H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:16 am

Obama Executive Orders Impose New Gun Rules

“In an effort to stem the illicit flow of weapons into Mexico, the Justice Department announced Monday that all gun shops in four Southwest border states will be required to alert the federal government to frequent buyers of high-powered rifles.

Under the new policy, federal firearms licensees in Texas, California, Arizona and New Mexico must report purchases of two or more of some types of rifles by the same person in a five-day span. The requirement applies to purchases of semi-automatic rifles that have detachable magazines and a caliber of greater than .22.

ATF estimates it will generate 18,000 reports a year. ATF will retain the information and if no investigative leads have been realized after two years, it will be purged.”

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:17 am
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:23 am
@H2O MAN,
Stopping guns from getting in the hands of the vicious drug gangs who are killing so many people sounds like a good idea to me.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:26 am
Monday, July 11, 2011

$40 billion transnational criminal enterprises don't fill out paperwork and are not deterred by paperwork violations. This is a blatant effort by the Obama administration and ATF to divert focus of Congress and the general public from their gross incompetence in the Fast and Furious scandal. This scheme will unjustly burden law-abiding retailers in border states. It will not affect drug cartels and and it won't prevent violence along our borders. ATF and the Administration lacks the statutory authority to do this and the NRA will file suit as soon as ATF sends the first demand letters.
-Chris W. Cox, executive director, NRA-ILA
maxdancona

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:28 am
@H2O MAN,
The law enforcement agencies who are protecting our border seem to think this measure is awfully important.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:36 am
@maxdancona,

No - not really, just ask the man on the street and the cop
working the border town and only then will you get the truth.

A few desk jockeys that aren't actually facing this invasion on a daily basis
and liberal democrats are the only ones voicing support for this move.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:45 am
@H2O MAN,
Complaining about "invaders"at the same time you complain about efforts to keep them from getting guns...

Do you see why this is funny?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 09:03 am
@maxdancona,

I'm not complaining about either - the complaint is with Obama, his fast and furious scam and his executive orders.

It's funny how the real story is always avoided by those that support Obama.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 09:22 am
@H2O MAN,
This particular executive order is aimed at keeping guns out of the hands of violent Mexican drug gangs. I am surprised that anyone other than people who support drug gangs would be against this one.

Is this a knee-jerk anti-Obama thing?
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 09:33 am
@maxdancona,

Obama is knee-jerking to a situation he helped create, probably in an
effort to cover his own dumb ass and test his executive order muscle.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 10:25 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Obama Executive Orders Impose New Gun Rules

“In an effort to stem the illicit flow of weapons into Mexico, the Justice Department announced Monday that all gun shops in four Southwest border states will be required to alert the federal government to frequent buyers of high-powered rifles.

Under the new policy, federal firearms licensees in Texas, California, Arizona and New Mexico must report purchases of two or more of some types of rifles by the same person in a five-day span. The requirement applies to purchases of semi-automatic rifles that have detachable magazines and a caliber of greater than .22.

ATF estimates it will generate 18,000 reports a year. ATF will retain the information and if no investigative leads have been realized after two years, it will be purged.”

Where I live purchase of any of the above would mean a five year jail term. And I can't tell you how pleased I am that that is the case. I just don't get the obsession with guns, and I don't think I ever will.
0 Replies