Lack of sexual attraction in marriage

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 08:49 am
Hi,
I am 34 and my husband is 38, we are married for last 7 months. We get along well with each other and I don't see any major differences between us. My problem is that till now we have had sex just 10 -11 times. Although, I don't feel sexually starved but somewhere I get worried after reading articles and hearing from friends that in the first few months of marriage couples are sexually attracted to each other and this is the time when the foundation of any relationship is laid. This is my husband's second marriage. He got divorced a year back. His previous marriage lasted for 7 years and he was very much in love with his ex-wife. She was the one who decided to end the marriage. In the first few days of our marriage he used to come close to me and then suddenly he will be lost and would go all quiet. On the 3rd day of our marriage he looked very upset and casually mentioned that when you spend time together and fall in love with someone thats when you start enjoying sex even more. I immediately inferred that he was missing his ex-wife but decided to give him sometime. But things don't seem to be picking up. However, otherwise he never talks about his ex and mostly keeps to himself. I want to know if I should try to change things here or is it going just fine and I am over reacting. I come from a conservative family and it would be hard for me to demand sex. Please guide me if you feel there is any problem to be addressed in my case.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,888 • Replies: 5
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 08:54 am
@Priyasinha76,
he remarried too soon, he'd only been divorced 5 months* and even if they were separated that's still different from being divorced, not sure what to say to help
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 09:08 am
What does your "conservative" family have to do with what goes on between you and your husband behaind closed doors?

Time to grow up and become a woman who acts desirable and wants to be desired. Time to be assertive with your man. Make the first move. Flirt and seduce.

THEN you will find out if your man is depressed, distracted, still in love with his ex, or is just not interested.

Sit too quietly and the world will pass you by.
Mame

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 09:13 am
@djjd62,
I agree with this. I think he's still in love with his ex. Sorry about that, but weren't you aware of this while you were dating him?
Priyasinha76

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:53 am
@Mame,
Surprisingly, he didn't show any of these signs when we were dating. He used to talk a lot, would call me up 2-3 times in a day. Now, I think he was trying desperately to get over his previous relationship and wanted to move on....

So many thoughts cross my mind, sometimes i feel probably he doesn't find me as attractive as his ex, a couple of times he has given negative comments on my looks as well. I understand that between a husband and wife such comments could be a common thing but I get so depressed. I had a very promising job but 1 month after marriage I had to quit my job and relocate so that we can stay together. Now when my entire focus is on him and our marriage i feel miserable at the thought of being compared with someone else. I used to be a confident woman but lately I have lost all my confidence. I have started looking for a job, hopefully things will get better once am working again.
0 Replies

Priyasinha76

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 04:15 am
@PUNKEY,
Thanks for the advice. Honestly, I did try to make the first move a few times but he said that he was tired. It was so discouraging and embarassing that I couldn't do it again. I just wanted to make sure if there is a problem or is it a common pattern in newly married couples (obviously, keeping our age also in mind) If you feel its unusual then I am ready to have a chat with him.
Thanks
0 Replies