Efficient ways to enhance my English?

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 02:02 am
Is there any efficient ways to better my English? 'cause I guess I am confronted with a bottleneck. I think I have lost my interet in English already.OMG. Q_Q
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 549 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 04:51 am
@michaelzhang,
I know what you mean. You work so hard, and after a while it seems like you are forgetting as fast as you are learning.

I don't know, maybe you can find different source materials. Not more advanced really, but just something presented in a different way. Have you tried reading novels in English? I don't mean great literature, but just the ordinary stuff you might enjoy reading in your own language. When you hit language you don't understand, maybe just keep on going. If the same problems keep recurring it might be time to trot out the dictionary. When the dictionary doesn't come close to what you need, you can often get help on idioms and useage right here.

Don't hesitate to ask.
michaelzhang

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 08:06 am
@roger,
Thanks very much. Merci. Gracious. xiexie(谢谢) \(^o^)/~
0 Replies

orrisn

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 10:41 am
@michaelzhang,
{ARE} there any ways . . .
Good grammar is a waste on the majority of speakers of any language. I believe it is important to know how to speak a language correctly before you employ slang and vernacular, but communication is the key. I believe the joy is possessing the ability to communicate. The sense of achievement you feel when you can speak plainly to people in their own tongue is precious. It broadens your life by opening up a window to a culture not your own.
0 Replies