need in this life is what we all need: The strength and courage to stand alone, along with the morals to do so well....
0 Replies