http://english.wordinn.com/multistory
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,818 • Replies: 14
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 06:03 am
Yes. A book or movie can have many plots or subplots within its story.
wayne

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 06:10 am
@samkhan,
Well, that's the correct meaning, context is important though.
The common use of the term multistory, is to describe a building.
My friend lives in a multistory apartment building.
Meaning the building has multiple floors, (Stories).
Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 06:18 am
My Girl always has several reasons why things aren't her fault. Is that multistory?
Fido

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 09:29 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

My Girl always has several reasons why things aren't her fault. Is that multistory?
A lot like her daddy I see... All you need is an excuse... So rare to see a self assured ass ask a question... Does it make you feel: WEAK???
Fido

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 09:32 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Yes. A book or movie can have many plots or subplots within its story.

Levels of meaning don't have much to do with sub plots... Every work can be compared with others for meaning all the way from literal to anagogic... Some works are not meaningful on every level, and almost all are meaningful on severl... I have a book around here on literary criticism... I will try to dig it up..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 09:32 am
@Fido,
You are seriously whack. You don't know what he was talking about there and are just making **** up.
Fido

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 09:37 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

You are seriously whack. You don't know what he was talking about there and are just making **** up.
I will tell you that definition is wrong, and I bet I can prove it... The only likely hitch is finding a book and if I don't have them on every level of my house in at least ten different cases and cabinates then you can kiss my ass...
During my short stay, one year, at university, I was an English Major and did consider becoming a writer... It was in the process of writing and trying to write better that I learned about Magic, Anthropology, Theology, Philosophy, and History as well as becoming well acquanted with certain writers of fiction, which is a process going on for me yet today...Do I know what ever the writer intended multistory meaning to mean when he wrote it??? That would be efin impossible without more information... I do know that writers deliberately reference other stories, as in Billy Bud referencing the story of Jesus' crucifixtion, and even the tree of life as the cross referencing the Genesis story of the tree of knowledge which is the tree of death... But is this any different than Bob Dillon refering to the line of crosses as a Watch Tower, and that being the name of a famous Christian publication??? No one writes in a vacuum... Every good writer copies and builds upon certain themes which register Archetipically with humanity from our earlies myths...
ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 09:40 am
@Fido,
You can't even tell what post of yours I was responding to. I don't expect you to be able to find anything anywhere.

Whack.

I'm starting to understand why people respond to you as they do.

Fido

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 09:48 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

You can't even tell what post of yours I was responding to. I don't expect you to be able to find anything anywhere.

Whack.

I'm starting to understand why people respond to you as they do.

Read a book..
ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 09:50 am
@Fido,
ouch ouch ouch

Fido

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 09:57 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

ouch ouch ouch

Rub some dirt on it and play ball...
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2011 10:31 am
@wayne,
wayne wrote:
The common use of the term multistory, is to describe a building. My friend lives in a multistory apartment building.
Meaning the building has multiple floors, (Stories).

This is where British English scores - we have different spellings for story (tale or account) and storey (floor of a building). Plurals are stories and storeys.
McTag

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 01:44 am
@contrex,

That is what I was going to say.

A carpark can be multi-storey. Multistory is a confusing word and should be avoided. There are better ways of expressing the idea. At the very least, it should be written with a hyphen.
0 Replies

samkhan

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 09:31 am
@samkhan,
Link updated
http://meaning.wordinn.com/multistory
0 Replies