Doing weight training daily

JD3P

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 05:27 pm
I've already been taught that you should do weight training every other day. I currently go to the gym four days a week and rest three, and I have been doing weight training every other day, plus cardio every day. I was wondering if it would be a good or a bad idea to change it up to doing weight training daily? I would not be doing the same consistent exercises, instead I would switch to different machines working different areas that weren't worked the day before. I am just trying to make the most of my gym visits, and would like to know ahead of time from someone who has some knowledge in the field of building muscle. I am a 23 year old female btw, not sure if that makes any difference. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,590 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 05:34 pm
@JD3P,
I go in the early morning and work out five days a week. But I don’t work out the same muscles, one day upper body the next lower. Works for me.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 06:25 pm
Yes, your muscles need to rest and rejuventate. Work out every day (if you must) but don't work on the same muscles. talk to a trainer to be sure. The gym should have someone there who can help develop a system for you.

0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 06:55 pm
@JD3P,
You can weight train daily is you switch out the muscle groups you're working each day. Jorge Cruise has a great workout plan that focuses on two opposing muscle groups per day, six days per week.

Monday: Chest, back
Tuesday: Shoulders, abs
Wednesday: Biceps, triceps
Thursday: Hamstrings, quads
Friday: Gluts, calves
Saturday: Inner and Outer thighs

If you want to you can double up Monday and Thursday on those days, Tuesday and Friday, and Wednesday and Saturday.

All you need to do is 4 sets of 12 at significant weight (reps 10-12 are difficult) on each muscle group with no rest between opposing groups and you're done in 8 or 16 mins.
0 Replies