Did anyone watch the Jaycee Dugard interview last night?

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 06:04 pm
What a story. I'm surprised she's able to talk about it at all. She really seemed to hold it together.

I guess I can "understand" Phillip Garrido in some way because unfortunately pedophiles and rapists are not terribly uncommon but I cannot wrap my head around his wife, Nancy, in even the least little bit. In some ways she seems almost worse than him.

Do you think he would have been caught long before he was without Nancy's help?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,693 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Miller

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 06:10 pm
@boomerang,
One thing that bothers me is the 80 trips/18 years that the parole officer made to the house and not once did he ask the victim who she was. Why?
boomerang

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 06:16 pm
@Miller,
Mr. B said he was so mad at the point in the interview where they talk about the neighbor calling the sheriff about the sex offender with the three girls living in his backyard and the sheriff came over but never even went beyond the front door that he had to turn it off.

Insanity.
Miller

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 06:31 pm
@boomerang,
I remember with either reading or hearing it on the radio, that the sex offender had stopped having sex with Jaycee and had started to get the "urge" to go ofter her daughters. If this had happened she might have run away more quickly.
boomerang

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 06:42 pm
@Miller,
That makes sense because that's what happened with both Steven Staynor and Sean Hornbeck -- their kidnappers brought home a younger kid after they "aged out".

I think if he'd messed with her kids she would have found a way to get away or to kill him.
Miller

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 06:47 pm
@boomerang,
I agree.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 09:07 am
@boomerang,
Gosh - I missed it - I will have to see if I can find a link and read about it.

I was really impressed on hearing how well she has progressed. Very impressive and I am extremely happy for her.
boomerang

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 05:32 pm
@Linkat,
It was pretty interesting, Linkat. I imagine that it will be rerun and available on the ABC website soon. I think it's worth watching.
0 Replies