not sure if i have hayfever or perennial conjunctivitis.. can anyone help?

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 04:25 pm
Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me at all- since I was about 8 years old I've always thought I had hayfever as I had all the typical signs - itchy red swollen eyes & sneezing all the time, but having been on the strongest prescribed medication all year round (inc. eye drops, nasal spray, and tablets) nothing has improved (and I am now nearly 20.) However I was just watching a TV show about illness' and on it was a girl who suffered from perennial conjunctivitis, and having looked into a bit more I realised the symptoms are a lot more specific to my eye problems as they do discharge a lot, they are very tender, painful to light and in the mornings my vision is completely blurred. However as I don't really know much about it, I don't know whether to go to the doctor or not incase I'm just reading too much into it and it's still just hayfever I have. If anyone else has these sort of symptoms then I'm sure you can understand how stressful it can be and I am literally willing to do anything that will actually help or reduce them in any way as it is effecting my every day life and holding me back.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,848 • Replies: 2
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 04:36 pm
@lovebites9spiderbite,
Go see an ophthalmologist. They are medical doctors that specializes in eye medicine.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 05:31 pm
@lovebites9spiderbite,
lovebites9spiderbite wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me at all- since I was about 8 years old I've always thought I had hayfever as I had all the typical signs - itchy red swollen eyes & sneezing all the time, but having been on the strongest prescribed medication all year round (inc. eye drops, nasal spray, and tablets) nothing has improved (and I am now nearly 20.) However I was just watching a TV show about illness' and on it was a girl who suffered from perennial conjunctivitis, and having looked into a bit more I realised the symptoms are a lot more specific to my eye problems as they do discharge a lot, they are very tender, painful to light and in the mornings my vision is completely blurred. However as I don't really know much about it, I don't know whether to go to the doctor or not incase I'm just reading too much into it and it's still just hayfever I have. If anyone else has these sort of symptoms then I'm sure you can understand how stressful it can be and I am literally willing to do anything that will actually help or reduce them in any way as it is effecting my every day life and holding me back.

Go to your internist and don't let anyone practice internet medicine on you.
0 Replies