My Saturday Rant: Don't holla back black/white axe grinders

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 09:55 am
My life is a patchwork of friends, acquaintances, enemies, strangers; all are of various colors, educations and degrees of reasonableness. All have axes to grind. And that's good. Without convictions we are nothing. But I hate the racial tit for tat that goes on, because it increases emotional knee jerk statements and drives the wedge deeper between us. I believe that these little spats are not cathartic, but, rather, represent the tip of an iceburg that harbors real resentment. If we want resolution let us see how much we can work together. I don't tolerate negative language in my home and not much of it on the job.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,430 • Replies: 52
No top replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 09:59 am
You da MAN, edgarbythe.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 10:06 am
Hollering only proves that one has a loud voice. And you know what they say about "empty barrels".

I agree. I am sick and disgusted of "professional victims", who choose to blame anything and everyone but themselves for their problems. Yes, there is inequality in this world, and that is tragic. But shoving it it people's faces only serves to widen the chasm.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 11:04 am
I apologize if my Friday rant was part of the problem and not of the solution.

I was needling Noah, perhaps needlessly.

I don't want to be construed as a racist becuse I'm not, and I think those of you who have been posting with me over the last two or three years know that.

I find Noahs posts and rants to be absolutely tiresome and ridiculous, and I don't believe anything will change his mind because he doesn't want his mind changed, so I just screw with him.

Immature on my part. Boom Boom Busted, guilty as charged.

Please accept my apology.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 11:06 am
wellll. only if you jump up on the bar in your cutout motorcycle suit and sing Y m c A
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 11:08 am
Yes, by all means don't mention the war...

Phoenix, I believe there is balance in all things.

I do not know what you mean by shoving inequality in people's faces - or how you define the difference beyween a "professional victim" and somebody who is speaking out in an attempt to raise awareness of issues of injustice and entrenched systemic inequality.

Were the early ranters about the inequality of British rule in the soon to be United States "professional victims" or something else?

Were the freedom riders in the American South (and their counterparts in Oz) shoving the unfairness of laws about them in people'sfaces?

I can guess what you mean - particularly given the thread which clearly engendered this one - but I think your position is (or appears to be) as unbalanced as Noah's.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 11:12 am
yeh, what she said. but bi Bear has still gotta do Y M C A
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 11:13 am
I wanna seeeeee it!
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 11:14 am
was out of pocket friday...going back to see the friday rant.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 01:52 pm
I'm pulling up a chair here. BiPolar singing YMCA is a show I'm not gonna miss.

Slide over, Farmerman.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 02:02 pm
I think I know Bi-Polar bear well enough to know where he's coming from. His thread alone didn't spark this one. Both of the rants did. I think bear was just trying to counter-balance the first one anyway. I thought a third perspective might be in order. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Noah had a few white family members and friends for all his raving.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 02:07 pm
You've been warned previously about touching my ass Gus...so....a little decorum....I realize I'm irresistable, but I'm straight....besides that squinney is a mean mean territorial woman......misbehave at your peril.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 02:07 pm
Move on down, Gus. I wanna seat for this, too.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 02:09 pm
You've got plenty of bills on ya right Eva? Not those one dollar bills either, I'm pricey.....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 02:15 pm
Pricey is good. I've got plenty of twenties. Start dancin'.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 02:17 pm
Last time Gus was at the show he swiped his bank card in the crack of my ass and tried to take money out of my leather chaps....keep an eye on him......
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 02:19 pm
dlowan- Have you ever heard the expression that "some people will find something dirty in the crotch of a tree"? It is the same thing with racism. Yes, it does exist, and it is abominable. But there are some people who will perceive harm, where there is none.

I, personally, do not respond well to people who rant, and attempt to hammer a point home. I am much more apt to listen, and give more credence to, a quiet, well thought out argument than a diatribe.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 02:20 pm
this entire thread has taken a kind of "crotchy" turn here in the last few posts Phoenix Shocked
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 02:35 pm
Embarrassed Confused Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2004 03:27 pm
a likely story bi. ive never heard of any non-consensual credit card ass swiping
0 Replies